new found respect for BON JOVI

sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
edited November 2006 in Other Music
anyone else see these guys on the UK hall of fame awards? They put on a great show and look like a great live band in general. Any thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bon jovi sucks major cock. probably one of my least fav. bands. washed up losers....
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    bon jovi sucks major cock. probably one of my least fav. bands. washed up losers....

ha ha

coming from a gnr fan
    :rolleyes:

i have slippery when wet,keep the faith, and new jersey
    good live band , for sure.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    bon jovi sucks major cock. probably one of my least fav. bands. washed up losers....
    u mean washed up losers like gnr are.hey whens the new gnr cd coming out
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• a little testimony from other ppl on the board who don't think GNR are washed up:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by uninnocent
    wow, i was not expecting the gnr show last night to be that good. it really took me by surprise. axl's still a very talented singer/showman, richard and bumblefoot are great soloists on the guitar and robin's an excellent rythym player (didn't like his soloing). and my girlfriend had tears in her eyes during november rain. she absolutely loved the show, and ranks it higher than pj's ottawa show from last year (her previous favourite concert ever) -- i wouldn't go that far, but it was still quite spectacular. i'm not usually a fan of fireworks, flamethrowers & confetti, but they did it all in excess, and i wouldn't expect anything less from the gunners. fuck, i left the show with my aic cap and all my pockets filled with confetti. my major gripe with the show was that i was standing for about six and a half hours. after the show, i felt like i did after i did a half marathon. i'm still exhausted today.

sebastian bach quite impressed me as well. i went in under the assumption that he would be a washed-up untalented hair metal throwback, but he definitely had a lot of talent. and charisma, he had a lot of that too, and he really got the crowd psyched up for gnr.

ricky, julian & bubbles were easily the highlight of last night's show for me. i fucking love the trailer park boys and absolutely loved bubbles coming out to sing. and julian of course had a mixed drink in hand.

i coulda done without the suicide girls' 30-minute set. i mean i have the internet, so i don't really need a public show.

the first opener was horrible. sounded familiar, but i can't place where i know them from. terrible. it sounded like one continuous song throughout their thirty minute set. anyone know who they were so i can ensure i never have to endure them again? thanks in advance.

i'd see gnr again for sure. it was quite an experience. wow.

When was the last time bon jovi made an album that didnt sound like the first 2 or 3?
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    hey whens the new gnr cd coming out

supposedly its coming out this tuesday, nov 21.

http://www.petersreviews.com/index.php?/archives/2540-Will-Guns-N-Roses-New-CD-Be-Released-on-November-21.html

or some other Tuesday before the end of the year. as its says on the GnR MySpace page:

As for Guns N' Roses forthcoming "Chinese Democracy" album the only comment at this time is that there are 13 Tuesdays left between now and the end of the year.

I guess that was written in September.

from what I hear, we won't officially know when it's been released until the day it's released.

anyway... bon jovi sucks zebra ass.

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    supposedly its coming out this tuesday, nov 21.

http://www.petersreviews.com/index.php?/archives/2540-Will-Guns-N-Roses-New-CD-Be-Released-on-November-21.html

or some other Tuesday before the end of the year. as its says on the GnR MySpace page:

As for Guns N' Roses forthcoming "Chinese Democracy" album the only comment at this time is that there are 13 Tuesdays left between now and the end of the year.

I guess that was written in September.

from what I hear, we won't officially know when it's been released until the day it's released.

anyway... bon jovi sucks zebra ass.

oh wow great for axel,im really happy for the guy NOT.i did not know its coming out cause i really dont care for a washed up asshole like axel.i hope it bombs big time
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    straight from a person born and raised in new jersey:
    Bon Jovi sucks ass, bruce springsteen and frank sinatra are the good jersey musicians
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • a little testimony from other ppl on the board who don't think GNR are washed up:

Quote:
    wow, i was not expecting the gnr show last night to be that good. it really took me by surprise. axl's still a very talented singer/showman, richard and bumblefoot are great soloists on the guitar and robin's an excellent rythym player (didn't like his soloing). and my girlfriend had tears in her eyes during november rain. she absolutely loved the show, and ranks it higher than pj's ottawa show from last year (her previous favourite concert ever) -- i wouldn't go that far, but it was still quite spectacular. i'm not usually a fan of fireworks, flamethrowers & confetti, but they did it all in excess, and i wouldn't expect anything less from the gunners. fuck, i left the show with my aic cap and all my pockets filled with confetti. my major gripe with the show was that i was standing for about six and a half hours. after the show, i felt like i did after i did a half marathon. i'm still exhausted today.

sebastian bach quite impressed me as well. i went in under the assumption that he would be a washed-up untalented hair metal throwback, but he definitely had a lot of talent. and charisma, he had a lot of that too, and he really got the crowd psyched up for gnr.

ricky, julian & bubbles were easily the highlight of last night's show for me. i fucking love the trailer park boys and absolutely loved bubbles coming out to sing. and julian of course had a mixed drink in hand.

i coulda done without the suicide girls' 30-minute set. i mean i have the internet, so i don't really need a public show.

the first opener was horrible. sounded familiar, but i can't place where i know them from. terrible. it sounded like one continuous song throughout their thirty minute set. anyone know who they were so i can ensure i never have to endure them again? thanks in advance.

When was the last time bon jovi made an album that didnt sound like the first 2 or 3?

nice quoting technique, do you have an opinion of yourself as well?
    ..And we're all gonna be...

..Just dirt in the ground...
  • GNR are so awesome, they don't HAVE to always show up for their own concerts! They're so cool, they keep their fans waiting until 11 or later just to start the show, if they show up at all. Man that Axl is such a bad ass,

G N R SUCKS !!!!
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • All I know is that Jon Bon Jovi is scary looking on an HDTV. Have you seen those commercials on the MHD channel? Yikes! :eek: He looks like he is 68 years old.
    NERDS!
  • ... and on to the original point, I don't hate Bon Jovi. I just don't understand why so many people are so infatuated with them. I'd like them better if they could only write half decent lyrics.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • nice quoting technique, do you have an opinion of yourself as well?

Dude, look at the dudes SN

Anyway, lets not turn this into a bon jovi or gnr thread. Cause I'd be on gnr side so that means we'd win by default. (Jesus, i'm fucking kidding. Stop looking at me like that)

Quote:

Sounds like Axel got himself some really fine musicians-for-hire.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    The least I would expect from a band who have been around for 25 years is to put on a decent live show. Still doesn't take away from the fact over those 25 years they only have a very small handful of decent songs and most of those were written in the first 10 years.
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    straight from a person born and raised in new jersey:
    Bon Jovi sucks ass, bruce springsteen and frank sinatra are the good jersey musicians
    Don't mind were B.J comes from, even if they were my neighbours or familly, they SUCK.....
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Yer I saw it, I've seen them live too, they're OK. A bit corny though.

I was annoyed that O'Leary said "the band that invented the mosh pit", and then seeing Chad Kroeger with his makeup on talking about how theu're the saviours of R&R.

But I guess its alright cause they did say pop-rock, rather than rock or metal.
  • i have to say they are one of my all-time fave bands. but jon bon jovi is startnig to shit me up the wall in recent years. just something about him. all his 'good deeds' - i'm not sure what his real intentions are.......i know that sounds mean but yeah i dunno i kinda get that feeling that it's not all what he might make it out to be......... that aside, i still do really love him and respect him in a lot of ways. and he's still one of the sexiest men ever (rewind 10yrs). as for their music......well i'm not sure where that's headed after the past couple of albums. unforunately, i think they've had their time
    EVENFLOW MEMBER #009 and i'm LOVIN the new PJ!!!! avacado all the way!!

i know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    i HOPE you'll be a star,
    in somebody elses sky, but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

:D:D

I was about to say that Bon Jovi suck elephant dicks, but your post will suffice.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Right now they're total garbage, BUT they do have a few genuinely amazing songs written throughout their career... mostly the storytelling ones. The Right Side of Wrong (from the Bounce album) and Dry County (from Keep the Faith) are the ones that jump out at me. Also, These Days is a pretty good album, even if it is pretty much a cash-in.

So yeah, they're garbage, but they do have some redeeming factors.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • i think ed called bon jovi "butt rockers" at the wiltern performance. i thought that was appropriate.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    sj.brodie wrote:
    anyone else see these guys on the UK hall of fame awards? They put on a great show and look like a great live band in general. Any thoughts?
    That´s hell of a brave thread. Claiming your love for the blaze of glory cowboy rocker on this message pit. Either you´re stupid or in love
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • I like Jon Bon Jovi. I don't know him personally, but he seems like a good guy, does some charity work, and seems to actually care about his fans. As do the rest of his band. Heard their live show is great too, if you're into their style and generally love getting drunk and singing along to every song.

The music however, I really can't stand. Especially "Livin on a Prayer." That one ranks right up there with "Sweet Caroline" as most annoying bar song ever.
  • edigerediger Posts: 308

When was the last time GnR made an album PERIOD? They both suck, I can't even believe I read as much of this argument as I did.
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    That one ranks right up there with "Sweet Caroline" as most annoying bar song ever.

Now why you gotta go and bring up the mighty Neil?!?!!? Forever in Blue Jeans will tear up Livin On A Prayer and Paradise City any day of the week!!!

Bon Jovi Sucks Zebra Cock
    Axl performs reach arounds on hippos
    But Neil Fuckin Diamond is Unstoppable!!!! He needs his own Chuck Norris type website! Long Live Neil!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    sj.brodie wrote:

A LOT of pearl jam fans are snobs...but the FACT is that bon jovi puts on a great live show. i see a number of shows here in los angeles(multiple pj shows too), and there have only been TWO shows where the crowd was SUPERB and really into the performance. one was bruce springsteen and the other was bon jovi. say what U want about mr. jovi, but he writes some great tunes and he can deliver.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    it has nothing to do with snobbery. a lot of pearl jam fans (myself included) simply think that bon jovi fucking sucks monkey balls.

I will echo that statement. I don't care how good your show is or how into it the crowd is. People were into Poison shows and Whitesnake concerts at one point. Lots of people can move around on stage and have good stage presence. It all means nothing when your music sounds worse than a wet pussy fart.
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    ediger wrote:
    I will echo that statement. I don't care how good your show is or how into it the crowd is. People were into Poison shows and Whitesnake concerts at one point. Lots of people can move around on stage and have good stage presence. It all means nothing when your music sounds worse than a wet pussy fart.

well, that's YOUR opinion and it doesn't mean much to me, or to others that bon jovi's music reaches. bon jovi is here to stay so i guess you'll have to deal with it. :) love him or hate him, he STILL puts on a great show.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Anybody ever see the Triumph the Insult Comic Dog skit on Conan where he goes to the Bon Jovi concert? One of the funniest things I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkF09TEcm8c
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Can we please not mention Guns N' Roses in the same breath as Bon Jovi?

They are so far apart on the musical spectrum it's not even funny.

Anyone who thinks so is in fact, a fucking idiot.
  • direwolf74 wrote:
    Anybody ever see the Triumph the Insult Comic Dog skit on Conan where he goes to the Bon Jovi concert? One of the funniest things I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkF09TEcm8c

that was histerical (sp?) "finally, a role that requires you to suck!" hahahaha