Are there any Deadheads on this site??

2»

Comments

• shell bellshell bell Posts: 337
    I like them.I was lucky enough to get to see the Dead in Seattle in 95.It was an amazing show (I've now heard alot of their older stuff,which,to me is better,but that's just my opnion).I never was a Deadhead,but I do have plenty of Dead music in my collection.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    Another Dead fan here...funny as it is though, I was a PJ fan first, and the DEAD I probably didn't really begin to get into or understand till the end of my sr. yr of hs(1995)....PJ got me into trading tapes (i probably have about 300-400 cassette tapes, and about 30 videos) and THEN i started to trade the dead...! :)
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,762
    former deadhead
    Current bonehead

Skipping the cheese dog tour though
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,762
    merkinball wrote:
    Most of the post-dead projects have been disappointing for sure. The magic wasn't there on the one 'Dead' show I saw. The songs were good, but it was more nostalgic than anything else. Warren opened up solo, and did a solo Stella Blue that was far and above the best song of the night. Ratdog I think is ok, but not great. Bobs voice is really starting to get shot. I like what I hear from Phil (Haven't seen him on his own), but at least he mixes up who he plays with.

But I'll tell you, every time I've seen a solo project from Mickey Hart, it doesn't dissapoint. The drum tours are excellent (saw him once after Planet Drum came out, and once after Supralinga), and I thought the stuff he did with Hydra (with Particle, I think) were cool, very different. Mystery Box is one of my favorite releases period.

And the few times I've seen Hornsby have been pretty good too.

You guys must check out bobbys band ratdog...great performances
    If you like dead tunes, you will love the ratdog
    I saw the dead with Jerry over 50 times, and I do not care for any other side projects.
    But with ratdog, you get a chance to see bobby play smaller venues (always at least one 500 seat venue on a tour), do a few acoustic numbers and play two sets with a great band.
  • DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    Hell yeah...>RATDOG is awesome!

On another note...Anyone checkout the stuff Mickey (and Particle) did w/ Hydra?
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!