***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    I ran into kmart at lunchtime to buy coffee for our employees and I heard over the sound system... "...Oh where, Oh where can my baby beee?"...
    Mr. Ed Vedder loud and clear in kmart... sigh

playthesouth not kmart
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    SPALMA wrote:

playthesouth not kmart

haha! Hell, I would take them at Kmart right now, I'm not picky ;)

play the south

announce a southern tour
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    I just hope they do other concerts.....really dont' feel like seeing them in a festival.....hot..stinky people....no sleep....arghh....but I need a fix.

Play in the South....other than ROOOOOO.

Plueeesse.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    play the south

announce a southern tour
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    callen wrote:
    I just hope they do other concerts.....really dont' feel like seeing them in a festival.....hot..stinky people....no sleep....arghh....but I need a fix.

Play in the South....other than ROOOOOO.

Plueeesse.
    Yeah and no Ten Club seating.Play the South!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:
    bump for NCBRI...thanks for the kind words on the F&B blog....i'd love to be back in that position, with the phone numbers for the record reps and all ;)

play the south
    before i die

Phone #s = Inside Info? I bet you got all the news first. Isn't one of the other 96 Rock guys over there with you now? It seems to be a popular destination.

PLAY THE SOUTH (propper)
    before I get old
    talkin bout me geographical location baby
    Brian
  • please tour the south.
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    play the south

announce a southern tour
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• The south loves PJ.

Please tour the south.
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    play the south

announce a southern tour
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Announce The South!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Became a 10C member last month (and still am not quite sure how to "navigate" the sight, or post my "loyal quotes" quite yet...excuse my mistakes....but the fact remains..... I truly did love Pearl Jam in the early days.....and....although somewhat remained loyal....I must admit - I DID stray. (Slapping myself in the face repeatedly!!!) I've also "surfed" this board on numerous occasions.....prior to actually becoming a member....and to be honest...some of you scare me! So....knowing that I will take a written "beating" for my post - I however, do feel a need to state what I think at this point:

I live in the SOUTH! I wasn't born NOR raised here - I personally originate from the N.E. - but I do now live here! (Florida). And contrary to popular belief - not everyone living here is married to a first cousin, nor believes that "incest is best", nor believes in having sex with sheep (or any other animal), and I for one do NOT listen to country music nor recognize "Sweet Home Alabama" as my personal theme song. I know that many have followed them since the beginning....and I always did in my own way - I don't feel that any should fault those of us in the south for wanting to see them somewhere close (just them) in several southern states. And I think they will....eventually.
    I am now "bracing" myself for all of the possible negative comments! (While I hide under my bed!)???? (Hope not.) But if you feel a need - Bring them on! I'm sure (hoping) that someone living here in the south will "have my back."?????????
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Became a 10C member last month (and still am not quite sure how to "navigate" the sight, or post my "loyal quotes" quite yet...excuse my mistakes....but the fact remains..... I truly did love Pearl Jam in the early days.....and....although somewhat remained loyal....I must admit - I DID stray. (Slapping myself in the face repeatedly!!!) I've also "surfed" this board on numerous occasions.....prior to actually becoming a member....and to be honest...some of you scare me! So....knowing that I will take a written "beating" for my post - I however, do feel a need to state what I think at this point:

I live in the SOUTH! I wasn't born NOR raised here - I personally originate from the N.E. - but I do now live here! (Florida). And contrary to popular belief - not everyone living here is married to a first cousin, nor believes that "incest is best", nor believes in having sex with sheep (or any other animal), and I for one do NOT listen to country music nor recognize "Sweet Home Alabama" as my personal theme song. I know that many have followed them since the beginning....and I always did in my own way - I don't feel that any should fault those of us in the south for wanting to see them somewhere close (just them) in several southern states. And I think they will....eventually.
    I am now "bracing" myself for all of the possible negative comments! (While I hide under my bed!)???? (Hope not.) But if you feel a need - Bring them on! I'm sure (hoping) that someone living here in the south will "have my back."?????????
    Not everyone on here is bad. The regulars on this thread rock- and one day, hopefully soon, PJ will recognize this thread and PLAY THE SOUTH!

Welcome to the Pit and this thread

play the south

announce a southern tour
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    good nite and may the news tomorrow be what we've been waiting for....

PLEASE COME BACK AND PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!
    How great would it be if when we woke up in the morning, this thread was deleted because PJ announced a FULL Southern Tour- I know, I'm dreaming :)

play the south

announce a southern tour
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Rose1963 wrote:
    Became a 10C member last month (and still am not quite sure how to "navigate" the sight, or post my "loyal quotes" quite yet...excuse my mistakes....but the fact remains..... I truly did love Pearl Jam in the early days.....and....although somewhat remained loyal....I must admit - I DID stray. (Slapping myself in the face repeatedly!!!) I've also "surfed" this board on numerous occasions.....prior to actually becoming a member....and to be honest...some of you scare me! So....knowing that I will take a written "beating" for my post - I however, do feel a need to state what I think at this point:

I'm sorry, but what would we be negative about?? I was born and raised in the South (OK, you do need to capitalize the "South" or "Southerner") but you haven't said anything that bothers me....did I miss something? Maybe you're worried about the fact that you strayed away? I never have but I've certainly been pissed off at the band for ignoring us! However, everybody has their own sh** so that's easily forgiven.

Welcome to the board and hopefully you'll see some shows IN THE SOUTH besides Bonnaroo!!

Announce a SOUTHERN TOUR!!!!!!!!

Peace,
    Pat

Oh yeah, some of these people scare me, too, (but not the people on this thread, they're all cool) but I'm not around so much anymore so I'm over it.
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    Rose1963 wrote:

in this thread, your back is 99% gotten, girlfriend. every once in a while there's a "fuck the south" thread, and that's where you'd catch some heat.

as for you being from the NE, well, surveys are showing that states like texas and nerth carolina will be gaining even more seats in the house of reps and the NE will lose them. same thing that happened last census. and the one before. ever heard of anyone retiring and moving to buffalo? i didn't think so....

welcome aboard. hope to see you at a show in the southeast real soon

play the south
    before we die

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    Well I got up this morning at 5:30am and I am freaking tired.Going to Bed now.Can't wait up for some news any longer.Hopefully I will awake to some southern dates.Play the South!!Sweet Dreams all.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • please tour the south.
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    LukinFan wrote:
    How great would it be if when we woke up in the morning, this thread was deleted because PJ announced a FULL Southern Tour- I know, I'm dreaming :)

play the south

announce a southern tour

I think the thread will abide until the show(s) actually happen.

Then, I think we must bid a fond farewell. But we should probably get it to 20000 posts before then.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • tour the south
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    hey hey my my
    this fucking thread will never die
    until PJ plays The South
    and we all have our chances to say Thank You

until then

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    up here in our tree
    Brian
  • please tour the south
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    hopefully there will be more

PLAY THE SOUTH (propper)
    in 08
    Brian
    no surprises, huh?

tourthesouth
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    Well, I'm happy about Bonnaroo- it will end my almost 4 year drought with no Pearl Jam- and I'm sure they will announce some Southern style shows as it festival gets closer- probably some fall dates for the election

play the south

announce a southern tour
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

I really don't know what to say.Tenneessee is the south.But I live in Florida and can not make the trip.And I hate Festivals So Play the rest of the south!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    guess you can't get much more southern than that, but i am still holding out for a dedicated show!

have fun at bonaroo to everyone thats going.....

and btw, who is going???
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    stoneg wrote:
    I really don't know what to say.Tenneessee is the south.But I live in Florida and can not make the trip.And I hate Festivals So Play the rest of the south!!

Yeah i'm not so sure about the festival thing too. I mean how is bonoroo set up is it all camping in tents> are their hotels nearby?

275 a ticket (full price after all fees etc) is a little steep too. I counted 9 bands on the list i really wanted to see (many others i would be happy to check out though) of those 9 i had seen 5 of them before.

Hmmm I got some thinking to do. :)

It would be awesome if they announced a full tour in the area over the summer. I doubt they will do that anytime soon because they don't want people like me on the fence to just go and see them on their individual tour which i understand.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    sometimes I wonder why I am still here?

tourthesouth

communicate with us