***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    callen wrote:
    Play the south suckers.....enough already...I mean Damn.

Ty: Picked up bunch of pecans from yard last winter...and been dooling them out to local squirel's now and then........had a Red Headed Woodpecker...pick one up...go to large tree branch where it meets the trunk.....and beat on it till it broke....pretty resourcefull.
    Got to love them woodpeckers........a marvelously designed beast.....another great piece of nature that one came see down here!!!

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    our woodpeckers tap the metal streetlight fixtures to get the bugs out.

playthesouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:
    our woodpeckers tap the metal streetlight fixtures to get the bugs out.

playthesouth
    See.......what a wonderful creature!!!

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    it's clone behavior!!! it's evolution baby!!!

a bump for those few but fortunate souls that have actually witnessed seeing a 'huge' hog on southern beaches recently...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• edderlyjedderlyj Posts: 72
    play the south again gentlemen; it would be worth all of our whiles.

Whitlin' a toothpick out of the General!
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Pts
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    We love woodpeckers and most all of the creatures with which we share the bright and sunny South!!!!

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Just got back from a quick vacation. Nice to see all the activity here. And I like the snappy new truncated logo.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    PTS
    Brian
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    Spalma,

Was that a hog that was being cooked on the beach.......? I'm curious.

PTS!!!

Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    hope evryone had a good fourth-now lets really get active and get these guys down here in the dirty!!!!

peace.

I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world. ~George Washington
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • If the Pumpkins can do a 9 day residency in Asheville, NC so can Pearl Jam, dammit!!! :D

Play the South!!! :)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    If the Pumpkins can do a 9 day residency in Asheville, NC so can Pearl Jam, dammit!!! :D

Two days would be better than great.
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
    pathorses wrote:
    Spalma,

Was that a hog that was being cooked on the beach.......? I'm curious.

PTS!!!

Pat

That would be a rather large, live hog crossing the road at the beach.

We've seen him before along with his mate and two little babies.

Lots of gators and millions of birds. Have seen bobcats and a panther, whales and a manta ray. That is besides the dolphins and sharks.

have seen the space shuttle atop at 747 gliding right over our heads. (the landing strip was on the other side of the wood that we were in) - it was almost as impressive as the bald eagle hunting a snake.

Our beach is on the other side of a huge wide wildlife refuge bordering kennedy space center. One of the most beautiful beaches I have seen in the world. It is pristine and relatively little used (except for the nude part at the very end).

Pearl Jam just doesn't know what they are missing.

playthesouth

.... ahhhh, where is everybody???.....

playthesouth

SPALMA wrote:
    .... ahhhh, where is everybody???.....

playthesouth
    Just got back from school/work....having to use the internet for science.

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    THE SOUTH ABIDES
    bring it back some way
    Brian
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
    SPALMA wrote:
    That would be a rather large, live hog crossing the road at the beach.

We've seen him before along with his mate and two little babies.

Lots of gators and millions of birds. Have seen bobcats and a panther, whales and a manta ray. That is besides the dolphins and sharks.

have seen the space shuttle atop at 747 gliding right over our heads. (the landing strip was on the other side of the wood that we were in) - it was almost as impressive as the bald eagle hunting a snake.

Our beach is on the other side of a huge wide wildlife refuge bordering kennedy space center. One of the most beautiful beaches I have seen in the world. It is pristine and relatively little used (except for the nude part at the very end).

Pearl Jam just doesn't know what they are missing.

playthesouth

First of all, thanks for clearing that up! You know, it was the Fourth of July, so I was thinking bar-b-que.......

Your beach sounds like an awesome place! We are all missing it SO PLAY IT, PEARL JAM AND SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    If the Pumpkins can do a 9 day residency in Asheville, NC so can Pearl Jam, dammit!!! :D

No shit, how awesome would that be???!!! I saw Johnny Winter there (Orange Peel in Asheville) a few weeks ago and that place is great! The Pumpkins sold out the entire 9 days, too. I really dig Asheville even though I'm a "beach girl" by nature.

COME BACK TO THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEFORE WE'RE ANCIENT!!!!!!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    pathorses wrote:
    First of all, thanks for clearing that up! You know, it was the Fourth of July, so I was thinking bar-b-que.......

Your beach sounds like an awesome place! We are all missing it SO PLAY IT, PEARL JAM AND SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There are truly many awesome places in our beloved South....dudes, you are missing out. :(

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
    Ah, Friday night and we are enjoying, partying and watching "The Last Waltz" little by little... what a fine performance.... wish I had been there.... have no clue why I wasn't.; Mmmm that Levon Helm (always had a thing for him) and such fine organ (thank you Boom for reminding me) and Uncle Neil... he was so young... and fine.

I had forgotten the good of back then, a great reminder... and the clothes, were rich... I wish those tight jeans would come back into fashiona and Van the Man, my first love for 30 years, until PJ came to being.

playthesouthdammit

SPALMA wrote:
    Ah, Friday night and we are enjoying, partying and watching "The Last Waltz" little by little... what a fine performance.... wish I had been there.... have no clue why I wasn't.; Mmmm that Levon Helm (always had a thing for him) and such fine organ (thank you Boom for reminding me) and Uncle Neil... he was so young... and fine.

playthesouthdammit
    The South loves Uncle Neil........what an artist!!!!!

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • pathorses wrote:
    No shit, how awesome would that be???!!! I saw Johnny Winter there (Orange Peel in Asheville) a few weeks ago and that place is great! The Pumpkins sold out the entire 9 days, too. I really dig Asheville even though I'm a "beach girl" by nature.

COME BACK TO THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEFORE WE'RE ANCIENT!!!!!!

I caught the Pumpkins there Sat night and Mogwai back in 05...really nice place! And of course, Asheville is as good as it gets. To see Pearl Jam at the Orange Peel would blow every other concert experience I've had out of the water, I'm sure!!

I like dreaming :p
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • play the south damnit
    4.FOOTSTEPS
    Tampa x 3, West Palm, Kissimmee, Vegas
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
    well, they didn't play in the South today. Tomorrow is another day.
    good night

playthesouth

Get UP! Another beautiful rainy day....

playthesouth