***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    SPALMA wrote:
    There are no dates planned anywhere at this time...and the fact that there are NO rumors is depressing. But what we are waiting for, is to see IF they plan any southern dates WHEN they do go back out on the road. We are here to remind them that they fucking forgot us the last two times.

playthesouth
    I don't think that they forgot us............I believe that they ignored us because of "bad routing".

The South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    tybird wrote:
    I don't think that they forgot us............I believe that they ignored us because of "bad routing".

The South

Yeah, accidently on purpose.

I just got my Gorge CD's - bittersweet - must have been good shows but am not listening to them yet. Am still pissed.

playthesouth and makeafuckingcdofoneofourshows
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:

I just got my Gorge CD's - bittersweet - must have been good shows but am not listening to them yet. Am still pissed.

Hey......that's what I am doing.....I only opened them to make sure that they sent all of the discs......it's been awhile since I listened to any PJ.....pissed, hurt and stung by "bad routing"

The South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Is it very expensive to fly to Chicago for Lollapolooza??

I had to fly to Poland and London to see them this year.

Well worth it!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    no its not expensive to fly to Chicago, infact whe entire trip will probobly cost around $500 with lolla tickets, hotel and airline
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    TheGossman wrote:
    no its not expensive to fly to Chicago, infact whe entire trip will probobly cost around $500 with lolla tickets, hotel and airline

And $500 drinking money!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    Is it very expensive to fly to Chicago for Lollapolooza??

I had to fly to Poland and London to see them this year.

Well worth it!!
    Some of us have no interest in attending a festival simply to see one band....the rest of the line-up does not interest me.

The South
    tybird wrote:
    Some of us have no interest in attending a festival simply to see one band....the rest of the line-up does not interest me.

The South

I hear ya
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    SPALMA wrote:

That is cool i have not purchased a boot leg since they forgot to come anywhere near where we live.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    tybird wrote:

The South

My thoughts exactly.
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    The South
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    As much as look forward to seeing the boys down here again, you have to admit that today is a special day for those in Denmark. Hail, Hail to all of them and those who aren't around to see the bands return.
    Brian
    Good night Happy Danes and everyone else.

playthesouth

• pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    SPALMA wrote:

I didn't order the Gorge CDs because I downloaded the two from last summer when I got home. Yes, I was there and I'm PISSED too, but I swear, if they announced another Gorge gig, I'd be sorely tempted.........Only if they could promise it wouldn't be 115 degrees (or more), though! It was a very memorable time and I'd love to do it again (at about 90 degrees or less) but PLAYING THE SOUTH WOULD BE EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Page 1 Bump. I miss you boys:( Come South Soon
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    pathorses wrote:
    I didn't order the Gorge CDs because I downloaded the two from last summer when I got home. Yes, I was there and I'm PISSED too, but I swear, if they announced another Gorge gig, I'd be sorely tempted.........Only if they could promise it wouldn't be 115 degrees (or more), though! It was a very memorable time and I'd love to do it again (at about 90 degrees or less) but PLAYING THE SOUTH WOULD BE EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!!
    I almost didn't buy it... but am glad I did. My husband and I are going to make an "event" this weekend to premier the playing in our house (sort of a "date" as the kids are going to be gone all weekend :)) party-time.

...but I'm still pissed....

playthegorgeonelesstime and playthesouthforgod'ssake

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
    yeah.

playthesouth

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    p
    l
    e
    a
    s
    e
    !
    !
    !
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    intodeep wrote:
    That is cool i have not purchased a boot leg since they forgot to come anywhere near where we live.

same here :p
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, FloridaFlorida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida, Florida-specifically West Palm Beach for 2 nights would be great!!!

YESS!!!! :D WPB 2 nighter! :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    tybird wrote:
    P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

fn

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

;)
    ;)
    ;);)

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
    Play the South!!!
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • therovertherover Posts: 88
    Have you guys in NC seen these commercials yet? They are flipping hilarious!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BCHuH6hnSyQ
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Still bumpin' and beggin' for some Southern news! WE NEED SOME LOVE DOWN HERE!!!!!! still faithful
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    SPALMA wrote:
    I almost didn't buy it... but am glad I did. My husband and I are going to make an "event" this weekend to premier the playing in our house (sort of a "date" as the kids are going to be gone all weekend :)) party-time.

...but I'm still pissed....

playthegorgeonelesstime and playthesouthforgod'ssake

I'm with ya, sister!!!! Hell, I'd love to do both the Gorge and the South but I'd rather spend my money here. Like you, I now have a son entering college so I don't need the extra expenses!!
    I hope you enjoy your "premier", it was so fucking hot the second day.......
    peace,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10