***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    tybird wrote:
    I did post a similar message....but something like that does tend to get lost in such a large thread....and for the most point, each message was worded differently...but they all essentially said the same thing. In other words, I did not use a "boilerplate" or standardized form letter as the message. Folks who had not posted in a week or so would get a PM with a little background on what exactly is going on in regards to why they are receiving a PM from me. JTR has seen all of the PMs, and he has found them to be acceptable per our agreement.

I could do like Barkingdogs did with the "plant a tree" thing, but I was hoping that the personal touch would be more to everybody's liking.

"Everybody Knows This is Nowhere"

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

So Tybird, have you and Daystar beenplanning any vacation later this year?... perhaps a roadtrip or two? In perhaps August or September or October? Got any plans???
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    SPALMA wrote:
    So Tybird, have you and Daystar beenplanning any vacation later this year?... perhaps a roadtrip or two? In perhaps August or September or October? Got any plans???
    Only plans right now are Wyoming in June.......she won a weekend trip to Chicago (everything paid for & the date is left up to us) at the Heart Association fund-raiser we attended on Saturday.....that said, no, I am not really interested in Lolla. Other than that, we are waiting on possible tour dates for a certain band.

"Everbody Knows This is Nowhere"

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,426
    play the north...............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    tybird wrote:
    Only plans right now are Wyoming in June.......she won a weekend trip to Chicago (everything paid for & the date is left up to us) at the Heart Association fund-raiser we attended on Saturday.....that said, no, I am not really interested in Lolla. Other than that, we are waiting on possible tour dates for a certain band.

"Everbody Knows This is Nowhere"

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Aren't you going to Alaska? I thought I read that.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:
    Aren't you going to Alaska? I thought I read that.
    Change of plans......economics were better if one wanted to cruise Alaska, which we really have not the interest in doing.....we want the mainland with moose, bear, wolves, musk oxen and the greater variety of birds (Snowy Owls!!)...I have done a day cruise out of Seward (millions of seabirds & this was before I was a birder) before, and will do it again when we make up there. Daystar loves the Jackson Hole/Yellowstone area, and I have never been....so that's where we're going.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    tybird wrote:
    Change of plans......economics were better if one wanted to cruise Alaska, which we really have not the interest in doing.....we want the mainland with moose, bear, wolves, musk oxen and the greater variety of birds (Snowy Owls!!)...I have done a day cruise out of Seward (millions of seabirds & this was before I was a birder) before, and will do it again when we make up there. Daystar loves the Jackson Hole/Yellowstone area, and I have never been....so that's where we're going.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

I went to Jackson Hole a few years back. You will love it! It is beautiful.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    I went to Jackson Hole a few years back. You will love it! It is beautiful.
    I'm sure it is.......Daystar brags on it all the time......I am envisioning lots of good chances at birds that I have never seen!!!!:D :cool:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Dino283 wrote:
    yea man they shud totally come and play the south.i aint seen them for year's.but jus dont start on about bush.southerner's dont want to hear mister vedder talkin bull shit abou the goverment all nite.

PLAY THE SOUTH 07

Some of us do...... !

~Play the South sometime~
    SOON!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    play the north...............
    I thought that they were playing just down the street from you :confused:

Everybody Knows This is Nowhere

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    tybird wrote:

~

lol, that was my profile location for a long ass time.....feels that way sometimes doesnt it?
    SPALMA wrote:
    JTR - you are KILLING US!! :)

Yeah JTR - now that you've established credibility with the whole freaking thread just about, you KNOW we are wanting, no needing, a couple of crumbs of information. Maybe like the first letter of every city on the tour? That won't really tell us anything but will certainly give us something to occupy ourselves with!!

And THANKS by the way for being here for us! You rock!

SOON!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    Twofer Tuesday..... :)

SOON!!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Eating a damn good turkey bagel fron einstein bros. and bumping it up baby!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    still thinking there is a chance that today is the day.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    and a twofer Tuesday should put us back on top where we belong.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    I'm throwing in another one...we need a nice quick boost to 9,000 here!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    Doh!!! Forgot about Two for Tuesday!!!!

"Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere"

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    May we hit 8900 posts sometime today!! :cool:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    tybird wrote:
    May we hit 8900 posts sometime today!! :cool:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Just 54 more to go....
    Dino283 wrote:
    yea man they shud totally come and play the south.i aint seen them for year's.but jus dont start on about bush.southerner's dont want to hear mister vedder talkin bull shit abou the goverment all nite.

PLAY THE SOUTH 07

"LET'S IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT FOR LYING"

PLAY THE SOUTH 07!!!
    twofer tuesday bump
  • NewmanUSPSNewmanUSPS Posts: 243
    Work Sucks....Play the South
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
    There is always hope.....

Everybody knows this is nowhere.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    lukin321 wrote:
    Just 54 more to go....
    The number grows smaller........:D

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • NewmanUSPSNewmanUSPS Posts: 243
    And it's a perfect day for an outdoor show here in Florida.... screw it, I'm blowing off the rest of this workday, leaving the cubicle and playing golf.
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
    NewmanUSPS wrote:
    And it's a perfect day for an outdoor show here in Florida.... screw it, I'm blowing off the rest of this workday, leaving the cubicle and playing golf.

Hell yea! I'm busting out early today too. You're from Winter Springs huh? I used to work at a Walgreens there part time while I was at UCF...good times
    NewmanUSPS wrote:
    Have a ball................

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Double shot on "Two for Tuesday"

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    lukin321 wrote:
    Hell yea! I'm busting out early today too. You're from Winter Springs huh? I used to work at a Walgreens there part time while I was at UCF...good times

Now that is a good idea. It is a perfect day outside.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Now that is a good idea. It is a perfect day outside.

..but too much work to do.

Come on good news!

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18