• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

one step closer to 7900 posts.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

...on the cusp, I say, on the cusp of 7900 posts...........Two for Tuesday
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Flagg wrote:
    That is cool! I didn't know you could do that.

Here are the Top 20 Contributors to this thread with their number of posts:

tybird 1,438
    weenie 507
    SPALMA 470
    NCBRI 379
    dangerboy 371
    Dollpartz 334
    stoneg 318
    holleroxx 235
    Pearl_Juli 167
    yield2me 155
    Flagg 154
    MakingWaves 144
    BarkingDogs 133
    mwachsman 116
    gardenlover 104
    LeatherMandi 101
    BeBe 95
    red mos 76
    TheGossman 76
    intodeep 65

IF there is news soon and
    IF PJ plays Phillips in Atlanta:

don't make your hotel reservations just yet....
    If you're not up for spending $200 - $300 bucks to stay in downtown ATL, I know of two moderately priced hotels near me that are close to MARTA. AND, maybe we could have a meet-up if anyone is so inclined.~~~~

One of the hotels I'm thinking of is next door to a starbucks, pizza, japanese food, a liquor store, a grocery store etc and couldn't be more convenient. The MARTA trip would cost $2.50 and drops you off right at Phillips Arena and you can park at the MARTA station for free. WAY better than fighting the traffic downtown and paying $20 to park. You're are also welcome to bring a sleeping bag and sleep on my floor. :)

In return, I'd like any info anybody has on hotels in Tampa, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Charlotte and/or Raleigh......

I guess I'm letting myself get excited over what JTR had to say, even though I'm telling myself that I'm not..... and I was thinking about what Dollpartz said about meeting up.

So when there's an announcement, PM me and I'll give you all the info on the hotels and MARTA. Driving around downtown ATL could take you two hours just to get to the venue and park....

I'd love to meet up!!
    weenie
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    weenie wrote:

If you're not up for spending $200 - $300 bucks to stay in downtown ATL, I know of two moderately priced hotels near me that are close to MARTA. AND, maybe we could have a meet-up if anyone is so inclined.~~~~

One of the hotels I'm thinking of is next door to a starbucks, pizza, japanese food, a liquor store, a grocery store etc and couldn't be more convenient. The MARTA trip would cost $2.50 and drops you off right at Phillips Arena and you can park at the MARTA station for free. WAY better than fighting the traffic downtown and paying $20 to park. You're are also welcome to bring a sleeping bag and sleep on my floor. :)

In return, I'd like any info anybody has on hotels in Tampa, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Charlotte and/or Raleigh......

I guess I'm letting myself get excited over what JTR had to say, even though I'm telling myself that I'm not..... and I was thinking about what Dollpartz said about meeting up.

So when there's an announcement, PM me and I'll give you all the info on the hotels and MARTA. Driving around downtown ATL could take you two hours just to get to the venue and park....

I'd love to meet up!!
    weenie

I would love to do this. Would make a great show even better.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • At this point I'll take anything we can get, but I still have my fingers crossed for HIFi instead of Phillips. I just have not been impressed by the place. But either way, I will drive 3/4 of the way and take MARTA. Apparently its SMARTA ;) Seriously tho, it beats the hell outta sitting in 2 hr traffic trying to leave a venue. Wouldn't do it any other way. And thats awesome that you are willing to help so much! If theres anything I can do, lemme know!
    Watched a pair of Mockingbirds doing a little dance on the lawn at school this A.m. I guess Spring really is in the air.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Blowing by 7900 posts like it was nothing................zooooom

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Again I logged on and we were on top of the pile. It's a nice feeling.

bump.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Double it up.........Two for Tuesday

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    At this point I'll take anything we can get, but I still have my fingers crossed for HIFi instead of Phillips. I just have not been impressed by the place. But either way, I will drive 3/4 of the way and take MARTA. Apparently its SMARTA ;) Seriously tho, it beats the hell outta sitting in 2 hr traffic trying to leave a venue. Wouldn't do it any other way. And thats awesome that you are willing to help so much! If theres anything I can do, lemme know!

I might take you up on that - it would be fun to get together. I don't like Phillips either and actually prefer Gwinnett over Phillips for an enclosed venue. I'm thinking that Hi Fi Buys might be too small...?
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • weenie wrote:

weenie

Sounds like a great idea to me!
    Thanks!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    Hmm.... they're keeping the message load small on the board today. Wonder if that has any significance.....

~Play the South sometime~
    SOON!!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    so nice to see the negative posts were wiped clean.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    twofer tuesday bump for the cause
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    my 2nd bump today.Shout out to my southern girls Dollpartz and LeatherMandi
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    weenie wrote:
    Hmm.... they're keeping the message load small on the board today. Wonder if that has any significance.....

SOON!!!

How do they keep the message load small?

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    BAM!!! Two for Tuesday

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • play the south has been posted on pjs myspace...some girl... just thought i would let you know.......... excitement is spreading.....
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Official home from work early and getting some stuff done at home on a Two Fer Tuesday/Hockey Night in Carolina.

PLAY THE SOUTH................WHILE WE'RE YOUNG
    Brian
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    And to finish out the double shot............A PSA from the coolest character on TV to share my name:

BrianFamilyGuy.JPG
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    And to finish out the double shot............A PSA from the coolest character on TV to share my name:

BrianFamilyGuy.JPG

very cool.

SPALMA wrote:
    How do they keep the message load small?

If you ever look at the bottom at the number of pages, rarely are there less than five or six, however, at times when I've been on the board for long periods of time I've noticed that all of a sudden, the pages will go to 2 or 3. It seems that periodically they (the mods) go thru and wipe out threads that haven't been active for a while, but still showing up on the last few pages - like Euro threads that are left over from their peak night activity. I notice it happening before lunchtime EST - like when they are getting into the office in Seattle - and at other times as well. I know it's not my imagination because I've seen it happen right before my eyes. I guess it's their way of keeping the bandwidth available for more current stuff. It's how our thread falls off the pages...and you have to go back to your subcribed threads list and activate it again.

Hope my explanation makes sense - I'm not very technology oriented... :)
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Double shot................

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i dont see how my post average is 3.10 a day...

i do just that here :D

thank god for net at work!
  • Ok so its been a few weeks since I hit this thread.

Good Lord I am hoping for a Pearl Jam show in dallas/Fort Worth or anywhere else closer than Denver soemtime in July - Dec.

Peace and love to you all.
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Ok so its been a few weeks since I hit this thread.

Good Lord I am hoping for a Pearl Jam show in dallas/Fort Worth or anywhere else closer than Denver soemtime in July - Dec.

Peace and love to you all.

Me too!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011