[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y TREES
    [[[[[[[[

DO WHAT?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bump to the top of the page

PLAY THE SOUTH
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Back from dinner and some quick shopping.....had Best Buy Rewards Dollars to spend

Let us go forth and plant some trees

Pearl Jam, please grace us with your presence.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Picked up some great looking dvds........Blind Faith "Live", U2 "ZooTV" and the Genesis video collection.

It's still "Two for Tuesday"

We still love Trees

and we still love Pearl Jam
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Play in Missouri, some place....St Louis, KC
    " Well, we drove by a few other names and decided to keep moving until we could find one that we could make ourselves at home in. And it was...I think the name's open to interpretation...even though the real story is the fact that my great grandma was married to an indian chief and... Actually I don't know if he was a chief... Yeah, actually he was demoted. He was a chief for a while and then... When he moved into like white society, he was no longer ordained...but they also...like the ultimate combining of their cultures was the fact that like my great grandma made this jam that was passed down for generations but then she added his end of it by adding, like peyote and hallucenogenics and it was this kind of hallucenogenic jam..."-EV

Back for some more "Two for Tuesday" action..........

Planting trees=a great idea

Pearl Jam touring the South=another great idea
    and the back end makes two.

Trees
    Pearl Jam
    The South
    Our message
    Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended .)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE!

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Just got 10 more trees! Please come play the South! It's not as hot as you would think, not with all the new shady trees! We miss you! Come to Florida!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    Hey.........we may even have a "fall" this year down South. Hopefully, the trees help.

Trees=CO2 offset=lots of new habitat for many animals

Pearl Jam, please play the South
    and how could I forget my double shot????

Trees, trees, trees, trees, trees, trees, trees, trees, trees, trees

Pearl Jam.........we love y'all down here!!!!!
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    ok, I got my first tree.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    Dollpartz wrote:
    And one more thing....Bebe and Stoneg....everything still on for the 21st?
    Yes, we are still set for the 21st.I will update as it gets closer.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Good morning, my faithful comrades............keep hope alive.

Giving life to trees.....

in hope that the live music of Pearl Jam will fill our souls.
  • post lab bump
    lunchtime bump
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    good morning bump
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Anxious for some news bump.

Please play the South.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Back from counting migrating birds....some more volunteer environmentalism taking place in the South.

Trees rule

Pearl Jam playing the South would also rule!!!!
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Been anxious, over-anxious, deflated, anxious now again....

BUMP -
    PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!

And tell us about it soon.......... !!!!!!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    Hold your head up.......peoples..........it ain't over, till it's over.

Trees for the future.

Pearl Jam in the South for the now.
  • Bump it up! I gotta get plantin'...trees are gooooooood. Play the South.
    "It's not the world that's heavy, just the things that you save"
    "No time to be void or save up on life, oh you got to spend it all"
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    weenie wrote:
    Been anxious, over-anxious, deflated, anxious now again....

BUMP -
    PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!

And tell us about it soon.......... !!!!!!!!

I am in the same boat. Was feeling deflated but now you got me anxious again.
    Please play the South.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    stoneg wrote:
    Yes, we are still set for the 21st.I will update as it gets closer.

awesome, can't wait to meet everyone, should be a great nite!
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    DO WHAT?

If you are using IE it looks something like this (just substitute the word "TREES" for Pear Jam: http://pages.prodigy.net/ncbri/_images/IEvsFirefox.JPG

If you are using a browser such as Firefox then it looks like a bunch of garbage. Apparently Firefox doesn't translate the font I used.

This question keeps coming up so maybe I should post in a more PC and less picturesque font from now on.
    Brian
    Play The South!
    Back from the comic shop..........new books on Wednesday. Yeah!!!!

Trees as far as the eye can see........

Pearl Jam in our land.........please
    yummy............. just enjoyed an excellant supper prepared by my beautiful wife and a fine ice wine.......imported all the way from Washington state....boy, I'm hoping for another Washington state export to hit the South........and soon.

Grapes don't grow on trees.....but trees are still most excellant.

Hopefully, Pearl Jam does play in the South.
    Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended .)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE!

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!
    Here's to the end of another 9+ hour work day......PLEASE play the south, I need you!!!! I'm dyin' over here!