that fucking john mellancamp song

2»

Comments

• yeah i hated it when i first heard it and then really hated it when he performed it live in the World series

doesn't help either after what he said about Pearl Jam in a recent interview

he's a tool

Whatd he say?
  • From the theonion.com

INDIANAPOLIS—The high quality and enduring value of the new 2007 Honda Accord has inspired roots-rock veteran John Mellencamp to write a stirring hymn about the working-class nation of Japan. "Oh, you noble land of the rising sun/Where discipline and duty are still number one," Mellencamp sings in the video for "Buddha On The Highway," in which he is seen playing his guitar on the hood of a bright orange Accord parked in a terraced rice paddy. "There's a place in Nihon for me and you/I was born in Hokkaido and I'll die there, too." Mellencamp has reportedly begun work on a follow-up song telling the story of Hideo and Mariko, two Okinawan kids doing the best they can, who lose their jobs when Honda closes down the local plant and moves operations to Marysville, OH
    NERDS!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    From the theonion.com

INDIANAPOLIS—The high quality and enduring value of the new 2007 Honda Accord has inspired roots-rock veteran John Mellencamp to write a stirring hymn about the working-class nation of Japan. "Oh, you noble land of the rising sun/Where discipline and duty are still number one," Mellencamp sings in the video for "Buddha On The Highway," in which he is seen playing his guitar on the hood of a bright orange Accord parked in a terraced rice paddy. "There's a place in Nihon for me and you/I was born in Hokkaido and I'll die there, too." Mellencamp has reportedly begun work on a follow-up song telling the story of Hideo and Mariko, two Okinawan kids doing the best they can, who lose their jobs when Honda closes down the local plant and moves operations to Marysville, OH

this is funny!
  • This commercial is stupid. I cant wait for the competing F-150 commercial. They will probably have a man hanging and show the police beating down fags at the gay parade.

Hope the rednecks enjoy their new truck. I'm sure they will feel like real MEN sitting high in their real AMERICAN truck.

(Crotch grab- lets out a grunt)
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • mellencamp wrote a hell of a lotta great songs

he can do whateva he f'n wants to. he's earned that respect from me

as far as the commercial being overplayed...well i dont think thats entirely his fault...blame it on bob seger ;)
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    wak5700 wrote:
    its so funny. its probably one of the worst things ive ever seen. its so horribly racist notice how no miniorities are in it and we hear this is our country over and over. This is our truck.

The republicans do this same song and dance on their campaign commercials...
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I just saw the commercial. Holy shit is that bad. I guess since I don't live in middle America, work with my hands and wear a cowboy hat I can't own a Chevy.