Options

Subway System

2»

Comments

• Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    As a non-New Yorker, I tend to ride the subway like it's a ride at fucking Disneyland.

you mean I can go anywhere I want for a buck fifty? Anywhere? really?

That shit fascinates me.

Fuck all you spoiled New Yorkers who don't realize how great that is. :)

LMAO, that reminds me of the '96 Randall's Island shows. I was driving a bunch of PJ fans around Manhattan and they said being in a car with me in NYC was like a thrill ride at an amusement park, you're scared out of your wits but deep down you know you'll be okay.

I come from a long line of New York cabbies, including my Mom. :) Skills you just can't pick up anywhere else.

Hit the lottery by being born in NYC,
    KJ
  • Options
    GushfestGushfest Posts: 56
    in addition to hopstop.com as a really useful tool, i would also strongly recommend a google map hack that has the subway system on it:

http://www.onnyturf.com/subway/
    Stage College 03, Philly 05, Camden 06, Los Angeles 06, Los Angeles 07 (Ed solo w/ Flea and Jack Irons), MSG I & II 08, Beacon 08, Ed NYC II
  • Options
    mmmm I love cheesesteaks. I've been to philly a few times, and Geno's was the best!
    Genos is far from the best, check out the list one of the hosts at the radio station is putting together right now dude has eaten cheesesteaks from all over since mid feb:
    http://www.610wip.com/pages/351421.php
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    As a non-New Yorker, I tend to ride the subway like it's a ride at fucking Disneyland.

That shit fascinates me.

I live in upstate, and I totally agree with you - it is awesome. You do get where you have this expectation when you go elsewhere and then it falls short - went to Mountainview for Download last year and found getting around much more cumbersome.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Yeah I am well-versed in the subway havin been down there a million times with my buddies, and ya can't do wrong goin that route for the show. it's 24/7 and cheap. when i plan on moving down to NYC in 2009, pending I can land a job there, I plan on ditching my car and basically eliminating three huge costs of insurance, car payments, and gas. Not to mention the fact that parking is outreagous there.

This is so key, let me tell you. I moved to NYC 4 years ago, sold my car and got a monthly subway pass for $74. You can use it anytime on the subways and the buses. Think about how cheap that is for a MONTH! You probably spend that on gas for your car in a week.

They just rose the price to $81 or something like that and all these people were bitching about it, I think that's a joke. I would spend $100+ for the card and it would still be worth it. I almost never take a cab unless I'm REALLY far away from my apt or coming off the train with a ton of shit.

The moral of this story is that the NYC Subway rules......especially the A,C,E Line. Word.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I was just wondering how the subway works after the show is over. I heard usually the public transit system shuts down after 11pm and was curious if this was true even when there is an event at MSG that isnt over till midnightish. Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

curfew at the garden is 11, well its not really a curfew, but the contractual times the shows are to end in most cases.

unless they pay extra again
  • Options

That shit fascinates me.

That is so true. the T isnt as goos as NY public transit, but I love going from one end to the other for 26.00 a month. (Work subsidizes the rest) I mean I can go from my apartment to the airport for free.

That and the view on the red line across the charles is awesome.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    What about if we want to get back to JFK after the show is over.....is that still possible??

A train - downtown
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life