Options

Death Cab

2»

Comments

• Options
    I saw DCFC open for PJ and liked them well enough, but never followed up on it and basically forgot about them. I do understand why some labeled them as "boring live" but at the same time I disagree. They arent emo though. dont expect to hear the singer screaming and crying about some girl ripping his heart out and not answering his emails or anything.

Anyways, a year or so after that show I starting dating a girl who was into them. So i borrowed Transatlanticism. Great record! To me it is one that everyone should own. Great songwriting, great lyrics. Plans has some great songs but is a little overproduced for me. Narrow Stairs is awesome too, definately a step in the right direction. Give them a chance at the very least, I would recommend starting with Trans....

Thats my 2 cents.
    I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.

Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    moses562 wrote:
    Transatlanticism, ditto.

Also, check out The Postal Service. It's the lead singers side project. I think before Death Cab was formed... don't quote me on that.

Death Cab formed way before the Postal Service side project. Nevertheless, it's great. electronic though so it's alot different.

to the OP, if you're interested in trying out Death Cab, start with Transatlanticism. It was their cross over album from low fi indie to mainstream indie. it's got a little of both.

i prefer everything before that (we have the facts and we're voting yes is my favorite album by them) to the 2 after that (plans and narrow stairs).

i saw them twice at small clubs and they were great. then i saw them in a bigger ampitheatre (the mann in philly) this past summer and was not impressed. their music just doesn't work in an environment like that.

i think they're in a weird spot though b/c their fans are getting YOUNGER. so it's tough to play 21+ clubs. there were alot of young people at the mann...like parents driving them to the concert and hanging out in the concourse - young.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,951
    I just bought tickets to see Death Cab next Monday.  I've been a very casual fan...liked what I hear on the radio but haven't bought albums.

Pretty mellow but I like it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,951
    Great show....no Death Cab fans here?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville