Days Of The New

2»

Comments

• JOHNNY VS.JOHNNY VS. Posts: 39
    Days of the News' first disc is quite good, although it sure shows Alice In Chains as an "inspiration". Meeks was really good singing The End with the surviving Doors on that Storytellers' episode about 6 years ago. Never heard anything he did after that first one, though I loved The Down Town-great little tune!
  • Inkdaub wrote:
    First record is pretty good but the second one is pretty bad. I hear Meeks is a meth head and that's why the others in the band left to form Tantric. Still, the first record is a good acoustic rock record.
    He's gotten clean....Intervention on A&E....his family and girlfriend got together and gave him a choice: get clean or you're on your own.

I heard the others were kicked out by Travis. That's what they were saying on Intervention. I don't remember why he did, but it had to do with his addiction. That shit messes you up BAD.
    "and he still gives his love, he just gives it away and the love he receives is the love that is saved,..."
  • MLC2006 wrote:
    the only song I've heard is the one that goes, "I finally found a reason, I don't need an excuse.....", but please don't tell me this doesn't sound like an AIC song, because it DOES. as far as the other songs, I don't know. but that song absolutely sounds like an AIC ripoff.
    That would be Touch, Peel and Stand. But I really like Man in the Box and a couple of other AIC songs and I really don't hear any similarities...certainly not enough to say TPS sounds like an AIC song. I never connected either band to the other, not like Creed and Pearl Jam (I thought My Own Prison was PJ at first). This is the first I've ever heard/seen a comparison. I'm not going to tell you it doesn't sound like an AIC song; I'll just tell you that in my opinion it doesn't.
    "and he still gives his love, he just gives it away and the love he receives is the love that is saved,..."
  • OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    sorry your thread didn't come up when i searched the forum.
    anyway, i think they're really good, i'm actually listening to their first album now.
    i can't say i was too surprised to learn that travis is a drug addict, but even so he's a really great musician
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
  • SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    actually sometime in the future he is releasing a new album, its the purple album
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    He's gotten clean....Intervention on A&E....his family and girlfriend got together and gave him a choice: get clean or you're on your own.

I heard the others were kicked out by Travis. That's what they were saying on Intervention. I don't remember why he did, but it had to do with his addiction. That shit messes you up BAD.

No doubt. That's good he cleaned up. Hopefully it sticks.
  • Inkdaub wrote:
    No doubt. That's good he cleaned up. Hopefully it sticks.
    I'm hoping that too. I would be nice. On Intervention he was just a crabby jerk, but I knew that was more the meth than him.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    The first album is one of my favorite albums, but for some reason I never got around to getting anything else by them. I downloaded something labled b-sides, but never really listened much, and didn't like it nearly as much as the that first album.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Creed 2

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    brainofPJ wrote:
    Creed 2

Harsh.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    brainofPJ wrote:
    Creed 2

bullshit
    why the hell are there some people on this board who feel the need to compare every band with a vocallist who has a deep voice to creed, i'm sick of that shit
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

• Me and a friend recently discovered this band, I'd never heard of them...

Any other fans out there???

Oh yeah Great band !!! The orange album is one of my favorites ! Still wainting for their new album "purple"
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Omarama wrote:
    bullshit
    why the hell are there some people on this board who feel the need to compare every band with a vocallist who has a deep voice to creed, i'm sick of that shit

hardly ever do i compare bands...

both were big at around the same time, roughly around my seniour yr...

and NO ONE could tell the difference when one or the other came on the radio...it's not just about the voice

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Their first album was pretty good. I don't think I've listened to them since.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Omarama wrote:
    bullshit

LOL! :D There were deep voices in music LONG before Creed ever came along!
    brainofPJ wrote:

and NO ONE could tell the difference when one or the other came on the radio...it's not just about the voice
    I recall Days of the New being big in Canada towards the end of 1997. The first I heard of Creed was the spring of 1998 when they started playing My Own Prison on the radio. I thought it was Pearl Jam; in my opinion Scott Stapp (L!) tries just a little too hard to make himself sound like Eddie. No one I knew ever confused Days of the New and Creed. I don't think they sound even remotely alike. Though after some thought I can see how some would compare Days of the New to Alice in Chains. I wouldn't say one would ever be confused for the other, but some comparison, yes.
    brainofPJ wrote:
    hardly ever do i compare bands...

well i respect your opinion even if i don't agree with it, Days of the New do NOT sound like creed.
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

LOL! :D There were deep voices in music LONG before Creed ever came along!

I recall Days of the New being big in Canada towards the end of 1997. The first I heard of Creed was the spring of 1998 when they started playing My Own Prison on the radio. I thought it was Pearl Jam; in my opinion Scott Stapp (L!) tries just a little too hard to make himself sound like Eddie. No one I knew ever confused Days of the New and Creed. I don't think they sound even remotely alike. Though after some thought I can see how some would compare Days of the New to Alice in Chains. I wouldn't say one would ever be confused for the other, but some comparison, yes.

yeah i think DOTN were influenced by Alice in Chains in their early days
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

• Omarama wrote:
    yeah i think DOTN were influenced by Alice in Chains in their early days
    Definitely a possibility. But they couldn't possibly be "Creed 2" since Days released several months before Creed. ;)

I just noticed.... I'm an Animal now!! :D
    Definitely a possibility. But they couldn't possibly be "Creed 2" since Days released several months before Creed. ;)

I just noticed.... I'm an Animal now!! :D

EXACTLY! sorry brain of pj but thats one thing that really pisses me off, didn't mean to jump down your throat about it though
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

• GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,140
    i love days of the new...my buddy was actually really good friend's with the guitarist of days of the new, they went to the same high school

Tell him to tell that guitarrist that here in Chile they can play whenever they want and they are going to have a blast of a crowd, we love Days of the New, seriously.
    Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
  • GhostChile wrote:
    Tell him to tell that guitarrist that here in Chile they can play whenever they want and they are going to have a blast of a crowd, we love Days of the New, seriously.
    There is no more Days of the New. It's just Travis Meeks now.