Days Of The New

jack_bass_playerjack_bass_player Posts: 1,126
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Me and a friend recently discovered this band, I'd never heard of them...

Any other fans out there???
2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
2007 - London
2009 - London, Manchester, London
2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
2011 - Alpine Valley x2
2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    i dig them i have all there stuff
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • HeelixxHeelixx Posts: 11
    Shit yeah.
    The process of belief is an elixir when you're weak. I must confess at times I indulge it on the sneak. But generally my outlook's not so bleak.
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    only heard their first album, it came out in 1998 I think... some really good shit right there
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • they were pretty good but chose to market themselves with the wrong crowd.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427

they had a couple of hit songs when i was college back in like 99 or so. But, havent heard much from em since. wonder what they sound like now?
  • The Singer fired the band, i heard, which they reformed under the name Tantric and released one album a few years back, after that they dissapeared.
    i hera Days of the new is still around, but due to drug addictions aint going nowhere
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Their first cd (the Yellow one) is fantastic. I haven't heard much else other than a couple tracks off the 2nd disc. Good band IMO.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    The first one is awesome but Green (II) is amazing....red (III) is really good too tho
  • Green and Red are ten times better. Days of the New isn't a band. It's Travis Meeks alone.

He has written literally 99.9% of everything. He used Days of the New because his record company at the time wanted people to think it was a band and not just one single songwriter.

Travis is an amazing guy and incredibly gifted, just gotta get off the drugs. I encourage people to come over to daysofthenew.com and start posting. Travis has just recently been sober and he's starting to play gigs again.
  • bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 149

touch peel and stand...their 1st album had so much promise...then i never heard from them again...love that CD!!!!!
  • Got a whole tour lined up. Last year he almost signed with Rick Rubin's label. Let's see what happens after this year and touring.
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    The Singer fired the band, i heard, which they reformed under the name Tantric and released one album a few years back, after that they dissapeared.
    i hera Days of the new is still around, but due to drug addictions aint going nowhere

Tantric has two albums...but the second one failed to procduce anything...so they're kinda fading now.

I think Meeks is just like Scott Weiland, very talented, but just can't stay on the wagon long enough to get his shit together.
    "It's all happening"
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Good albums. The first one is great. The Red album is strong too.

This guy Meeks also tried out for the spot Weiland eventually won in Velvet Revolver
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Tantric has two albums...but the second one failed to procduce anything...so they're kinda fading now.

I think Meeks is just like Scott Weiland, very talented, but just can't stay on the wagon long enough to get his shit together.

two albums? that might be why i never haeard from them again, didnt even know they had a second album, i have the first one, i dont even think it went on sale here
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    A couple of things... Days of the New did market themselves with a bad crowd unfortunately. The green album was AMAZING. The song to song transitions made the album flow immensely. The yellow disc was great too! Not a fan of the red disc, but the 2nd (Green) was by far my fav.

Second, Meeks WON the spot for Velvet Revolver, but then he was in rehab too much to be in the band so they kicked him out... enter Scott Weiland.

One band that was very underrated. Sad it happened that way.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Travis Meeks was on an episode of Intervention on A&E (arts and entertainment). He had a serious crystal meth addiction. I'm glad he's back!
    "and he still gives his love, he just gives it away and the love he receives is the love that is saved,..."
  • Edge34Edge34 Posts: 233
    Really liked the Yellow album. The Green and Red are good also but, Yellow was awesome.
  • DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    NickyNooch wrote:
    A couple of things... Days of the New did market themselves with a bad crowd unfortunately. The green album was AMAZING. The song to song transitions made the album flow immensely. The yellow disc was great too! Not a fan of the red disc, but the 2nd (Green) was by far my fav.

Second, Meeks WON the spot for Velvet Revolver, but then he was in rehab too much to be in the band so they kicked him out... enter Scott Weiland.

One band that was very underrated. Sad it happened that way.

LOL smart choice bailing on a guy for beng in rehab to much and replacing him with Scot Weiland.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Suprised everyone here is prasing this band, there ok some good songs but to me they were always Alice in Chain wannabes.
  • cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    The Singer fired the band, i heard, which they reformed under the name Tantric and released one album a few years back, after that they dissapeared.

Tantric is still around. They have two albums out and will be releasing their third one out this year. They put on a hell of a live show. I encourage everyone to give it a listen. The last show I saw of their's, Todd (lead guitarist), ripped one hell of a cover called JUNKHEAD, by none other that ALICE IN CHAINS. He nailed it. After the show, I had the pleasure to check out their tour bus and smoke a little green bud. Seriously folks, you should check out Tantric!!!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Suprised everyone here is prasing this band, there ok some good songs but to me they were always Alice in Chain wannabes.

It's not a band for one, so no use comparing them to AIC. Second- Travis wrote most of those songs at 16 years old and they honestly aren't even close to AIC. Travis has an incredible voice and the Green and Red albums are incredible. I wouldn't sell his talent short.
  • DieasGrey wrote:
    LOL smart choice bailing on a guy for beng in rehab to much and replacing him with Scott Weiland.
    Yeah, pretty ironic isn't it....
    "and he still gives his love, he just gives it away and the love he receives is the love that is saved,..."
  • DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124

It technically was really just the singer but the record label wanted them to promote themselves like a band. Travis Meeks wrote everything.

Tantric released 2 cds.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    i love days of the new...my buddy was actually really good friend's with the guitarist of days of the new, they went to the same high school
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    First record is pretty good but the second one is pretty bad. I hear Meeks is a meth head and that's why the others in the band left to form Tantric. Still, the first record is a good acoustic rock record.
  • cubbieblue82cubbieblue82 Posts: 292
    Suprised everyone here is prasing this band, there ok some good songs but to me they were always Alice in Chain wannabes.

That's what I thought when all I had heard was the first album but their other 2 are totally different. I like their 2nd and 3rd album a lot more than the first one.

I would like to see Travis rebound, and put out some new material!
    Obama/Biden '08!!!
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619

they sound nothing like AIC. just because i guy has a deep voice doesnt mean he is a vedder or staley wannabe.

I love his voice and lyrics and the fact that he only uses acoustic guitars...the sound is incredible. check out the 2nd album, amazing stuff. also, if you collect live shows, they were playing a cover of "The End" during the tour for the second album which was awesome.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    "shelf in the room'
    "downtown"
    are great songs....actually I really like them:)
    Good call:D
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • glad to see so much love for days of the new. :D

me and my friend are the only ones that know of them, NOBODY else I know in manchester uk has ever heard of them :(

but im not bothered cos i love them!!

my fave song is probably the down town
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    the only song I've heard is the one that goes, "I finally found a reason, I don't need an excuse.....", but please don't tell me this doesn't sound like an AIC song, because it DOES. as far as the other songs, I don't know. but that song absolutely sounds like an AIC ripoff.