they're back!!

2»

Comments

• sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    Zwan sounded like Pumpkins on happy pills to me. And the solo record sounded like crappy demos for the Adore record. Billy has such a distinctive voice that he could write songs on a damn lute and still sound like the Pumpkins.

James contributed to some greate songs (name Mayonaise, the greatest pumpkins song ever, in my opinion). But Darcy was expendable.

I am glad their back, although I must reiterate he looks like a fucking idiot in that outfit. When I saw him on the Zwan tour I was so thankful he just had on a pants and shirt... now he is back to the stupid costumes again.

And I really don't know why I care so much, maybe its just distracting to think that I am going to have to stare at him for 2 shows and I won't be able to stop thinking about how stupid he looks.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Sorry about the snappy response :o And your post wasn't even that bad. I think other peoples' ragging on Corgan about calling it the smashing pumpkins w/o james or d'arcy got to me. It all boiled over so to speak :)

It is sad though. I along w/ all pumpkins fans were hoping for a full reunion. The band still going to kick ass though. Sorry again ;)

No big deal bud, just didn't want you thinking I was trying to be a dick. Everyone has there own opinion. It's all music, it's all good.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Zwan sounded like Pumpkins on happy pills to me. And the solo record sounded like crappy demos for the Adore record. Billy has such a distinctive voice that he write songs on a damn lute and still sound like the Pumpkins.

James contributed to some greate songs (name Mayonaise, the greatest pumpkins song ever, in my opinion). But Darcy was expendable.

I am glad their back, although I must reiterate he looks like a fucking idiot in that outfit. When I saw him on the Zwan tour I was so thankful he just had on a pants and shirt... now he is back to the stupid costumes again.

And I really don't know why I care so much, maybe its just distracting to think that I am going to have to stare at him for 2 shows and I won't be able to stop thinking about how stupid he looks.

Mayonaise = classic Period!

Hummer to me is amazing also. Used to cover that back in the day, man that was always fun.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • western pearlwestern pearl Posts: 632
    No big deal bud, just didn't want you thinking I was trying to be a dick. Everyone has there own opinion. It's all music, it's all good.

Indeed it is :D
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • I saw them a few years back and although they are such a great band, mechanically, the show was SO boring! The audience were just stood there. Billy Corgan noted this and kept, well not insulting us but making remarks as to what a crap show it was. I don't know what happened.
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    I saw them a few years back and although they are such a great band, mechanically, the show was SO boring! The audience were just stood there. Billy Corgan noted this and kept, well not insulting us but making remarks as to what a crap show it was. I don't know what happened.
    he'll be happy in glasgow then!:) always better crowds up north!
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • duggro wrote:
    he'll be happy in glasgow then!:) always better crowds up north!

I don't know what was going on. Everybody was just standing there (including me). Poor guys/girls. Melissa Auf Der Maur was playing at the time.
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    I don't know what was going on. Everybody was just standing there (including me). Poor guys/girls. Melissa Auf Der Maur was playing at the time.
    thats mad, wonder if the gig on tuesday was any good in london. i imagine it owned

mmmmm im just happy i get to see them with ginger

she is epicly hot!
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • duggro wrote:
    thats mad, wonder if the gig on tuesday was any good in london. i imagine it owned

mmmmm im just happy i get to see them with ginger

she is epicly hot!

I'm sure it was great. I think they just had a bad evening, that's all
  • letmedrownletmedrown Posts: 15
    I'm sure it was great. I think they just had a bad evening, that's all

I tell you now, it was God damn amazing. 3 Hours of classic greatness. saw Pearl Jam the day before but the Pumpkins blew them away.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    To everyone who says the new Pumpkins suck...

First of all, Billy did all of Siamese Dream on his own, except Jimmy played drums. Therefore the "new" Pumpkins have EVERYTHING they possibly need.

I will admit, James Iha was a pretty good guitarist, wrote a few good songs with the Pumpkins, but nothing spectacular. In other words, Billy Corgan could wipe his ass with James Iha. Jeff seems to be doing just fine filling in.

D'arcy...um...crack addict...enough said...Ginger is hotter anyway...

Tarantula and Doomsday Clock are some of the best songs I've ever heard from the Smashing Pumpkins. As I've said before, Zeitgeist will be at war with Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie for the best of the Pumpkins albums...

And just for the record...Zwan kicked ass!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    Why didn't he just call Zwan, The Smashing Pumpkins?

yes ...
    can you be an even bigger idiot?
    this topic was hot 3 months ago ...
    darcy is doing drugs, james is running his label
    and billy + jimmy are the only ones that matter...
    fuck...delete thread
    i love rock chicks
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    I saw them a few years back and although they are such a great band, mechanically, the show was SO boring! The audience were just stood there. Billy Corgan noted this and kept, well not insulting us but making remarks as to what a crap show it was. I don't know what happened.

well i guess you have to be as good as kaiser chiefs, libertines or even artic monkeys to please such a intelecual UK crowd
    and yes ...with that post
    you became a legend in your one time
    i love rock chicks