2007 - London
2009 - London, Manchester, London
2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
2011 - Alpine Valley x2
2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    its just like the new Guns and Roses... 2 original members and a backup band....
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • jack_bass_playerjack_bass_player Posts: 1,126
    8 mins!

i'm surprised it took even that long for someone to say that to be honest...
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Boo..... I'm glad I'm going to a different show. I knew this was coming but this would've ruined tonight for me if I was there and got it confirmed at the show.

I'll get over it. I had hopes James was lying.
    apparently

they opened with zero.. and then played today followed by stand inside your love

Setlist As It Stands:

Zero
    Today (Electric)
    Stand Inside Your Love
    NEW SONG
    NEW SONG
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    I talk out of both sides of my mouth on this issue.

For instance, I have no problem with Blind Melon continuing on without Shannon.

Guns N' Roses releasing an album and touring is fine.

But, I have problems with Billy and the Smashing Pumpkins moniker. This is a glorified solo tour.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399

But, I have problems with Billy and the Smashing Pumpkins moniker. This is a glorified solo tour.

PBM

Guns'N"Roses releasing an album ... Hahahahahahahahaaa!!!! Very funny!!

Going to the second concert of the reunion tour (in 48hours in Luxembourg) I'm really excited as it happens in a venue that only has a capacity of 800!!

Apparently Billy introduced the 2 new members as James & D'Arcy and got booed by the crowd (read that on some live blog where those photos were published... http://spliverex.blogspot.com/
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119

PBM

and it was't the same for axl rose? He has the biggest ego EVER. But i agree it's no pumpkins. What if soundgarden got back together but it was just chris and ben? Not really SG without matt and kim.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    phatucini wrote:
    Guns'N"Roses releasing an album ... Hahahahahahahahaaa!!!! Very funny!!

I'll give them an inch...I've at least heard a few songs from the ghostly album.

;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    I'll give them an inch...I've at least heard a few songs from the ghostly album.

;)

PBM
    Billy's aka SP new record 'Zeitgeist' will be released on 7/7/2007

When is Axl's new record 'Chinese Democracy' coming out?? 7/7/7002!?
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    I bought tickets yesterday for the Asheville shows, I am a fan, and I don't care about James and Darcy (mostly because Darcy kinda sucked, and James never cared much himself)... But it must be said, goddamnit Billy looks fucking stupid in that picture.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    apparently

they opened with zero.. and then played today followed by stand inside your love

Setlist As It Stands:

Zero
    Today (Electric)
    Stand Inside Your Love
    NEW SONG
    NEW SONG

thanks jack. first info i've been able to find. is there a running list somewhere?
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
    lowlight10 wrote:
    thanks jack. first info i've been able to find. is there a running list somewhere?
    Zero
    Today
    SIYL
    Come On Let's Go
    Doomsday Clock
    (...)

Hummer
    Set The Ray To Jerry
    I Am One
    Disarm
    Tarantula
    Starz (??)

Rocket
    To Sheila
    This Time

Le Machina Deux (??)
    Glass + the Ghost Children (??)
    Heavy Metal Machine (??)
    *Billy talking*
    Speed Kills

Nothing official yet though. Just word of mouth.
    Zero
    Today
    SIYL
    Come On Let's Go
    Doomsday Clock
    (...)
    Hummer
    Set The Ray To Jerry
    I AM ONE
    DISARM
    TARANTULA
    Starz (??)
    Le Machina Deux
    Billy talking
    Speed Kills
    To Shiela
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • I talk out of both sides of my mouth on this issue.

PBM

Why didn't he just call Zwan, The Smashing Pumpkins?
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    hmmm, still hoping this ends with XYU/Porcelina/Silverfuck
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    danny72688 wrote:
    Zero
    Today
    SIYL
    Come On Let's Go
    Doomsday Clock
    (...)

Hummer
    Set The Ray To Jerry
    I Am One
    Disarm
    Tarantula
    Starz (??)

Rocket
    To Sheila
    This Time

Le Machina Deux (??)
    Glass + the Ghost Children (??)
    Heavy Metal Machine (??)
    *Billy talking*
    Speed Kills

Nothing official yet though. Just word of mouth.

lol, that's mostly BS.

From an Italian board, which also has periodic videos, this seems the most plausible:

1)intro
    2)today
    3)stand inside your love
    4)*new song*
    5)*new song* (come on let's go?)
    6)home
    7)hummer
    8)starz
    9)tarantula
    10)bullet with butterfly wings
    11)*new song*(United States?)

acoustic set
    12)for God and country
    13)33
    14)rocket
    15)winterlong
    16)to sheila
    end of acoustic set

17)glass and the ghost children
    18)cherub rock
    19)1979
    20)intermezzo al piano
    21)tonight tonight
    22)*new song* (thats the way?)
    23)Disarm
    24)zero
    25)untitled

encore
    26)shame
    27)silverfuck

encore 2
    28)annie-dog
    29)muzzle
    the ones i really wanted to see were 1979, disarm, today, tonight tonight, cherub rock, geek usa, raindrops and sunshowers, jellybelly, bullet with butterfly wings, thirty three, landslide, soma.. and now tarantula
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    Eh....it was scrambled a bit. Doesn't look too bad compared to what you have.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    From Myspace:

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS DESCEND ON THE CITY OF LIGHT
    FOR FIRST PERFORMANCE SINCE 2000;

BAND EARNS RAPTUROUS RESPONSE FROM FANS AT SOLD-OUT SHOW AT THE HISTORIC GRAND REX THEATRE IN PARIS, FRANCE

Taking the stage for the first time since December 2, 2000, THE SMASHING PUMPKINS drew a rapturous response tonight (May 22) from 2200 fans who packed the historic and elegantly appointed Grand Rex in Paris, France. It was the much-anticipated first stop on the band’s world tour, and tickets for the intimate and wide-ranging three-hour show had sold out within minutes of going on sale. The Parisians gave the band a true hero’s welcome as they debuted material from the July 10 release ZEITGEIST (Martha’s Music/Reprise)--their first album of new material since 2000--alongside an array of Pumpkins classics and fan favorites that have defined the alternative music era and underlined the band’s diversity. *See the evening’s set list at the end of release.

ZEITGEIST—which features the just-released single “Tarantula,” now buzzing loudly at Rock and Alternative radio as well as all over the internet----represents a powerful rebirth and reaffirmation of the Smashing Pumpkins by two of its key members, main singer-songwriter and guitarist Billy Corgan and drummer Jimmy Chamberlin. At the Grand Rex, they welcomed Jeff Schroeder (guitar) and Ginger Reyes (bass) to the line-up, which is supported by keyboardist Lisa Harriton.

Next up for the Pumpkins: they're headlining major European festivals from May 28 at Holland's Pinkpop festival through June 17 at Switzerland's Greenfield Festival, returning to Europe August 17 in Belgium (Pukkelpop Festival) and England August 24 (Leeds Festival) and August 26 (Reading Festival) as well performing in Istanbul, Turkey September 1. The band’s itinerary *******s a “Live Earth” performance July 7 at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ and headlining festival appearances at the Virgin Festivals in Washington, DC (August 5) and Toronto, ONT (September 8).

The Pumpkins also announced two sets of residency gigs in the U.S.: nine unprecedented shows at the Orange Peel in Asheville, NC (June 23, 24, 26, 27, 29, 30 and July 2, 3, and 5) plus 11 shows at the historic Fillmore in San Francisco (July 15, 16, 18, 22, 24, 25, 27, 28, 30 and 31 and August 1). At these very special and intimate residencies—both of which instantly sold out--the band will vary set lists from night to night. They’ll perform songs from Zeitgeist and Pumpkins classics plus retool songs that didn’t make it onto Zeitgeist and even offer tunes written the day of the show. These shows will give fans a unique opportunity to see the Pumpkins inside the process of creation and operating in the spur of the moment. The band will be taking chances in the hope of taking fans, and their music, to new places.

Check out the band’s tour dates at http://www.smashingpumpkins.com and http://www.myspace.com/smashingpumpkins.

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS, GRAND REX, PARIS, FRANCE
    5/22 SET LIST

United States
    Today
    Stand Inside Your Love
    Orchid
    Doomsday Clock
    Home
    Hummer
    Starz
    Tarantula
    Bullet
    Gossamer
    Rocket
    Winterlong
    To Sheila
    Glass and the Ghost
    Cherub Rock
    Tonight
    Neverlost
    That's the Way
    Disarm
    Zero
    Untitled
    Annie Dog
    Muzzle
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    why do people not understand that the pumpkins line-up is a fluid thing?

did they cease being the pumpkins when jimmy was chucked and replaced?

did they cease being the pumpkins when d'arcy was chucked and replaced?

no, because corgan (with the pumpkins mindset) is the smashing pumpkins.

zwan wasnt the pumpkins because he specifically didnt want them to be the pumpkins
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
    duggro wrote:

zwan wasnt the pumpkins because he specifically didnt want them to be the pumpkins

+1000000
  • wickedmonkeyzwickedmonkeyz Posts: 489
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003588876

Smashing Pumpkins Return To The Stage In Paris

Billy Corgan

May 22, 2007, 6:20 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    The Smashing Pumpkins have completed their first show since Dec. 2, 2000, held tonight (May 22) at Paris' 2,200-capacity Grand Rex. The three-hour, 28-song set introduced new guitarist Jeff Schroeder, bassist Ginger Reyes and keyboardist Lisa Harriton into the Pumpkins' lineup, which now includes lone original members Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin.

The gig opened with the track "United States," from the band's impending comeback album, "Zeitgeist," due July 10 via Martha's Music/Reprise. A host of other new songs were played, including first single "Tarantula," "Doomsday Clock," "Starz" and "Orchid."

There was also a sizable chunk of vintage Pumpkins material, including "Today," "Hummer," "Cherub Rock," "Disarm" and "Silverfu*k." An acoustic set was sandwiched into the middle of the gig, featuring tracks like "33," "Winterlong" and "To Sheila."

The Pumpkins will take a few days off before hitting Holland's Pink Pop Festival next Monday and will be on the road through late summer. As previously reported, the group will also play residences this summer in Asheville, N.C., and San Francisco.

Here is the Smashing Pumpkins' set list:

"United States"
    "Today"
    "Stand Inside Your Love"
    "Orchid"
    "Doomsday Clock"
    "Home"
    "Hummer"
    "Starz"
    "Tarantula"
    "Bullet"
    "Gossamer"
    "33"
    "Rocket"
    "Winterlong"
    "To Sheila"
    "Glass and the Ghost"
    "Cherub Rock"
    "1979"
    "Tonight"
    "Neverlost"
    "That's the Way"
    "Disarm"
    "Zero"
    "Untitled"

Encore 1:
    "Shame"
    "Silverf*ck"

Encore 2:
    "Annie Dog"
    "Muzzle"
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • wickedmonkeyzwickedmonkeyz Posts: 489
    add 3 more dates to the san francisco run...

http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=31989

The Smashing Pumpkins Add Three New US Dates
    After crashing ticket servers…

by Jason Gregory

on 22/05/2007
    The Smashing Pumpkins have added three new dates to their upcoming US residencies after initial demand was so high.

The band’s three new shows means that they will now play eleven nights at San Francisco’s Fillmore Auditorium, in addition to nine in Asheville, North Carolina.

The new dates were added after fans crashed ticket servers on Sunday night in a bid to see the re-united band perform together for the first time since 2000.

Ticketweb, the initial vendors for the tour, had to transfer sales to the bigger ticketmaster server in order to cope with fans requests. Tickets went back on sale Monday (May 21st).

The shows will also coincide with the release of the bands new album, ‘Zeitgeist,’ which is available on July 10th.

The Smashing Pumpkins revised dates are as follows:

Asheville Orange Peel - June 23/24/26/27/29/30 July 2/3/5
    San Francisco Fillmore - July 15/16/18/22/24/25/27/28/30/31 August 1
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • western pearlwestern pearl Posts: 632
    Why didn't he just call Zwan, The Smashing Pumpkins?

Did Zwan sound like the Smashing Pumpkins to you? B/c they sure as hell didn't to me. I guess Mad Season should have been named Pearl Jam too. They had two of the same members.......
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    d'arcy left the band right before MACHINA came out, so it was her own decision, she wasn't kicked out, like Jimmy was
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Did Zwan sound like the Smashing Pumpkins to you? B/c they sure as hell didn't to me. I guess Mad Season should have been named Pearl Jam too. They had two of the same members.......

Not to be an arse but only Mike McCready was in Mad Season from PJ.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Did Zwan sound like the Smashing Pumpkins to you? B/c they sure as hell didn't to me. I guess Mad Season should have been named Pearl Jam too. They had two of the same members.......

Hold up there. Relax. Zwan sounded like Billy Corgan songs, just like the pumpkins and just like his solo stuff. I apologize for offending you, I didn't mean to go in that direction. The Corgan/ Iha combo, was some killer stuff, when I heard they were coming back I really hoped it was going to be Corgan/ Iha back to playing. Sure Corgan is the main writer for the Pumpkins, but those two just sounded killer together. It's sad that this couldn't continue.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    duggro wrote:

Exactly. Not to mention that it wasn't an unusual thing for a Smashing Pumpkins song to be recorded without D'Arcy or James. Billy is the Pumpkins.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
    Not to be an arse but only Mike McCready was in Mad Season from PJ.

Oh shit, thats right. Haha, i think i was thinking of Green River.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

Hold up there. Relax. Zwan sounded like Billy Corgan songs, just like the pumpkins and just like his solo stuff. I apologize for offending you, I didn't mean to go in that direction. The Corgan/ Iha combo, was some killer stuff, when I heard they were coming back I really hoped it was going to be Corgan/ Iha back to playing. Sure Corgan is the main writer for the Pumpkins, but those two just sounded killer together. It's sad that this couldn't continue.

Sorry about the snappy response :o And your post wasn't even that bad. I think other peoples' ragging on Corgan about calling it the smashing pumpkins w/o james or d'arcy got to me. It all boiled over so to speak :)

It is sad though. I along w/ all pumpkins fans were hoping for a full reunion. The band still going to kick ass though. Sorry again ;)

"She fell funny"