Options

Album that changed your life

2»

Comments

• Options
    i can't say it's just ONE album...though it certainly would be an ALBUM as opposed to a cd...

to me it's been a gradual building love that help developed and changed my life for the better

meaty beety big and bouncy certainly had me rocking out in my teens, among others...
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Quadrophenia

No question.

After waiting nearly 20 years to hear something that made me feel like that record did, I found Pearl Jam's Ten. I'd say that's a pretty nice musical evolution.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    R.E.M.'s "Automatic for the People" for me
  • Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 773
    QUADROPHENIA

As a teen, I found myself always going back to this album. Even now at age 35 when I listen to it, all the turmoil and teen angst comes flooding back.

"I'm recalling distant memories..."

q
  • Options
    dana_bdana_b Posts: 141
    For all of the "Quadrophenia" lovers, I'm with you! This album, more than any other, made me feel connected to other people. It was just a big "hey, someone else out there feels exactly like I do!" moment in time. Kind of strange really because it's such a selfish album. Jimmy is so self absorbed, like many teenagers (not a putdown to teenagers, it's just part of life), but the music is so beautifully written and the feelings expressed are so real. God, it's glorious!!!

"I'm one... and i can see that this is me, and I will be, you'll all see I'm the one..."
  • Options
    svhsvh Posts: 21
    it´s a bit strange, for me it´s not one album, it´s three.
    my boy-friend introduced me to his music and gave me a package with

Pearl Jam - Ten
    Faith No More - Angel Dust
    Nirvana - Nevermind

So those three albums really changed my life. I was listening to Queen for years and then jumped into this new, crazy (to me at that point) world.
    I was shocked - and I loved it.
    ...a pearl, turning dirt into something beautiful - e.v
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    lateralus
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    The Woman in Me - Shania Twain
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    btb002 wrote:
    The Woman in Me - Shania Twain

are u being serious? the woman in me is the name of the album that changed ur life? :D
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    shahril wrote:
    are u being serious? the woman in me is the name of the album that changed ur life? :D
    No. Just joking around.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • Options
    Y2A 66Y2A 66 Posts: 11
    My first real memory of listening to music was actually Appetite for Destruction so I have to give it props. Next I would say Ten because like many of you here, it completely opened the door to so much kickass music to come
    Finally I'd say Led Zeppelin II. Turned me onto the whole classic rock scene
    I those are probably the biggest ones
    saw things so much clearer...
    want you...in my....REARVIEW MIRROR
    ---
    One thing that I know for sure gonna give her the loving
    Like nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody can.
  • Options
    MoondemonMoondemon Posts: 93
    Many did a different times of my life... but one really had a huge impact...

Pearl jam -Vitalogy-
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    First one: Surrealastic Pillow:Jefferson Airplane
    Second one: Ten
    :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    harvest - neil young.

this album has been with me for so long and through many incarnations. it's a constant. a boy(natch) introduced me to it and throughout our relationship and a few since it's been the soundtrack to a lot of stuff, some of it illegal, in public and in private. every time i listen to it it takes me back to a very informative time in my life. it brings me both joy and sadness.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    allmyrivalsallmyrivals Posts: 228
    i would have to say that it wasn't so much one album. i've always been a music fan since i can remember. So not so much did one thing change my life, but the way i heard and listened to music and what i look for in it. and how it has shaped the way i write my own music.

i will have to say when i heard "smells like teen spirit" for the first time ...it stunned me.....all i could say was " hey , play that track again" With a look of amazment..... I'd never heard anything like it before.

then came "TEN" .....my god .........for the first time at 16-17 years old i was looking deeper into the music and finding a bond between the lyics/music and myself. it was quite a powerfull time for me. It really shaped ALOT of how i listen to music today.

But one other moment i can't ignore was when i heard the song "Demon Cleaner" from KYUSS. something about that track just blew my mind. and has really had an impact on me and my writing.

after all these things .....music was not just music anymore.......

now it's 2006.....i havn;t heard anything that has stunned me since Lateralus.

allmyrivals
    EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0031
    WHAAHYEAH!!
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Would have to say Nirvana Nevermind changed my life because it helped change my tastes from just rap to rock also. Then I would have to say Oasis Definitely Maybe made me the huge fan of rock and roll music that I am today. The most life changing concert for me.................Pearl Jam at Alpine Valley in 2000. That concert opened my eyes to how awesome live music is and since then I have seen many shows.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson