Options

What's the Alice In Chains Announcement?

adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Just got the new AIC newsletter (Dirt 1 Issue 6) and it states that there's a big announcement coming next Monday. Any thoughts?
Hello Alice In Chains fans,

A MASSIVE announcement will be made on AliceInChains.com on May 15 at around 4pm PST. It's so big that we can't even hint at what it's about but we can tell you that you'll be kicking yourself later if you don't stop by the site at around 4pm PST on Monday.

This Wednesday, May 10, is the date for the New York City public sale. Tickets to see the band's May 23 show in NYC will go on sale at noon EST. TicketWeb will be handling the sale and all tickets will be will-call pick up only. In order to score one of these very, very limited tickets, you will need to enter in the following password:
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• Options
    BriskBrisk Posts: 84
    They are getting some shirts in stock in the store? The forum will be up?

Jerry has a new album ready?
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    A big world tour? LOL

I have no idea, but it certainly sounds exciting
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    we apologise for putting the band back together without layne. we don't know what we were thinking.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Layne really isn't dead after all, he lives on a deserted island with Kurt, Jimi, Jim and Janis.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    I don't really think there is AIC without Layne.
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    i agree..........
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    as do I
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Options
    happyhourherohappyhourhero Posts: 204
    karma defect, i hope your right... but they'll probably announce special guest singers for the tour.
  • Options
    excuse my language, but that would fucking suck massive.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    excuse my language, but that would fucking suck massive.

Jesus fucking chirst Catefrances you can't use goddamn words like that, fuck it I am getting all upset. hahahahahahahaha. smile.
  • Options
    karma defect, i hope your right... but they'll probably announce special guest singers for the tour.

Wishful and totally unrealistic thinking my friend, I know.
  • Options
    Jesus fucking chirst Catefrances you can't use goddamn words like that, fuck it I am getting all upset. hahahahahahahaha. smile.

karma sweetie.. fuck off :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    karma sweetie.. fuck off :D

Now that is just plain rude.
  • Options
    chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
    we are proud to announce that audioslave has broken up and queens of the stone age will not tour for at least a year...this is great news because chris cornell and mark lanegan, two seattle natives and dear friends of layne staley, will be splitting the lead singer role on a worldwide tour. also joining for some shows will be eddie vedder after the pearl jam world tour comes to an end.

thank you,

alice in chains
  • Options
    chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
    we are proud to announce that audioslave has broken up and queens of the stone age will not tour for at least a year...this is great news because chris cornell and mark lanegan, two seattle natives and dear friends of layne staley, will be splitting the lead singer role on a worldwide tour. also joining for some shows will be eddie vedder after the pearl jam world tour comes to an end.

thank you,

alice in chains
  • Options

thank you,

alice in chains

Hahahahaha
  • Options

thank you,

alice in chains

as much as i love chris and mark. nope. nope. can't do it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Now that is just plain rude.

never said i was nice. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    THE LOOK wrote:

True

But Cantrell was just as big a part, or probably even bigger in creating those tunes -

But Staley's voice was just sick, man.
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194

thank you,

alice in chains

AWWW NAW HELL NAW! :mad:
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    verb_to_trustverb_to_trust Posts: 178
    Anyone see Duvall on the VH-1 classic thing with heart...............that guy can SING. He's no layne, but who is? That guy from damgeplan sucked on "would" though.....jsut terrible. Let the band play their songs. They are doing it for the fans and for themselves, you people have no right to discount it by saying no aic, no layne. Was layne a member of YOUR band?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Anyone see Duvall on the VH-1 classic thing with heart...............that guy can SING. He's no layne, but who is? That guy from damgeplan sucked on "would" though.....jsut terrible. Let the band play their songs. They are doing it for the fans and for themselves, you people have no right to discount it by saying no aic, no layne. Was layne a member of YOUR band?

Anselmo was from Pantera and Superjoint Ritual, not Damageplan. He's also a major league asshole and waste of life. Willam DuVall did a great job and is touring with AIC through Europe. Pat Lachman from Damageplan did some vocals with AIC last year at the Hurricane Benefit show in Seattle.

I agree with your post. Fans of the band are happy and will be attending their sold out shows across the country. People in this thread are either misguided or delusional. AIC is happening. AIC was as much Jerry, Sean and Mike's as it was Layne's. RIP Layne. Can't wait to see AIC, and I'm hoping Monday's announcement is the full North American tour.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    verb_to_trustverb_to_trust Posts: 178
    jeffbr wrote:
    Anselmo was from Pantera and Superjoint Ritual, not Damageplan. He's also a major league asshole and waste of life. Willam DuVall did a great job and is touring with AIC through Europe. Pat Lachman from Damageplan did some vocals with AIC last year at the Hurricane Benefit show in Seattle.

I agree with your post. Fans of the band are happy and will be attending their sold out shows across the country. People in this thread are either misguided or delusional. AIC is happening. AIC was as much Jerry, Sean and Mike's as it was Layne's. RIP Layne. Can't wait to see AIC, and I'm hoping Monday's announcement is the full North American tour.

So that was anselmo not lacheman eh? man....he sucked
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:

i am not misguided nor am i delusional. layne staley's voice was what gave alice it's punch. i know how much the others contributed, especially jerry. i am not a fool and i have been listening to alice since the early 90s. that doesn't mean i'm any more a fan than any other person, but what it does mean is that i find it difficult to separate alice from layne.
    all i'm saying is that seeing alice without layne is not something i am interested in.
    can you imagine seeing pearl jam without eddie vedder?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    can you imagine seeing pearl jam without eddie vedder?

That is different. Jerry wrote most of the catalog and sang a huge part of their catalog. Eddie writes most and sings on 99% of PJs catalog. Layne was a huge part of AIC's sound, no doubt, but Jerry is at least as much a factor there. PJ doesn't have a Jerry to keep the band going. And there are plenty of bands that have done fine with a new lead singer (AC/DC and Van Hagar to name a couple). I guess I have a problem with people who would deny Jerry, Sean and Mike's dreams because they can't move on. Even Layne's mom was at the Seattle benefit show last year supporting AIC. During the 2 shows they've played, they've made it a point to remember Layne, so I don't think they're doing anything disrespectful either.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    That is different. Jerry wrote most of the catalog and sang a huge part of their catalog. Eddie writes most and sings on 99% of PJs catalog. Layne was a huge part of AIC's sound, no doubt, but Jerry is at least as much a factor there. PJ doesn't have a Jerry to keep the band going. And there are plenty of bands that have done fine with a new lead singer (AC/DC and Van Hagar to name a couple). I guess I have a problem with people who would deny Jerry, Sean and Mike's dreams because they can't move on. Even Layne's mom was at the Seattle benefit show last year supporting AIC. During the 2 shows they've played, they've made it a point to remember Layne, so I don't think they're doing anything disrespectful either.

it's not different to me. don't get me wrong i'm a fan of jerry's, in fact probably more so than i am of layne. that doesn't change the fact that a reunion doesn't interest me.
    deny jerry, sean and mike's dream. puh-lease. who the hell is doing that? i'm just voicing my opinion. an opinion that is as valid as all those who are chomping at the bit to see alice sans layne.
    no one is denying that AC/DC or van halen did a fine job replacing bon scott and diamond dave. though my favourite AC/DC all came out before black in black. but i'm sure you can see the difference between AC/DC and Van Halen replacing their singer and what alice are doing. i'd also like to add the faux misfits to that.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    THE LOOK wrote:

exactly - i dont like it when bands rake it back up with a fake singer, sure jerryc has a good voice but aic was all layne staley as far as im concerned
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    A lot of people are going to be sensitive about this, and it's understandable. Regardless of who wrote the lyrics and music, Layne Staley was the voice of AIC (complemented so beautifully by Jerry's vocals) and without him it's not quite the same.

However, I never saw AIC when they were around, and I thought that Duvall was pretty impressive on "Rooster". As such, I would gladly see them on tour, and be interested in what they might come up with if they decide to record a CD under a different band name. That is helped by the fact that I choose to believe the guys in the band (not necessarily Jerry though) when they say that this is not about cashing in and more about having a proper goodbye before deciding whether or not they want to move on as a new entity. Maybe I'm gullible.

What's the big secret? If I had to guess, it's either news about guest lead singers on the tour or, perhaps more likely, a full-on North American tour in the Fall and Winter.
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:

Exactly,true fans of the band are really looking forward to this,and i include myself in this category.
    And I think the announement is a full US tour.
    If not,then ive absolutly no clue.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    what time is 4 STP in england?