Second Alice in chains date for London

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited July 2006 in Other Music
http://www.seetickets.com/see/price.asp?code=196438&userid=61495283&filler1=see&filler2=newlist

I posted this in the other AIC thread, but I didn't want anyone to miss out so....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Oooh that's on my birthday :D Already going to the one on the 4th though :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Thank you VM :)
    had missed out on the first (well now second date).

have to brush up my AIC though, haven't listened in years... figuring I'd better go back into gig mode as a preparation ;)

So AIC then Ben Harper the following week.
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    THANK YOU!!! Am seeing them on the monday! Wooooo!!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
    Is this definitely official? Only there's nothing on the Official site about an extra show. Don't want to worry people

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Is this definitely official? Only there's nothing on the Official site about an extra show. Don't want to worry people

It's on sale at ticketmaster...I hope thats legit!

Hang about...the site says the 4th is sold out?! huh?!

And a second edit....theres no mention of the 3rd july date...which is the one i've just bought from ticketmaster.
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

It's on sale both at seetickets and ticketmaster. mentionned in all ticket sites that I could find.

I just think the official site is slow on the update (10c often is).
    Pegasus wrote:
    It's on sale both at seetickets and ticketmaster. mentionned in all ticket sites that I could find.

I just think the official site is slow on the update (10c often is).

So...is the 3rd the extra date? I havent kept up with the AIC news and this is the first i've heard of it.
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

yep, the 4th was sold out.
    wash_ wrote:
    So...is the 3rd the extra date? I havent kept up with the AIC news and this is the first i've heard of it.

Yes, the 3rd is the extra date. Always confusing when they add extra dates BEFORE the original date :D

Still nothing official but I guess the Official site just hasn't updated yet.

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Just went back to the Seeticket site, it now lists:
    ALICE IN CHAINS Astoria London TUE 04/07/2006 19:00 buy tickets

ALICE IN CHAINS Astoria London THU 06/07/2006 19:00 Event cancelled

if you click on buy tickets on the 4th it comes out as sold out.
    Ticketmaster still has tickets for the 3rd for sale.
    http://www.carling.com/music/venue/london_astoria.html carling site has the 3rd as sold out and the 4th as available (but of course if you click it ends up sold out)

Now I'm getting very confused. I'm particularly worried that if the 3rd doesn't happen, they might not refund in full (those thiefs with their £3.5 booking fees and £2 p&P)
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    That is a weird message on the seetickets site, but they were never playing on the 6/7 anyway, looks like they just screwed up. As far as I can tell both gigs (3rd and 4th) are going ahead. I'm sure ticketmaster would have phoned or emailed if anything was cancelled.
    just received this:
    Dear

We are writing to inform you that ALICE IN CHAINS
    at Astoria, London on 06/07/2006
    has been cancelled, and will not be rescheduled.

Please return your 1 ticket(s), please return along with a
    copy of this E-mail to Customer Services, See Tickets, Room No. 99,
    Norfolk House, 47 Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham, NG1 2AB
    For a face value refund. We advise that
    all tickets are returned by secure mail to ensure delivery.

If we have not despatched your ticket(s) a face value refund including our
    postage charge will be applied to the credit/debit card used to place the
    order in the next three to five working days.

If you have any queries regarding your order please do not hesitate to
    E-mail us at helpme@seetickets.com quoting reference #.
    frankly confused seing as the booking was for the 3rd.
    giving them a call now.
    Keep us updated mate, i got my tickets for the 4th july from ticketmaster, if that date has been cancelled and the 3rd is still happening i'm gonna have to book some tickets for that day instead
    I think everyone with tickets for the 4th is fine, seeing as that is officially on the Alice in Chains site :)

It's the 3rd I'm worried about, seeing as the site still hasn't released anything official.

What's the deal with the 6th though?!! When was that available / listed?

Rockin' out to Creadles
    I think everyone with tickets for the 4th is fine, seeing as that is officially on the Alice in Chains site :)

It's the 3rd I'm worried about, seeing as the site still hasn't released anything official.

What's the deal with the 6th though?!! When was that available / listed?

The 6th was never a date to my knowledge. Perhaps they made a typo error with the 6th and when they corrected it, it sent out an automated response that the show was cancelled....who knows
    I guess that's possible but very lax on the part of however's job it was to type it and check it.

Oh well watch this space I guess. Has anyone tried to contact the AIC site? They may know something but I guess if they did they would have put it on the site

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Seetickets are rubbish. I trust ticketmaster though. I reckon it's ok and it was just a typo.
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

well, i called them, they kept on telling me they didn't know anything about the 3rd but the 6th was cancelled.
    I'm right pissed off now because they won't refund their fee! (because their T&C says thyy don't if the promoter cancels) Arguing that they never had a date confirmed obviously since they put it on sale on day 1 with 1 date then cancel it on day 2 with another...wtf?
    They have nothing to loose by putting tentative dates since they get paid even if it doesn't happen!
    Their customer 'service' is supposed to call me back tomorrow (of course it was conveniently too late when I called).
    I've put a complaint with my CC company that said they can't stop the paiement but will work at getting me the refund...

THAT's why I stopped going to gigs, the complete rip off.

I mean can someone explain how it can be legal not to refund fully for a product that was not provided. No other business can get away with that.

I couldn't care less whose fault it is they cancel, sort it out between yourselves. It's not a service they provide us since we have no choice in most cases to go buy somwhere physical, it's a service they provide the promoter by selling their tickets for them therefore they should have to pay teh service fee, not us (yes they'd put it in the ticket price, but you could get it refunded if they cancel!!)

I am sooo p*ssed off right now...if there's one thing guaranteed to get me in a rage it's getting ripped off!
    Pegasus wrote:
    well, i called them, they kept on telling me they didn't know anything about the 3rd but the 6th was cancelled.
    I'm right pissed off now because they won't refund their fee! (because their T&C says thyy don't if the promoter cancels) Arguing that they never had a date confirmed obviously since they put it on sale on day 1 with 1 date then cancel it on day 2 with another...wtf?
    They have nothing to loose by putting tentative dates since they get paid even if it doesn't happen!
    Their customer 'service' is supposed to call me back tomorrow (of course it was conveniently too late when I called).
    I've put a complaint with my CC company that said they can't stop the paiement but will work at getting me the refund...

THAT's why I stopped going to gigs, the complete rip off.

I mean can someone explain how it can be legal not to refund fully for a product that was not provided. No other business can get away with that.

I couldn't care less whose fault it is they cancel, sort it out between yourselves. It's not a service they provide us since we have no choice in most cases to go buy somwhere physical, it's a service they provide the promoter by selling their tickets for them therefore they should have to pay teh service fee, not us (yes they'd put it in the ticket price, but you could get it refunded if they cancel!!)

I am sooo p*ssed off right now...if there's one thing guaranteed to get me in a rage it's getting ripped off!

That sucks!! I emailed the AIC official site (not had a reply yet). Their site still says the gig on the 4th is happening. Ticketmaster has 3rd listed and still has tickets if you're interested, I've never had issues with ticketmaster....hoping all is ok, I would be gutted if I didn't get to see them.
    i just checked stargreen.com, and they still have the 6th listed and have tickets available!!! arghhhh WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!
    That sucks!! I emailed the AIC official site (not had a reply yet). Their site still says the gig on the 4th is happening. Ticketmaster has 3rd listed and still has tickets if you're interested, I've never had issues with ticketmaster....hoping all is ok, I would be gutted if I didn't get to see them.
    Ticketmaster doesn't say sold out but if you try to buy there's nothing.

Stargreen says that:
    CONCERT CANCELLED RETURN TICKET FOR REFUNDS

I mean all those guys started selling tickets for different dates and they obviously had no clue when/if it was going to happen :mad:
    :eek: Still confused :rolleyes:

So 4th is sold out. 6th is cancelled but was never announced. 3rd??

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Bollocks bollocks bollocks....ticketmaster has taken the 3rd of.

Im gonna hang tight and wait. I'll call in a few days i think.
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• i got tickets to the 4th july show via ticketmaster. still not got my tickets yet, i hope its all legit.

sorry to the people that are getting screwed with this 3rd/6th shit, that really sucks.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
    i got tickets to the 4th july show via ticketmaster. still not got my tickets yet, i hope its all legit.

sorry to the people that are getting screwed with this 3rd/6th shit, that really sucks.

Hey Jack

Don't panic, the 4th is definitely confirmed and is now sold out. Ticketmaster are always slow at sending tix out, in fact they normally send them a week before the gig. So don't panic yet! :D

I'll see you there though, should be a rockin' gig :)

Yeah all those people that ordered tix for 3rd and 6th I feel sorry for now. It's all so up in the air. Someone got their wires crossed for sure

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Talking to Meanfiddler right now, they themselves are confused on the 3/6th
    They say they never had the 3rd as a date!
    They say the artist cancelled (the 6th) and it has nothing to do with them and basically we're screwed!

So anybody can just pull dates out of their hat, and if they change their mind, the only one who's paying is the only one that has no choice in the matter: the punter.

It's called a scam. I'm contacting my Trading Standard office.
    Ok i have it confirmed by aliceinchains.com:

"The only confirmed London date in the July 4 show. It is the ONLY show the band is doing in London in July.

Lindsay"

I'm gutted for anyone that bought tickets for the 3rd or 6th, but all those who have tickets for the 4th are ok.
    Ok i have it confirmed by aliceinchains.com:

"The only confirmed London date in the July 4 show. It is the ONLY show the band is doing in London in July.

Lindsay"

I'm gutted for anyone that bought tickets for the 3rd or 6th, but all those who have tickets for the 4th are ok.
    How did you contact them? help@ address?
    Pegasus wrote:
    How did you contact them? help@ address?

help@aliceinchains.com

seems like the ticket sites really screwed this one up, just glad i managed to get tickets for the show...
  • help@aliceinchains.com

seems like the ticket sites really screwed this one up, just glad i managed to get tickets for the show...

Same here, I'm really glad I got sorted with ticketmaster for the 4th, but I feel so bad for these people getting screwed :(
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2