Naveed - Our Lady Peace

2»

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    MCG wrote:
    Like many others, I completely gave up on this band after Clumsy. Their 1st record was very cool and they were really never able to recapture it IMO.

See it's funny you should say that, becasue they arguably got a lot more interesting around their third and fourth albums. Happiness...in particular, is a fucking great album.
  • myhookmyhook Posts: 284
    See it's funny you should say that, becasue they arguably got a lot more interesting around their third and fourth albums. Happiness...in particular, is a fucking great album.

I totally agree. I like all the albums. Gravity is a little ehh but Happiness is my favorite with Spiritual Machines a close second.

I have seen them live a few times and they put on a great show.
    Hey, you wouldn't hire a clown to fix a leak in the jon so why do you let these hooligans tear down the biz? YEEAAHHH. I don't care if he is Mr. Notorious BIG, can he croon?
  • Has anyone else heard Raine's solo album that came out this past fall I believe, "The Hunter's Lullaby"? If you haven't, it's a completely different concept than anything the full band has ever done collectively. It's basically a cross between an acoustic/piano folk album and a spoken-word-set-to-music album, very politically charged, very chilling and perceptive lyrics without most of that falsetto thing he has going on in OLP, pure genius in my opinion. I got the chance to see Raine and Chantal Kreviazuk in a tiny little bar in Ottawa in March to support this album and I must say they rocked this down-to-earth little coffeehouse album like nobody else could, with only Raine on acoustic and vocals (obviously), Chantal on piano and backup (again, big shocker) and a drummer and a cellist. They did an amazing version of Neil's Ohio and Chantal played a Pixies song on her own, and they ended it with "Innocent", the only OLP song of the night and possibly the only one I normally can't stand, but something about a stripped-down acoustic version with the small crowd singing most of it unaccompanied was beautiful. They brought out a guy to do slam poetry, Jared Paul who is actually featured on one of the songs on the album, between the opening band and their own set and he was also just brilliant. It was all in all a very beautiful night. If you haven't had the chance to listen to this masterpiece yet, go in expecting something altogether different.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2