AFI - Miss Murder

2»

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    NakedClown wrote:
    And a comment on the song... it's catchy music as long as I don't have to look at them. I really enjoyed Sing the Sorrow and am enjoying this one so far...

But christ... I can't watch the videos... they clearly think they are so tragic...so deep... they look like the rest of the "hipsters" here around Hollywood - I just want to scream at them: GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

That's all...

this may be why i gagged when i saw their name on this board. are they the band with nails painted black, makeup everywhere, tight leather, and so on? like a more pathetic marilyn manson without the actual darkness? cos i saw some band like that for about 15 seconds on an mtv show and i wanted to cry for how contrived they were.

they were also clearly lip-synching.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    this may be why i gagged when i saw their name on this board. are they the band with nails painted black, makeup everywhere, tight leather, and so on? like a more pathetic marilyn manson without the actual darkness? cos i saw some band like that for about 15 seconds on an mtv show and i wanted to cry for how contrived they were.

they were also clearly lip-synching.

well unfortunately you have a lot of poseurs out there..but AFI are the real deal....

I saw them at the end of October and they were phenomenal.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • horrible, horrible band.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    LOL..cmon now..but then again most PJ fans arent AFI fans imo.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • libragirl wrote:
    LOL..cmon now..but then again most PJ fans arent AFI fans imo.

I don't know about this. If you look at a pearl jam crowd they are so mixed in style and music preferences. I saw a trace atkins tshirt and a good punk getup complete with fin at the same show

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu
  • oh yeah saw AFI in july and they were really good

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu
  • Ooooh, I really like AFI. Sing the Sorrow is a really good album. Especially the hidden track with all the poetry before it. I haven't heard the new song but I'm gonna go listen to it on YouTube now! I didn't even know they had a new album :o