AFI - Miss Murder

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Anyone else heard AFI's new song Miss Murder, it's pretty damn good - you can hear it in the media section of their site. Their last album was an absolute masterpiece.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    I heard the song a few days and it immediately got stuck in my head. Not a bad song to have stuck in your head!
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    definitely excited for the new album. i came to the conclusion last night after reading up more on all the stuff related to clandestine/337 that if i couldnt choose to be in pearl jam, afi would be a band i would love to be in. such a cool thing they did for their devoted fans plus a hint of mystery too - right up my alley (if you dont know about it and want to read up about it here's a pretty cool synopsis...http://panasonicyouth.buzznet.com/user/journal/19310)

with sing the sorrow being so epic i have high hopes for december underground too. i'm sure it'll prove itself in due time... miss murder is fun & the video can be downloaded on videopimp right now if anyones interested.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    can't say i'm really an AFI fan but i love 'miss murder'.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    glad there are other AFI fans on here. i cant wait for there new cd. i love there old stuff
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I like it alot. The video is my Yahoo home page's video of the day. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • patw486patw486 Posts: 52
    afi is terrible
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    im sorry but theyve gone right into emo territory in my book

im gonna try to listen to sing the sorrow and see if i can still enjoy it...i loved it back in the day....as in, 7th grade
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 Posts: 596
    i personally cant stand the singers voice, its quite aweful. the music is ok though.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • i've listened to the new album. there are a few moments on it. but overall, they seem to get stuck in the mid-tempo/boring tracks like halfway through. i respect them for slowing down the tempos and adding some variety, but on the new album it sort of failed to keep my interest. i think sing the sorrow is a bit better
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I like Miss Murder..but i still have to listen to the album a bit more to get a feel for it. It's dif. then sing the sorrow.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • The single is the best song on the album, very addictive, just gets stuck in your head. The album doesn't come close to sing the sorrow but there is some really good songs on it. have to give it a couple more listens.
    "I'll be hanging upside down, and there I will swing, for all e.........tern.............ni..............ty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • stone720stone720 Posts: 50
    i personally cant stand the singers voice, its quite aweful. the music is ok though.

I agree. The singer's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. But I do like the new song.
  • NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    LedZepFan wrote:
    im sorry but theyve gone right into emo territory in my book

im gonna try to listen to sing the sorrow and see if i can still enjoy it...i loved it back in the day....as in, 7th grade

So...you're what... a Sophmore in high school now?

People shouldn't be able to use the term "back in the day" until they are 20...

Don't mean to be a dick, but this was funny to me...

EDIT: even more funny - Sing the Sorrow was released in 2003 - calling 'o3 "back in the day" is even funnier...
    And a comment on the song... it's catchy music as long as I don't have to look at them. I really enjoyed Sing the Sorrow and am enjoying this one so far...

But christ... I can't watch the videos... they clearly think they are so tragic...so deep... they look like the rest of the "hipsters" here around Hollywood - I just want to scream at them: GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

That's all...
  • Roll ModelRoll Model Posts: 70
    NakedClown wrote:
    And a comment on the song... it's catchy music as long as I don't have to look at them. I really enjoyed Sing the Sorrow and am enjoying this one so far...

But christ... I can't watch the videos... they clearly think they are so tragic...so deep... they look like the rest of the "hipsters" here around Hollywood - I just want to scream at them: GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

That's all...

yeah i was just gonna say, i didn't find the song awful when i heard it on the radio and i had heard they are friends of jack johnson?, but then i saw the video (i apologize to any fans) but it was hard to watch, it made me take my lip ring out.
    a friend of mine likes them and is going to see them in cleveland, and she's cool so...
  • NakedClown wrote:
    they clearly think they are so tragic...so deep...

i saw afi on mtv while passing through and they all looked like such a joke that i had to stop and watch while they talked. i couldn't get past how coked-out the lead singer looked, not to mention his haircut and the apparent infatuation with wearing powder blue eyeshadow.

it seems that the one thing he want most is to be taken seriously, but i'd say that's just about impossible.
    that's faarkokte.
    The problem being this: The music is actually pretty good. Sing the Sorrow was a surprise album for me when it came out a few years ago... enjoyed it a lot. New album is good too...
  • USCJeffUSCJeff Posts: 92
    I have been a fan of AFI for years. While their new sound is much different than what I got into them on, I still dig it
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    It sounds like Holiday from American Idiot, and the singer is a bad bad Glenn Danzig wannabe, not that Im a big fan of Danzig or anything.

This is music made to pander to the teen goth I like Nightmare before Xmas crowd,

Be away with you!
    3manstack wrote:
    It sounds like Holiday from American Idiot, and the singer is a bad bad Glenn Danzig wannabe, not that Im a big fan of Danzig or anything.

This is music made to pander to the teen goth I like Nightmare before Xmas crowd,

Be away with you!

Yeah, but it is musically better and harder than the rest of that crap (see Good Charlotte, Panic at the Disco, etc...)... these guys can actually write a pretty good song...

They just look absurd doing it...
    Davey Havok is weird looking but seems down to earth when I saw him interviewed.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    Anyone else heard AFI's new song Miss Murder, it's pretty damn good - you can hear it in the media section of their site. Their last album was an absolute masterpiece.

Everything past "Art of Drowning" has been aweful. AFI used to be a great punk band (and still are live), but the way the changed their style when going to a major label is unarguable and as a punk fan I think the music now sucks.

Black Sails, Art of Drowning, the EPs, etc were all phenominal discs. Sing the Sorrow was radio filled garbage.

Sorry but AFI was one of the best punk bands around 5 years ago... now they are just a Fuze staple child. As a long time fan, it's very disappointing. But the fans who were just introduced to them by Sing the Sorrow are always gonna think differently.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

Art of Drowning was a great cd but Sing the Sorrow was good too, different yeah, but were they supposed to make the same cd over and over?
  • iluvslashiluvslash Posts: 121
    I personally hated this song!! The lead singer has an alright voice but the blue eye shadow and the hair really isnt doing it for me! it seems that they have been trying to sort of follow the recent trend of 'emo' and seeing i hate the music and the attitude of emos i really didnt find any Redeeming qualities about the song!!
    With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done!
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    NakedClown wrote:
    So...you're what... a Sophmore in high school now?

People shouldn't be able to use the term "back in the day" until they are 20...

Don't mean to be a dick, but this was funny to me...

EDIT: even more funny - Sing the Sorrow was released in 2003 - calling 'o3 "back in the day" is even funnier...

Maybe he was talking about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2D5lSclhCQ&search=afi%20third%20season

When AFI was Punk Rock back in the day 1997 :)
    NERDS!
  • This probably applies to the general attitude i see on here in general and not to this thread specifically...you people are completely boring. Most of you would like to see a band replicate one albums sound 20 times. Your barometer for a "cool band" is one who isnt played on the radio..i think most of you are just snobs who want to feel you are the only one who knows an obscure band and not a band loved by the masses.

God forbid Pearl Jam should be played on the radio...and im not referring to "ten or vs songs....

And for the record I never heard one sing the sorrow song played on the radio..except GNG...

but this is just my opinion..it's a free world afterall
    So you buried all your lover's clothes
    and burned the letters lover wrote,
    but it doesn't make it any better.
    Does it make it any better?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,842

but this is just my opinion..it's a free world afterall

No, it's not. Fall in line.
  • No, it's not. Fall in line.

exactly.....

Life would be much easier.
    So you buried all your lover's clothes
    and burned the letters lover wrote,
    but it doesn't make it any better.
    Does it make it any better?
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    I have all their albums, love their earlier stuff esp.
  • Most people here probably think they are a horrible band because the last 2 albums (which are HORRIBLE) are what were popular. AFI USED to be an amazing punk band. Listen to their early stuff. 2 completely different bands.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA