Listen to Audioslave's Original Fire...

Comments

• smartass1235smartass1235 Posts: 136
    Binaural wrote:
    New Cornell Album?!?!?!?!?!
    WHEN?!

PEACE

Thats what I'm saying. First of all Chris is too good a guitar player to just hold a mic. I would love to see Aslave take a break so chris could do another solo effort.

As far as original fire goes, well there really isnt much fire lit under this song. It is definatly a track i will skip once in a while once the cd comes out.

As far as chris's voice goes. He doesnt sing audioslave songs the way he use to sing SG songs. Light my way might be the one song that disagree's. After hearing him just last fall doing SG songs there is no question he can sing alot higher then he does for alsave. Granted it isnt temple of the dog high, but you get my point.
    Now bring on a solo album Chris.
    4-30-03
    7-06-03
    7-11-03
    9-28-04
    9-29-04
    5-13-06
    6-03-06
    6-27-08
  • patw486patw486 Posts: 52
    the solo is fucking terrible
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    i heard it and it seems like one of those songs that has to grow on you, didnt like the solo at all, its so out of place kind of like the one in what you are
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    Binaural wrote:
    New Cornell Album?!?!?!?!?!
    WHEN?!

PEACE

To answer your question:

1) http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=205064

2) Who knows? At least it's something to look forward to. :p
  • Nevermind wrote:
    How come you never complain about Eds voice being shot. Eds has got worse than Chris.
    Alright, i'll defend Chris Cornell to the death, but this just isn't true.

Chris nearly completely lost his voice at one point (couple years back).

Ed's been consistantly great throughout his career.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    Alright, i'll defend Chris Cornell to the death, but this just isn't true.

Chris nearly completely lost his voice at one point (couple years back).

Ed's been consistantly great throughout his career.
    Should I upload an mp3 from both from early in career and recently?
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    patw486 wrote:
    the solo is fucking terrible

I'm going to buy you a beer some day. :)
  • orgirlorgirl Posts: 35
    I like the new song.
  • Is it an interesting song...

I remember the first time I heard the single off the first album (Cochise). I thought wtf... this is interesting

I remember the first time I heard the single off the 2nd album (Be yourself). I thought wtf... this is new

I rememeber yesterday when I heard Original fire. I thought wtf... this is unexpected.

Is it just me. Or does the song sound kind of "disco" like? Listen to that bass.

And yea. That guitar solo is boring. Im a fan of his work, but this is very unoriginal and uncreative.
  • i heard 'original fire' on the radio this morning.

two things i feel maybe might help:

1. get rid of brendan o'brien.

2. get a new guitarist.

as weird as this will sound, it sounded typically audioslave. and that is nothing new. and that is nothing to rave about. i hope the rest of the album doesn't sound like this. oh and hello! tom morello solo. give it a rest will ya. :(

I agree 100%. I think the new song sucks arse. It's boring and typical. Morello's solos are becoming very boring. He sometimes goes way overboad with the effects. Yeah I know it's his trademark but it's just boring.
  • i heard 'original fire' on the radio this morning.

2. get a new guitarist.

as weird as this will sound, it sounded typically audioslave. and that is nothing new. and that is nothing to rave about. i hope the rest of the album doesn't sound like this. oh and hello! tom morello solo. give it a rest will ya. :(

I agree 100%. I think the new song sucks arse. It's boring and typical. Morello's solos are becoming very boring. He sometimes goes way overboad with the effects. Yeah I know it's his trademark but it's just boring.
  • I say swap Morrello for Kim Thayil
  • ChillimanChilliman Posts: 18
    I heard Limp Buscuit are working on a new album!
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    Anyone have a rip of the song yet?
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I say swap Morrello for Kim Thayil

Swapping Brad Wilk out of the band is a much higher priority... someone just needs to tell Morello to ease up on the gimmicky solos that don't work with this kind of music.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Soujiro_SetaSoujiro_Seta Posts: 100
    I heard the song it wasnt great but it wasnt terrible. I dont hate or love it. But its still something id listen to. But im not crazy about it. Hope the rest of the album is better.
  • CuriousCurious Posts: 732
    Not a bad song, not great, I'm pretty indifferent to it mostly... except...

That solo sounds like a cartoon duck laughing!

It made me chuckle like nothing else has today.
    "The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
  • i just listened to it on my crappy laptop speakers, indeed, and which makes it even worse, i've got a fucking slow connection so i was not able to here it at once ;) ...but i like it because it's different and it rocks...yeah

and ok, chris' voice sounded better than on out of exile but we can't judge it by original fire (btw eddie's voice is not shot, somebody heared him sing release?)

and some people here have not noticed that sg and ratm are history

but i have to agree on morello...he is one of the best guitar players ever and he plays a pretty good solo...the same as in the last ten years ;)

p.s. if you think that i overrate this song or audioslave at all...well, i'm a woman and when i see chris cornell everything else is not that important anymore ;)
    "now i've got room to spread my wings and my messages of love...yeah love was my drug but that's not what i died of"

"I don't wanna think, I wanna feel"

"Go then, there are other worlds than these!" - Jake Chambers

09/02/2005 Vancouver
    09/23/2006 Berlin
    06/21/2007 Düsseldorf
  • Needs more cowbell :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Curious wrote:

LOL yeah I just heard that! I cracked up too. It sounds like Donald Duck.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Curious wrote:

it does. my grandfather used to imitate donald duck. sounds similiar.
    i think i would like this song after hearing it 10x. this was my first.
    i prefer sound garden's music though.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • I agree about the Donald Duck comment... The solo isn't ridiculously awful or anything, but it definitely doesn't fit the song. As a whole, the song is OK, but I'm not all that pumped up about it.

As far as the voice goes, both Ed and Chris have some serious vocal wear, but Cornell's voice sounded nearly shot in the recordings I heard from the last Audioslave tour. Ed can basically sing the entirety of the Pearl Jam catalog, even if his performances aren't nearly as smooth as what they were 10 years ago. Judging from the few recordings I've heard, I don't think that Cornell could even do half of the Soundgarden/Temple catalog. Hell, even back in 03, he sounded awful when he came out and did Hunger Strike with PJ. Unless he was just going through a rough patch and his voice makes a comeback this tour, I think he really needs to start thinking about leaving Audioslave and doing something that doesn't shred his voice like that, at least if he wants to be performing 10 years down the line.
    Spectrum 4/28/03
    State College 5/3/03
    Camden 7/5/03
    Camden 7/6/03

makes much more sense
    to live in the present tense
  • Ed can basically sing the entirety of the Pearl Jam catalog, even if his performances aren't nearly as smooth as what they were 10 years ago. Judging from the few recordings I've heard, I don't think that Cornell could even do half of the Soundgarden/Temple catalog..

Singing the Pearl Jam catalogue is one thing but doing Soundgarden stuff especially Bandmotorfinger era is quite another. I doubt Veddar could have sung any of those songs even ten years ago, and that is not to denigrate him. The reality is that those songs are extremely difficult to sing by anyone, but I do think we can rule out a Soundgarden reunion.
    One way to end your career: sing early SG songs with the correct pitch 5 nights in a row every week for one month.

Have you guys noticed that the mixing is actually terrible? Chris, based on the pictures of the video shoot, claps in some parts. You can only hear it if you boost the 4-16kHz range of your equalizer. Try it on your media player.

Laughing guitar comment + Donald Duck comment = *gas pains until tomorrow*
    well, i'm a woman and when i see chris cornell everything else is not that important anymore ;)

His looks are illegal, I tell you.

Matt, stop trying *rofl*
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/mike_s_6/sg/loser4.jpg

Mariah, is that you? *sniggers*
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/mike_s_6/sg/chris1qm.jpg

I want to see more of this *thumbs up*:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/mike_s_6/sg/CC3047.jpg

These pics make me feel nostalgic... :(
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i like the song....i dont like the solo.....and i dont think Cornell sounds bad...this is just his 'raw voice'....i mean come on, the guys in his 40s and hes been screaming, smoking, and drinking for 20 years. i think he still sounds damn good just different.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I thought the song was pretty boring. I loved the last 2 albums so this is pretty disappointing for me.

The bassline is the best part of the song. really cool and funky
    Chris sounds ok, but he can definitely do better.
    Toms solo is Dire and doesn't fit at all. He needs to do something new.
    Brad is the drummer.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Brad is the drummer.

:D
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    i heard 'original fire' on the radio this morning.

I don't think it is Brendan O'Brien's fault they write shitty songs. Brendan is the man.
  • Oh no, this is absolutely true, but they're working with the talents that they were given. Ed sings within his range, and Chris sings within his. I'm just saying that Chris's voice has weathered his run worse than Ed's has.
    Singing the Pearl Jam catalogue is one thing but doing Soundgarden stuff especially Bandmotorfinger era is quite another. I doubt Veddar could have sung any of those songs even ten years ago, and that is not to denigrate him. The reality is that those songs are extremely difficult to sing by anyone, but I do think we can rule out a Soundgarden reunion.
    Spectrum 4/28/03
    State College 5/3/03
    Camden 7/5/03
    Camden 7/6/03

makes much more sense
    to live in the present tense