Listen to Audioslave's Original Fire...

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited July 2006 in Other Music
...http://www.audioslave.com or http://www.myspace.com/audioslave

It's pretty different sounding, very funky - remember to crank it up loud boys and girls!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    ...http://www.audioslave.com or http://www.myspace.com/audioslave

It's pretty different sounding, very funky - remember to crank it up loud boys and girls!!

Thanks for the link, sounds good.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    :eek: Fuck me...this is better than I was expecting.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    umm....yes!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Hmm... thanks a lot Club Audiophiles for not telling me about this... grr...

Anyway, it sounds alright. Not terribly interesting, but what I would expect from a radio single, I suppose. Thanks for the link!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    well, I just heard it and smiled throughout......guess ya just can't please everyone......
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i heard 'original fire' on the radio this morning.

two things i feel maybe might help:

1. get rid of brendan o'brien.

2. get a new guitarist.

as weird as this will sound, it sounded typically audioslave. and that is nothing new. and that is nothing to rave about. i hope the rest of the album doesn't sound like this. oh and hello! tom morello solo. give it a rest will ya. :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    i
    2. get a new guitarist.
    (

that's funny, even if audioslave has been the personification of a dissapointment Morello still rules-also am I the only one who thinks Cornell's voice is shot? I like the song or at least the minute and a half I heard but his voice sounds like ass
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    also am I the only one who thinks Cornell's voice is shot?

Nope, I agree with you 100%. People kept saying how great he sounded in Out of Exile, but I never understood it. Listen to Out of Exile and then listen to Badmotorfinger or Temple of the Dog. Difference is night and day. Age will do that, I suppose.

He's not a bad singer though, but age has taken away his ability to turn heads with his voice.
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    DOSW wrote:
    it sounds alright. Not terribly interesting, but what I would expect from a radio single, I suppose.

totally agree. i won't be buying this though...their last album was so disappointing compared to their first. i just didn't like the sound/style change.

...and in comes the 15 second "funky" tom morello solo...so predictable...it worked with rage, but just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of what they are trying to do with this band.
    Damn that chorus is repetitive... the verses are pretty cool, but the chorus is killing me.

But like I said before, it's the repetitive, stuck-in-your-head quality (which I hate) that makes it a radio single. Hopefully the rest will be better.
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    I listened to this about 3 times. The beat and the chorus was ringing in my head this morning o__O
  • bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    complaints about tom morello solo's now?!?!?
  • Obscured1Obscured1 Posts: 56
    bluemonkey wrote:
    Brutal solo, complete HACK job (is Morello tryin to hard?). I like the song, it has a catchy funky groove, but Tom's solo isn't working for me. The solo doesn't fit, i am sure they know this, but...
    The solo is also out of place. Sounds like you're partying in one room, went out and then went back in again.
  • NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    also am I the only one who thinks Cornell's voice is shot?
    How come you never complain about Eds voice being shot. Eds has got worse than Chris.
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Nevermind wrote:
    How come you never complain about Eds voice being shot. Eds has got worse than Chris.

K, go shoot yourself now.

This song is pretty good. Chris' voice isn't as good as before, but it isn't as bad as people say it is. People just like to complain about everything. The solo is pretty weird, but the song itself is alright. Tom Morello still kicks ass though, so you guys can go to hell.

I hope the rest is better.
  • NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    Why dont you go fuck yourself. I can have my opinion. And if you compare something like Black from 92 and Black from 05 or 06 you can tell his voice is shot worse than Cornells.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I enjoyed the first Audioslave album but never got into the second. This song just isn't grabbing me. I don't know what it is but the chorus seems monotonous to me.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    its ok, radio friendly bleh.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Did we all just listen on crappy laptop speakers? I did and the song sucked :)

I didn't even notice the solo til I read all the comments, it has become std for AS to use funky sounding solos to the point I don't even pay attention.

One thing this song has going for it is the use of the guitar to drive a beat, very percussion sounding through the chorus. This would be a good concert song for the diehards.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
    His voice is just as shot as "Exploder" is, but the rest of the self-titled album wasn't. We'll have to wait for the rest of the album and see. BTW, he CAN'T sing in this condition for his solo album. He has to rest his voice, even just for the recording!
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    Sweet!!! when does this new AC/DC album come out?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    ^ Lol!
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Well, I listened to it twice with my high quality headphones, and its just OK.

It sounds like Tom Morello is laughing at his own guitar solo... with his guitar solo.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    bluemonkey wrote:

yeah i got a complaint.
    i've been listening to tom for 14 years and it just doesn't cut it anymore. there was a time when he ruled but no longer. we know he can do that shit. time the old dog learnt a new trick. in it's current headspace, audioslave doesn't lend itself to RATM freakouts.
    and i agree cornell's voice is shot.
    i just hope this song isn't indicative of the album.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    The thing I noticed with Cornell when I saw Audioslave 3 nights in a row last summer (ok I was excited to hear the different Temple of the dog/soundgarden songs) was that whilst at times he struggled and strained to be heard over the rest of the band, when it came to just him and an acoustic guitar, he sounded as amazing as ever, clear and strong, and able to hit much higher notes than he was during the main set. I think on the new single he's trying to sound different, I know he said he was going for a more bluesy souful approach and to me, that is how it sounds. According to early reviews, the album features some of his best vocals in years.
  • depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    the song is really cool! i can't wait to hear more stuff!! :D
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    It's not their best but i still like it. Can't wait for chris' solo album. Hope audiolsave come europe next year.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • cornell's voice sounds better than it has recently. the song is catchy, i dont mind it. does sound a bit different to past audioslave which is cool. the solo is meh, im over the whole 'im a dj with a guitar' solo's, they all sound the same.

i wait in anticipation.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    New Cornell Album?!?!?!?!?!
    WHEN?!

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07