Kurt would have turned 40 today

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Wow, it seems like a life time ago since he died. Happy Birthday Kurt wherever you may be.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I see
  • Too bad he killed himself years ago. Do birthdays still carry any significance after you die? Kind of ironic if they do.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • To me it's just a reminder of how quick life moves on, he was only 27 when he died, when your in your 20's 40 seems ages away.
  • Too bad he killed himself years ago. Do birthdays still carry any significance after you die? Kind of ironic if they do.

well the media is always banging on about how old john lennon or freddie mercury would have been. i guess they still enjoy counting even after someone has passed.
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    He was a gift to this world.......too bad it crushed him

and It makes me sick that so many on this board feel otherwise

Happy birthday Mighty KC
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Brainofdz wrote:

Happy birthday Mighty KC

Right on.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Cobain was cool
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Brainofdz wrote:

Happy birthday Mighty KC

How can you call someone mighty who was weak enough to kill himself? I don't care how much you "hate your popularity." There is just no excuse for it.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • How can you call someone mighty who was weak enough to kill himself? I don't care how much you "hate your popularity." There is just no excuse for it.

Plenty of people kill themselves. Think about it, you would have to be in a state of exceptional emotional anguish to do such a thing, add to that an out of control heroin addicition and the inability to cope with being a celebrity. It wasn't a surprise it happened. But, he did make some incredible music, and did help change an entire generation of music, whilst wiping out the shitty hair metal of the 80's, which is pretty damn impressive in my book.
  • Plenty of people kill themselves. Think about it, you would have to be in a state of exceptional emotional anguish to do such a thing, add to that an out of control heroin addicition and the inability to cope with being a celebrity. It wasn't a surprise it happened. But, he did make some incredible music, and did help change an entire generation of music, whilst wiping out the shitty hair metal of the 80's, which is pretty damn impressive in my book.

Yeah, but the mighty ones survive that shit. They don't give up and blow their brains out. I mean, its just music. Its not like he fed starving children and created world peace. He killed himself cause he was famous. How weak.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Yeah, but the mighty ones survive that shit. They don't give up and blow their brains out. I mean, its just music. Its not like he fed starving children and created world peace. He killed himself cause he was famous. How weak.

yeh i dont get how he couldn't cope with being famous???? and to such an extent to kill yourself?

just dont get that one
  • I BrisK I wrote:
    yeh i dont get how he couldn't cope with being famous???? and to such an extent to kill yourself?

just dont get that one

maybe cus thats not all that was wrong?

plus the conspiracies that he was murdered
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    it just makes me sad. what a waste.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • maybe cus thats not all that was wrong?

plus the conspiracies that he was murdered

There is a conspiracy for everything. The man is dead *most likely* because of suicide. Fine, whatever makes you happy. But bottom line is that his birthday is now irrelevant. I like Nirvana, but I would love to never hear about Cobain again.

People talk about Princess Di, Elvis, Joey and Dee Dee Ramone and many others on their birthdays all the time. Ya know that holiday that we had yesterday? That was a celebration of not only our presidents but...whoa, our two most famous presidents' birthdays!!
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Yeah, but the mighty ones survive that shit. They don't give up and blow their brains out. I mean, its just music. Its not like he fed starving children and created world peace. He killed himself cause he was famous. How weak.

B/c you know exactly what he went through...before and during his tenure in the spotlight. How do you know you wouldn't do the same thing? I'm sure your response will be "b/c i'm not weak like that pussy" or something brilliant like that. Whatever. Until you go through what he did, you have no room to talk imo.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    B/c you know exactly what he went through...before and during his tenure in the spotlight. How do you know you wouldn't do the same thing? I'm sure your response will be "b/c i'm not weak like that pussy" or something brilliant like that. Whatever. Until you go through what he did, you have no room to talk imo.

That might be true, but it can still be true and only be something that someone weak does.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • People talk about Princess Di, Elvis, Joey and Dee Dee Ramone and many others on their birthdays all the time. Ya know that holiday that we had yesterday? That was a celebration of not only our presidents but...whoa, our two most famous presidents' birthdays!!

I am sorry. Did you just compare a 90's musician to the president? Damn, I forgot I was talking about the grunge god himself, Mr. Cobain. But seriously, I don't think you understand my point. None of those people killed themselves!!!
  • B/c you know exactly what he went through...before and during his tenure in the spotlight. How do you know you wouldn't do the same thing? I'm sure your response will be "b/c i'm not weak like that pussy" or something brilliant like that. Whatever. Until you go through what he did, you have no room to talk imo.

I don't care what he went through. He didn't like being famous and did drugs. No fucking reason to off yourself. I would love to be famous. If he didn't like it, he should have stopped making albums.
  • RIP Kurt. Thanks for some of my favorite songs.
  • Do birthdays still carry any significance after you die?

Yes, no matter who you are.

"She fell funny"

• I don't care what he went through. He didn't like being famous and did drugs. No fucking reason to off yourself. I would love to be famous. If he didn't like it, he should have stopped making albums.

I'd love to see you get famous. If you were famous i would get to laugh at you spouting off to reporters and the public the way you're spouting off in here. It'd be great!! So good luck! :D

"She fell funny"

• Killing himself when he had a child makes him not only a grade a pussy, but also a selfish fuck. Who knows how fucked up that kid will be with courtney as her role model
  • Yes, no matter who you are.

I am not trying to seem like a heartless ass or anything like that, it's just kinda morbid to celebrate the birthday of someone who is dead. How about we make Mr. Cobain a cake. We could all wear those fun little hats and sing that wonderful birthday song.
  • Killing himself when he had a child makes him not only a grade a pussy, but also a selfish fuck. Who knows how fucked up that kid will be with courtney as her role model

Actually those who know their daughter have said how remarkably grounded and normal she is.

People think they know everything just from what they get in the media, but there is a whole other side to everything.

I hate how a completely innocent thread, which to me was just a point of reflection, can turn into a character assassination.

Completely agree. Just because someone makes good/decent music, doesn't mean he should be a fucking hero. The guy was a douche.

Cause having a heroin addict father suffering from extreme clinical depression would be such a positive influence?
  • Actually those who know their daughter have said how remarkably grounded and normal she is.

People think they know everything just from what they get in the media, but there is a whole other side to everything.

I hate how a completely innocent thread, which to me was just a point of reflection, can turn into a character assassination.

If it was a thread on someone who hadn't assassinated his own character this wouldn't happen. I mean, I love Layne Staley, but in truth he was nothing more than a sad junkie who made good music. People need to face these facts and realize that some stuff just doesn't need the attention anymore.
  • http://www.cobaincase.com/index.htm

^^^ Can everyone who calls "suicide" please just look at this? I don't care if it changes your opinion, just be open to the conspiracy that could be true. It's actually a pretty freaky read.
  • danny72688 wrote:
    http://www.cobaincase.com/index.htm

^^^ Can everyone who calls "suicide" please just look at this? I don't care if it changes your opinion, just be open to the conspiracy that could be true. It's actually a pretty freaky read.

Interesting, but it seems a bit biased. But its worthy of a look.