Chris Cornell thinks he is The Fonz!

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Imagine how weirded out people would be if, instead of going hip-hop/r'n'b, Cornell went 50's rock n' roll. :p

On a serious note, Chris needs to stop having stylists.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    the hell is that from?
    I'm glad we didn't have to see the designer jeans!
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I think it's the artwork for his new single! I would feel embarrassed buying that in the shop!
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    That's hilarious. On a brighter note it means we might be seeing some dort of release soon. Hope its not as bad as everyone is predicting.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • I think it's the artwork for his new single! I would feel embarrassed buying that in the shop!

You can still buy singles in shops!?!?!? :eek:
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    You can still buy singles in shops!?!?!? :eek:

Lol, actually you can, I got the You Know My Name one from hmv or somewhere like that: http://991.com/newGallery/Chris-Cornell-You-Know-My-Name-382185.jpg

It looks more like the kind of cover Enrique Eglasias (sp?) would have!
  • Lol, actually you can, I got the You Know My Name one from hmv or somewhere like that: http://991.com/newGallery/Chris-Cornell-You-Know-My-Name-382185.jpg

It looks more like the kind of cover Enrique Eglasias (sp?) would have!

Quelle surprise, huh? :p I know it's too soon to judge his new work one way or another, but seriously Chris... stop trying so hard with the studio shoots. Leave looking like a teen heart-throb (I sound like I'm 50 years old) to JT and Enrique.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Sadly, I read that he recently cancelled a show at Arnold's to attend a fancy party for some of Mr.C's biggest hardware store customers...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    thats too funny
    Quelle surprise, huh? :p I know it's too soon to judge his new work one way or another, but seriously Chris... stop trying so hard with the studio shoots. Leave looking like a teen heart-throb (I sound like I'm 50 years old) to JT and Enrique.

In all fairness though he was highly styled even back when Euphoria Morning came out, when he went in for that Dave Navarro kind of look with all the make up and shit.
  • It is indeed a sad state of affairs.
  • In all fairness though he was highly styled even back when Euphoria Morning came out, when he went in for that Dave Navarro kind of look with all the make up and shit.

That was different - that was arthouse pretentiousness, not pretty-boy pussy-nessnessness! :p But yeah, fair point - he's always been a bit more fashionista than most of the Seattle scene.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    DeLukin wrote:
    Sadly, I read that he recently cancelled a show at Arnold's to attend a fancy party for some of Mr.C's biggest hardware store customers...
    awesome!
    Did they have chips and dip?
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    He is such a douchebag.
  • godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    In all fairness though he was highly styled even back when Euphoria Morning came out, when he went in for that Dave Navarro kind of look with all the make up and shit.

At least this is better than the look he had for the first Audioslave album. WTF was up with the whole orange skin thing??? Did he OD on tanning products???
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
    godpt3 wrote:
    At least this is better than the look he had for the first Audioslave album. WTF was up with the whole orange skin thing??? Did he OD on tanning products???

He did live in LA at the time, some people just tan really easily I guess....
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    Not only is he a douchebag, but he is also a tool.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Jellyrolls wrote:

He's always struck me as a kind of nice guy, bar that jeans thing which I understand wasn't his fault.
  • he's wearing a leather jacket.

the ramones fucking rode that image till the end of their career.

big damn deal what he wears. what is this, a hairmetal review?
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
    he's wearing a leather jacket.

the ramones fucking rode that image till the end of their career.

big damn deal what he wears. what is this, a hairmetal review?

No, it's a joke, geez.........
  • Vitalogy7Vitalogy7 Posts: 75
    Lmao... one different image of Cornell, and everyone goes nuts about how much of a jerk he is.
    Kind of stupid eh?
    Anyway, he's still a cool dude in my opinion.
    "Up here so high the sky I scrape,
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest,
    Just like innocence."
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Vitalogy7 wrote:

Obviously you haven't heard his new music.
  • Igottago wrote:
    Obviously you haven't heard his new music.

last i checked, no one had.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Posts: 1,028
    Vitalogy7 wrote:
    Lmao... one different image of Cornell, and everyone goes nuts about how much of a jerk he is.
    Kind of stupid eh?
    i like cornell, but he is making it more and more hard to be a fan. . .thie horrible song with timbaland, the jeans ad, the pretty boy shit. . .he needs to cut that shit out
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    His best incarnation is still shirtless with capris and docs like in Singles! :D
  • PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 Posts: 596
    How come solo artists always have their face as the cover?
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    last i checked, no one had.
    amen! shutup bitches!

they dress good in europe... im sure hes under alot of pressure to not stick out like a stupid american :p
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Jellyrolls wrote:

Based on what, a photo? You sound like a tool.

On a brighter note the 'stache is comming back circa 1994.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

looks a tad prince caspian to me. hope he can still sing. ;):)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say