Led Zeppelin Reunion is On

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I hope this is true but with the source being a fan who claims he chatted with him; well it’s not exactly official.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • as i have been say for the last week, its definitely on.
    i think the date is nov 26, pete townshend is playing, also paulo nutini, a few others as well but cant remember.
    the website will gone live in the next couple of weeks, and its a ballot system to get tickets.
    Thats all i know at the moment
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Eh, what does it matter? They're not going to be anywhere close to what they used to be. I mean really, people.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DOSW wrote:
    Eh, what does it matter? They're not going to be anywhere close to what they used to be. I mean really, people.

Uhhh so what?
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • YEAH i for one will just keep my memory intact of the band as i saw them twice i don't wan't to be cringing at that site .......sorry but not for me
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Uhhh so what?

1. The music won't be as good as it used to be.
    2. The crowd won't be as good as they used to be.
    3. No Bonzo.

I really don't see how this is much different from the various Page/Plant reunions that have popped up.
  • DOSW wrote:
    3. No Bonzo.

I really don't see how this is much different from the various Page/Plant reunions that have popped up.

Think about fans like me where LZ is one of your favorite top 3 bands of all time, and you never saw them live because you grew up in the wrong era
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • I'm curious as to how he's gonna sing a lot of those songs, last time I heard him he barely had any of the range of his early years.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    I saw him open for the who a few years ago
    and his voice, while not shot, is a far cry from what it used to be

that said, id pay to see jimmy page live in all his face lifted glory
    if hes got 1/3 of his chops, it would still be worth seeing
  • one show for charity is hardly much of a reunion. they've done this sort of thing before. i think for live aid for africa and the atlantic records anniversary thing. no big surprise but it would be cool to go see. of course it's not going to be young zep but it's still plant, jones and page which would be awesome.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • DOSW wrote:

Thank you, Exactly what I'm thinking I'd honestly rather just stay home save 150 dollars and just listen to How the West was won.
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Think about fans like me where LZ is one of your favorite top 3 bands of all time, and you never saw them live because you grew up in the wrong era

Exactley. I would love to see Zep live just once. I don't care if they're not what they used to be. It's still ZEPPELIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    Exactley. I would love to see Zep live just once. I don't care if they're not what they used to be. It's still ZEPPELIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only in your mind, young apprentice.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    one show for charity is hardly much of a reunion. they've done this sort of thing before. i think for live aid for africa and the atlantic records anniversary thing. no big surprise but it would be cool to go see. of course it's not going to be young zep but it's still plant, jones and page which would be awesome.

Wasn't the Live aid performance generally considered to be a train wreck?
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • mrwalkerb wrote:
    Wasn't the Live aid performance generally considered to be a train wreck?
    i don't know was it? phil collins was the drummer i remember that much and i only saw it on t.v. and sound always sucks on t.v. back in the day it was even worse.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • DOSW wrote:
    3. No Bonzo.

might get Bonzo's son though
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213

that's a you thing.
  • Rumours are cream are playin aswell, that would be an amazing show to be at, Robert Plant is still fuckin amazing live its page who has lost it a little, If they dont sound completely shit then im sure a full tour would be in order, i think its only a once off in the event that they do sound shit and the tour would flop
  • seriously dude?
    one charity event.
    i thought they were going to do a full on reunion with a tour...im bummed.
    Adge
    12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Rumours are cream are playin aswell, that would be an amazing show to be at, Robert Plant is still fuckin amazing live its page who has lost it a little, If they dont sound completely shit then im sure a full tour would be in order, i think its only a once off in the event that they do sound shit and the tour would flop

Bingo!

From the previous thread
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Heard this talked about on the radio here this morning as well.......speculation that they could be testing the water for an upcomming world tour!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • I'm guessing tix in the 80-300 dollar range for a couple of guys who were part of something great 40 years ago...I think I'll pass..they're not what they once were.
    "It's all happening"
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    might get Bonzo's son though

ummmm indeed ! ;)

sounds an interesting show :)

**cough cough**

look at this http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=188479892
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • It will still be a rock and roll concert people! Have some faith.

http://www.myspace.com/ramon1972
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    i am in chicago on business today and i heard about this on the radio as well....They did not say it was going to be a full tour, but a one off show for charity...

I think if they got back together for a tour, it would by far be the largest grossing tour in HISTORY....Far bigger than ANY Rolling Stones tour... they could charge whatever they wanted, and people would pay the price to see Zepplin again...it has been way to long for a band that has all original members but the drummer not to tour...If Queen can tour without the most noticable missing member, i am sure Zepplin can do it as well.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • NME is always full of shit, dont be so gullible
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • I seen Page/Plant in 98. Plant couldn't hold a candle to his former self, and really there are few who can. One thing he can do is sorta rearrange the melodies a bit to suit his present range. I am not sayin it was the greatest show ever played, but the 2 together have a certain kinda magic. Add JPJ and they could pull off something truly badass. Jones gets lost in the shuffle, in talk of great bassists, but has there ever been a bass player so willing to serve a song. I can't imagine anybody else in Zeppelin. Bonzo's son worries me. If you ask me they should get someone that worshipped at the throne of Bonzo(Danny Carey, Dave Grohl) instead of the the crown prince.

It's not gonna be Zeppelin, but no one is expecting that. I honestly don't think they can pull it together as good as Floyd did at Live 8. But if the MIGHTY ZEPPELIN wants to fly again then, in my humble opinion, then that just about kicks maximum ass.
  • Dave Grohl would be my first pick for drummer, but Jason Bonham has more "right".

I'd go, and I'd pay for a premium seat in the house as well.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Dave Grohl would be my first pick for drummer, but Jason Bonham has more "right".

I'd go, and I'd pay for a premium seat in the house as well.

Why does he have more right. Maybe if he woulda spent more time practicing, he would have the right. Dave Grohl has wet dreams about playing with Zeppelin, so you know he would bring it. Or, as I mentioned Danny Carey, I know it's not possible, but nobody brings down the hammer of the gods like him and Bonzo.
  • What about Cameron. He has all the odd time signatures.
    What about Cameron. He has all the odd time signatures.

Nah. Grohl would be really good. He would be closer to Bonzo's big sound.