Brad Delp Found Dead. (Singer of Boston)

2»

Comments

• BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    adam42381 wrote:
    Sad to see this story. Still put on a great live show back in 2003 when I took my dad. I guess the official webpage sums it all up: We've just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll.

http://www.bandboston.com/

yep:( he really was so kind.

the statement from his family today said donations can go in his name to the American Heart Association... so I'm assuming he had a heart attack :(
  • QballQball Posts: 283
    I met Brad Delp a few times and he was a local guy. Thats what made him great. He was an everyday Joe that use to sell out arenas but you would never know it from talking to him. He was more interested in your story than telling his own. I was never a huge boston fan but after meeting him it was hard not to like them. He knew music and he loved it. He wasnt a snob and would never turn down an autograph or a handshake. Very humble...RIP and heaven just got another great singer and musician.
    Qball wrote:
    I met Brad Delp a few times and he was a local guy. Thats what made him great. He was an everyday Joe that use to sell out arenas but you would never know it from talking to him. He was more interested in your story than telling his own. I was never a huge boston fan but after meeting him it was hard not to like them. He knew music and he loved it. He wasnt a snob and would never turn down an autograph or a handshake. Very humble...RIP and heaven just got another great singer and musician.

Exactly. you said it all better than I did.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    evenflow82 wrote:
    Wrong. You're thinking of 'Carry On My Wayward Son' by Kansas. Ed mentions his uke is called 'Carry On' and how Mike wants to play 'Carry On My Wayward Son.' Boston never wrote or performed that song.

Mike has quoted 'More than a Feeling' on the outtro of Ledbetter once or twice, I think. Boston in 00 got it, I think.

I was in high school between 97 and 01 and I spun so much Boston it was ridiculous. Something about that album just makes me think of good times and working my high school job at the movie theatre. At 24, I still listen
    to them occasionally (I have 35GBs of music). Great band and a great loss...
    My mistake. I feel like a douche. Thanks for correct the info! I had them both completely confused.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    yep:( he really was so kind.

the statement from his family today said donations can go in his name to the American Heart Association... so I'm assuming he had a heart attack :(

I just ran across this on Yahoo News. Really shocked to see this.

Family: Brad Delp's death was suicide (13 minutes ago)

The family of Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, said his death was a suicide.

In a statement relayed Wednesday through police, the family gave no other details of the 55-year-old Delp's death at his Atkinson home Friday. Police have said his fiancee, Pamela Sullivan, found him there.

"He was a man who gave all he had to give to everyone around him, whether family, friends, fans or strangers," the statement said. "He gave as long as he could, as best he could, and he was very tired. We take comfort in knowing that he is now, at last, at peace."

The statement said Sullivan, Delp's children and his mother, Micki Delp, were grateful for the sympathy they had received.

Copyright © 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Copyright © 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
    Questions or Comments
    Privacy Policy -Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Ad Feedback
    I can't beleive this either.:( I honestly would have NEVER expected this. I got the biggest knot in my stomach as soon as i read this. He was such a kind warm guy..:(

Dollpartz wrote:
    I just ran across this on Yahoo News. Really shocked to see this.

Family: Brad Delp's death was suicide (13 minutes ago)

The family of Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, said his death was a suicide.

In a statement relayed Wednesday through police, the family gave no other details of the 55-year-old Delp's death at his Atkinson home Friday. Police have said his fiancee, Pamela Sullivan, found him there.

"He was a man who gave all he had to give to everyone around him, whether family, friends, fans or strangers," the statement said. "He gave as long as he could, as best he could, and he was very tired. We take comfort in knowing that he is now, at last, at peace."

The statement said Sullivan, Delp's children and his mother, Micki Delp, were grateful for the sympathy they had received.

Copyright © 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Copyright © 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
    Questions or Comments
    Privacy Policy -Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Ad Feedback