Brad Delp Found Dead. (Singer of Boston)

LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
edited March 2007 in Other Music
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/40689307

Maybe not right forum, but wanted to share.
Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Holy Shit!! 55?! Damn that's kinda young!!! Man that really really sucks for Boston fans...they had some cool songs IMO but never knew much about the group...sad...
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    it's more than a feelin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    RIP.

Saw these guys in 1979. They put on a great show.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    this is sad news. I used to listen to Boston when I was in high school :(
    I feel like I'm going to barf now.

may he rest in peace
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    My dad really liked Boston and I grew up listening to them.

This is a great loss. RIP Brad.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Very sad. Boston was one of my faves back in the day.
    Just me
  • Oh man, Boston was one of the very very first rock bands I listened to. They helped me discover real music in my early high school years. I still love that album....what a great album! He had a great 70s rock voice. I hear he was a good guy too. Rest easy brother.
  • brainofjbbrainofjb Posts: 381
    very sad news
    he is my old roomate's cousin.

will be going to the wake this week

RIP BRAD :(
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • PJfanPAPJfanPA Posts: 130
    Man that is a bummer! I have been into Boston since I was a little kid! RIP BRAD
    09/02/00 04/28/03 07/05/03 07/06/03 07/12/03 10/01/04 10/03/05 05/13/06 05/27/06 05/28/06 06/01/06 06/03/06
  • tstonetstone Posts: 28
    I bought Boston I on vinyl in 77 or 78 when I was ten years old. It was my first album. I wore it out, bought another copy, and then later replaced that with the cd. A truly great guitar band. Tom Scholz may have the mastermind behind the band but the sound would never have been the same without Brad Delp. He will be missed but always remembered.
    1/95 DC, 7/95 Chicago, 9/95 Austin, 9/96 Columbia, 10/96 Charlotte, Charleston, 9/98 Va Bch, Columbia, 8/00 Va Bch., 9/00 Columbia, 7/03 Bristow, 10/04 Asheville, DC, 5/06 DC, 9/06 Bologna, Verona, 4/08 Ed in Santa Cruz, 6/08 Columbia, SC, Va. Bch, 6/22 and 8/08 Ed in DC.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    i found this on myspace. i wanted to see a recent pic of him :(
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2013917384
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    that is so sad, he was way too young. boston was such a huge sound in the 70's, lots of good memories.....RIP
  • JamMastaEJamMastaE Posts: 444
    R.I.P. DUDE!!

their drummer(Boston),used to be the drummer for my fathers band back in the day before Boston got big.something about a Boston song just takes ya back to the '70s.
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot". Mark Twain

"I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees."
    Emiliano Zapata
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    he's dead, jim.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Who's Boston??? j/k
    I'll be back
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    That's sad, and this is how their official site has responded:

http://www.bandboston.com/
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Sad news.
    I saw Boston in Chicago when I was a teenager. My first rock concert. They had such a unique sound. Loved them.
    a snowflake falls in May
  • For those that replied they didnt know who Boston was, I emplore you to go out to itunes or something and see. Bands like Pearl Jam and especially Smashing Pumpkins were obviously influenced by this band. The layered guitar sound was invented practically by them. I'm sure Mike McCready was influenced by their sound.

Big loss for fans of music....not just classic radio rock. And from a local standpoint (being from MA), in the 70's-80's they were HUGE! I think of them before any band when thinking about the Boston music scene (incl. Aerosmith).
  • tstone wrote:
    I bought Boston I on vinyl in 77 or 78 when I was ten years old. It was my first album. I wore it out, bought another copy, and then later replaced that with the cd. A truly great guitar band. Tom Scholz may have the mastermind behind the band but the sound would never have been the same without Brad Delp. He will be missed but always remembered.

My first record as well, also replaced it with a cd as the years went by.

really loved this band when I was in school,very talented guys.

Brad will be missed.
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down
  • thats a shame
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    For those that replied they didnt know who Boston was, I emplore you to go out to itunes or something and see. Bands like Pearl Jam and especially Smashing Pumpkins were obviously influenced by this band.
    EDIT: I am an Idiot.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,445
    Not to downplay anything, but Ed has knocked them a few times. Maybe Mike has a soft spot (Orlando show '03 where he goes into rift and Ed says there's no fucking way he'll sing that). Boston was a very corporate influenced band, BUT,.. that doesn't mean the lead singer was any less of a man. R.I.P.
    do you know what exactly ED said about them???

just curious...............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    do you know what exactly ED said about them???

just curious...............
    EDIT: I'm thinking of Kansas.. my bad.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Wasn't Boston's first album the highest selling debut album of all time?
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    If you can find the House of Blues show from Orlando, after one of the songs, Mike goes into a riff, and Ed acts of joking disgust saying in along the lines of there's no way he's gonna allow that to be played. I think it was around Hide You're love Away and Blue, Red and Grey.

Wrong. You're thinking of 'Carry On My Wayward Son' by Kansas. Ed mentions his uke is called 'Carry On' and how Mike wants to play 'Carry On My Wayward Son.' Boston never wrote or performed that song.

Mike has quoted 'More than a Feeling' on the outtro of Ledbetter once or twice, I think. Boston in 00 got it, I think.

I was in high school between 97 and 01 and I spun so much Boston it was ridiculous. Something about that album just makes me think of good times and working my high school job at the movie theatre. At 24, I still listen
    to them occasionally (I have 35GBs of music). Great band and a great loss...
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I am very saddened to hear of Delp's death. Boston was one of my favorite band in the late 70's. Their concert in Carbondale, Illinois was only the 2nd rock concert that I had ever attended and it was great. I'll never forget it. A friend drove several of us to C'dale - about 60 miles from our home town. We were in high school and not old enough to drink. We went to a pizza place before the show and the waitress found out we were going to the show and gave us free pitchers of Schlitz beer. I still listen to Boston occassionally - brings back memories.

RIP
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    "Gonna hitch a ride
    Head for the other side
    Leave it all behind
    Never change my mind
    Gonna sail away
    Sun lights another day
    Freedom on my mind
    Carry me away for the last time"
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    I mentioned this in a couple other threads yesterday, but I met Brad a few times during his Beatlejuice shows, and he was so nice and humble and totally a regular guy. He really loved music especially the Beatles, we talked about them for a while. The last time I met him was ealier this year after a show...there were some other people around getting autographs so he asked if I had anything I wanted signed and I said no and then we both started talking about how we didn't really care about autographs. He also mentioned how happy he is to see the younger generation getting into The Beatles and other classic rock.
    Really sad news:(
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    in the hands of god now
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Sad to see this story. Still put on a great live show back in 2003 when I took my dad. I guess the official webpage sums it all up: We've just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll.

http://www.bandboston.com/
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.