"The Real Thing"

2»

Comments

• elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    eleonora wrote:
    Wow, that`s could have been my dream... fnm and soundgarden playing in the same show and being in London haha.
    The brixton show... I remember when I bought it. I have it in Vhs.
    Did u see Faith no more in Pheonix? I have this show and it`s amazing!
    I only could see fnm here in Argentina 1995 when they were performing songs from the album king for a day with other bands like clawfinger, megadeth, ozzy...But obviously i only went to that show to see Mr Patton.
    After Angel Dust I just sorta forgot about them, saw them on tv once playing a new song, maybe around the King for a Day period, anyway I didnt like it. Many aussies Ive met who were around the same age as I (and probably yourself) loved FNM, thought of them as being 'theirs', they can be like that though, it's all the beer & sun.

Was Pheonix another vhs release? never saw it.
    Noticed that the FNM drummer with the dreads became ozzys' drummer.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    By FAR the best Faith No More song.....it's simply amazing.

Take a listen!

It is in my top five songs ever by any band. Amazing lyrics, music, everything!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    one of the best albums period

Zombie eaters slightly edges real Thing for me

Epic was the first song to mix metal and rap and be worth a shit
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    woodpecker from Mars
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • eleonoraeleonora Posts: 3,198
    elmer wrote:
    After Angel Dust I just sorta forgot about them, saw them on tv once playing a new song, maybe around the King for a Day period, anyway I didnt like it. Many aussies Ive met who were around the same age as I (and probably yourself) loved FNM, thought of them as being 'theirs', they can be like that though, it's all the beer & sun.

Was Pheonix another vhs release? never saw it.
    Noticed that the FNM drummer with the dreads became ozzys' drummer.
    Pheonix is a concert from 1997, and is a torrent, I think you`ve got to download it, I love that concert maybe is one of the last the band did.
    Patton is TERRIBLY mad but i like that:D.
    Being in London I think you`ve seen a lot of bands, Did you like bands like blur,happy mondays, and some manchester staff?
    " You, you are so special
    You have the talent to
    Make me feel like dirt
    And you, you use your
    Talent to dig me under
    And cover me with dirt.."
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Love The Real Thing, but it's Angel Dust all day for me. In my top 5 albums.
    Patton's voice is so much stronger, and it's just a sublime album in my opinion.

Few of you have mentioned some live FNM shows available for download. Can you recomend any shows in particular or the sites where they're available?!
    I'm not too good at all this net stuff, so I'll be looking forever !!!
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
    pirlo21 wrote:
    Love The Real Thing, but it's Angel Dust all day for me. In my top 5 albums.
    Patton's voice is so much stronger, and it's just a sublime album in my opinion.

Few of you have mentioned some live FNM shows available for download. Can you recomend any shows in particular or the sites where they're available?!
    I'm not too good at all this net stuff, so I'll be looking forever !!!
    You can find some stuff in the zomb tracker, there`s a lot there including the show they did in B.A , Argentina ;)
    You have the talent to
    Make me feel like dirt
    And you, you use your
    Talent to dig me under
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Cheers for that, I'll have a look.
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I found about 5 good high quality shows on zomb too. Well worth it, as they went straight to my Ipod.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    eleonora wrote:
    Pheonix is a concert from 1997, and is a torrent, I think you`ve got to download it, I love that concert maybe is one of the last the band did.
    Patton is TERRIBLY mad but i like that:D.
    Being in London I think you`ve seen a lot of bands, Did you like bands like blur,happy mondays, and some manchester staff?
    I'll try to get some of these shows then.

Seen a good few bands but mostly american 'grunge' was what I really enjoyed, dont mind some blur,stone roses but never liked the 'madchester' scene as it was known, have never listened to an oasis or blur album in full and their monkey swagger and attitude was/is a majot turn-off.

Loved The Smiths & Joy Division but they were before my time.

what you think of Soda Stereo? been recommended them by persons on here but.....Im not sure.
    elmer wrote:
    I'll try to get some of these shows then.

Seen a good few bands but mostly american 'grunge' was what I really enjoyed, dont mind some blur,stone roses but never liked the 'madchester' scene as it was known, have never listened to an oasis or blur album in full and their monkey swagger and attitude was/is a majot turn-off.

Loved The Smiths & Joy Division but they were before my time.

what you think of Soda Stereo? been recommended them by persons on here but.....Im not sure.
    haha!! So you know Soda Stereo, they are an argie band and I think they are good, now they`re playing through latin america , they did 5 concerts in River plate stadium with 75000 people for show. They started to play in the 80`s. I could say Soda stereo is one of the best bands in spanish you could listen to, not for being argies :D

WOW, I love the smiths, I could see Morrissey here in 2004, and his show was awesome..... and joy division... What can I say of that glorious band?... I could see new order last year here in my country, A show I`ll never forget.
    So you will know I admire brit pop ;)

The cure is another band I like , but I haven`t have the opportunity to see them yet.
    You have the talent to
    Make me feel like dirt
    And you, you use your
    Talent to dig me under
    eleonora wrote:
    haha!! So you know Soda Stereo, they are an argie band and I think they are good, now they`re playing through latin america , they did 5 concerts in River plate stadium with 75000 people for show. They started to play in the 80`s. I could say Soda stereo is one of the best bands in spanish you could listen to, not for being argies :D

WOW, I love the smiths, I could see Morrissey here in 2004, and his show was awesome..... and joy division... What can I say of that glorious band?... I could see new order last year here in my country, A show I`ll never forget.
    So you will know I admire brit pop ;)

The cure is another band I like , but I haven`t have the opportunity to see them yet.
    yeah the only Soda Stereo album I've so far listened to in full is Cancione Animale(not sure if Ive got that correct), also gotta Los Tres albums. Oh and a solo album with the Soda guy Gustavo Amati. Thing is, often the singers voices are not totally to my liking, that said I have'nt devoted much time to them. Dont mind songs by Ely Guerra, Venegas & Alejandro Sanz though they've all gone much into routine 'pop' with their recent music.
    what was the Carlos Tevez song like? I heard he had a hit in your land,find it amusing. suppose its on youtube somewhere.

The Cure are another Manchester band that i forgot, their 'Disintergration' record and other earlier ones I rate highly. How popular is Morrissey is Argentina?
    Do you know Gomez?not sure if their from manchester or what but they made a great album: Bring It On, in 98.
    elmer wrote:
    yeah the only Soda Stereo album I've so far listened to in full is Cancione Animale(not sure if Ive got that correct), also gotta Los Tres albums. Oh and a solo album with the Soda guy Gustavo Amati. Thing is, often the singers voices are not totally to my liking, that said I have'nt devoted much time to them. Dont mind songs by Ely Guerra, Venegas & Alejandro Sanz though they've all gone much into routine 'pop' with their recent music.
    what was the Carlos Tevez song like? I heard he had a hit in your land,find it amusing. suppose its on youtube somewhere.

The Cure are another Manchester band that i forgot, their 'Disintergration' record and other earlier ones I rate highly. How popular is Morrissey is Argentina?
    Do you know Gomez?not sure if their from manchester or what but they made a great album: Bring It On, in 98.

I think that cancion animal is a good album with songs like "te para tres", "hombre al agua". But in my opinion the album "Dynamo" is better. In Argentina we haven`t got the quality in bands like in the UK, it`s sad but true. So I can say that Soda stereo , including some solo album from the singer Gustavo cerati that could be "Bocanada" is a good choice to listen to something different.
    the last post I mention Morrissey and you answered me with Tevez?? Hahahaha that`s funny :D
    I know he has an album , it must be really funny to listen to him no doubt! What he does we call here cumbia. I don`t like that kind of music.

The mayority of the people here listen to music like venegas, sanz that sucks…. But I think Morrissey is popular anyway. I copy an album from him to my father and he liked!! hahaha the same happened with rem…
    A friend of mine copy me some from Gomez, But I didn´t devote time to listen to, so I will look for Bring it on, thank you!
    You said before that you saw some american grunge bands, tell me you had the opportunity to see mad season or AIC! the american grunge band i liked the most apart from pj...I would have given everything to see them live :(
    You have the talent to
    Make me feel like dirt
    And you, you use your
    Talent to dig me under
    eleonora wrote:
    I think that cancion animal is a good album with songs like "te para tres", "hombre al agua". But in my opinion the album "Dynamo" is better. In Argentina we haven`t got the quality in bands like in the UK, it`s sad but true. So I can say that Soda stereo , including some solo album from the singer Gustavo cerati that could be "Bocanada" is a good choice to listen to something different.
    the last post I mention Morrissey and you answered me with Tevez?? Hahahaha that`s funny :D
    I know he has an album , it must be really funny to listen to him no doubt! What he does we call here cumbia. I don`t like that kind of music.

The mayority of the people here listen to music like venegas, sanz that sucks…. But I think Morrissey is popular anyway. I copy an album from him to my father and he liked!! hahaha the same happened with rem…
    A friend of mine copy me some from Gomez, But I didn´t devote time to listen to, so I will look for Bring it on, thank you!
    You said before that you saw some american grunge bands, tell me you had the opportunity to see mad season or AIC! the american grunge band i liked the most apart from pj...I would have given everything to see them live :(
    one manchester band I've not mentioned: The La's, they made one great album back in the 90s,you probably know of it though.
    yeah, I can see from the music videos that the likes of sanz is very much commercial bubblegum, half figured this from the music itself but heard a lot of it on radio in spain and it just gets stuck there y'know. Not fully understanding the lyrics can make it harder to decipher silliness.
    Cafe Tacuba are another that disappoint, the hip-hoppy thing they bring into some of their songs is just...eeurggh!

Sorry, I cannot say I saw either AIC or Mad Season, shame as I have more time for Layne Staley than I did back then.
    I did see smashing pumpkins, screaming trees, soundgarden (headlining), sonic youth (not too keen on them), blind melon (in support), stone temple pilots....................listened to an AIC:Live 93 record recently, surprised how tight they sounded. Cantrell gets a good sound from his guitar, tried one of his solo albums once and well........not into it at all.

ah, not amati but cerati, yes I have his Ahi Vamos (is this: 'Go Away'?) album. Like some Caetano Veloso too, but am suspicious about some of his songs: 'What is the dude saying?' I think to myself.
    elmer wrote:
    one manchester band I've not mentioned: The La's, they made one great album back in the 90s,you probably know of it though.
    yeah, I can see from the music videos that the likes of sanz is very much commercial bubblegum, half figured this from the music itself but heard a lot of it on radio in spain and it just gets stuck there y'know. Not fully understanding the lyrics can make it harder to decipher silliness.
    Cafe Tacuba are another that disappoint, the hip-hoppy thing they bring into some of their songs is just...eeurggh!

Sorry, I cannot say I saw either AIC or Mad Season, shame as I have more time for Layne Staley than I did back then.
    I did see smashing pumpkins, screaming trees, soundgarden (headlining), sonic youth (not too keen on them), blind melon (in support), stone temple pilots....................listened to an AIC:Live 93 record recently, surprised how tight they sounded. Cantrell gets a good sound from his guitar, tried one of his solo albums once and well........not into it at all.

ah, not amati but cerati, yes I have his Ahi Vamos (is this: 'Go Away'?) album. Like some Caetano Veloso too, but am suspicious about some of his songs: 'What is the dude saying?' I think to myself.
    Hi elmer,
    So you saw blind melon, I liked that band a lot, the same with stp. I didn`t like them at first but then I start to listen to them, I only could see velvet revolver here but is not the same...
    Cantrell is a genious, I liked his first album, boggy depot a lot, although aic was better. So you don´t like sonic youth, I adore them I saw them too! in 2000 haha, the same with the pumpkins they came here in 1999.
    Soundgarden.... I envy you!, well in two weeks Chris cornell is coming to a festival here So i will have the opportunity to see him, I`m happy.

By the way, cafe tacuba is a band to see live and you will get fun, I saw them and you can`t stop dancing, haha.

pd: If you have problems with some spanish lyrics ask me.
    You have the talent to
    Make me feel like dirt
    And you, you use your
    Talent to dig me under