So is Coldplay really that "gay"

2»

Comments

• glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    probably not
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    hendrix78 wrote:
    Their music is pretty wussy, but I do like Clocks.

and maybe their songs are pretty clever and you just don't get them? ;)
    chikevin wrote:
    plus...that dude is still married to gwenyth paltrow. there's nothing gay about that.

and what's wrong with being married to her?? if i were a guy i'd be pleased to have her, cause she's sweet and has looks of a supermodel, basically she's high class chick
    hendrix78 wrote:
    Yeah, but they named their kid Apple for god's sake. That's pretty gay.

Yeah, and your point is?? I knew a girl named April is it gay for you too?
  • eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    The line is from the movie 40 Year Old Virgin.....it was a pretty funny running gag type deal. I have only heard the song Clocks by Coldplay and I think it'as a pretty cool song. haven't heard anything from them besides that dumb ass song Yellow....which I despise.

Then you have pretty much heard everything they have done to date.Bloody massively overrated DULLARDS IMO.
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
    I'm not a fan of Coldplay as some of you may think from reading my posts above, hehe. I've never seen them live. But majority songs that i've heard were pretty good.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i like them also.

I'm here to join you on that shameful list!;)
    I am a Coldplay fan since Parachutes which is still their best IMHO but the latter stuffs are great as well.
    Coldplay's worst song still sounds fuckin better to me than anything RHCP released after Californication (and that's obviously not their best one...). Yes, I am an old school fan but if you ask me I'd say RHCP is the worst letdown of the last 10 years!
    However I DON'T think Coldplay is a VERY great live band: their setlists are the same night by night and still pretty short ( MUSE)...and Chris Martin as a frontman on stage is simply embarrasing
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Ricsard wrote:
    I'm here to join you on that shameful list!;)
    I am a Coldplay fan since Parachutes which is still their best IMHO but the latter stuffs are great as well.
    Coldplay's worst song still sounds fuckin better to me than anything RHCP released after Californication (and that's obviously not their best one...). Yes, I am an old school fan but if you ask me I'd say RHCP is the worst letdown of the last 10 years!
    However I DON'T think Coldplay is a VERY great live band: their setlists are the same night by night and still pretty short ( MUSE)...and Chris Martin as a frontman on stage is simply embarrasing

i've seen them live twice. the second time was better, being outside in the lite rain, a week before i popped the question to my wife who is a huge Coldplay fan. but, i know what you are saying about them live. i'm not in a hurry to see them live again but i will listen to the music. although i guess i should go see them since i drag my wife to see Pearl Jam :)

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • coldplay just bore the pants off me. and occassionally chris martin irritates me. but they are inoffensive enough
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    They are pretty fruity
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    no
    coldplay has some great songs
    first record is brilliant

while I dont particularly care for chris martin, the music is pretty good.
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    genie wrote:
    and maybe their songs are pretty clever and you just don't get them? ;)

No, I get them. I just don't think they are anything to write home about. I think they have a few decent tunes, but overall, their music is pretty bland.
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    genie wrote:
    Yeah, and your point is?? I knew a girl named April is it gay for you too?

Dude, it was meant to be a joke. Calm down. I do think Apple is a ridiculous name, though. What did the child do to them to deserve that?
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    A Rush of Blood... is a fantastic album
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    gay is happy right
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • I think they're a very solid band. Yes, I have all of their albums. Yes, I think they're fairly middle of the road. And, yes, Martin can come off a bit pretentious at times. Big deal.

I definitely enjoy listening to them and think they have it in them to put out a more artistic album. I know they're about finished recording a new one that'll probably be out early 2008.
This discussion has been closed.