VR's Libertad has leaked!

thecrackedjackthecrackedjack Posts: 148
edited June 2007 in Other Music
For those that are interested. I've heard it and I think it's the best pure rock and roll album I've heard in a long time. Sounds more like STP than the last album. Breath of fresh air from all the My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, etc that clogs the airwaves today. I love it!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    hooray.... *thud*
  • ooh...a sarcastic remark. I didn't see that one coming. Any more bombshells to drop?
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    La la la la not listening la la la la la......

I'm going to wait until it comes out to listen to the studio cuts. I've heard some of the new songs from YouTube live videos and an MSN concert, and they sound decent. But I'm pretty sure it'll grow on me.

I got pit tickets for the VR-AiC show at the Tweeter Center at the end of August. Can't wait!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    For those that are interested. I've heard it and I think it's the best pure rock and roll album I've heard in a long time. Sounds more like STP than the last album. Breath of fresh air from all the My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, etc that clogs the airwaves today. I love it!

I like you. My Chemical Orgy and Fall Out Balls can fall of a cliff for all i care. And STP and VR are amazing.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    ooh...a sarcastic remark. I didn't see that one coming. Any more bombshells to drop?

I wasn't being sarcastic. I fainted. Thus the :thud:
  • Definitely closer to STP than the 1st CD. If I had to describe it after 1 listen I would say that lots of it sounds like B sides off of Purple.
  • For those that are interested. I've heard it and I think it's the best pure rock and roll album I've heard in a long time. Sounds more like STP than the last album. Breath of fresh air from all the My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, etc that clogs the airwaves today. I love it!

yeah of course its good rock n roll, i dont know why ppl are so bitter about them.
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    I wasn't being sarcastic. I fainted. Thus the :thud:

If you fainted you wouldn't be able to have the time to type "thud".
    If you fainted you wouldn't be able to have the time to type "thud".

ummm.... :(...
  • On my 1st listen and I'm not impressed. Contraband was better.
    If you're headed to the grave,
    you don't blame the hearse.

07/09/03, 05/05/06, 06/01/06, 06/03/06
  • I've heard "She Builds Quick Machines" and "Just Sixteen" so far. Both are good songs. I'm gonna try to get the rest today..
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    I like it better than Contraband but, it's still nothing to write home about.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    Could someone help me out on where to find this?
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Could someone help me out on where to find this?

presuming you know how to use bittorrent, got to torrentspy.com and search Libertad - and there you go!
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Not finished listening to it yet, but it sounds a lot more diverse than Contraband, plenty of strong hooks, and Weiland sounds on good form. Will post some more thoughts when I've given it a few listens.
    I'd like to add, it's growing on me. "Gravedancer" is brilliant.
  • Brian V.Brian V. Posts: 51
    Very good straight forward rock.

Nothing wrong with that.
  • This is terrible; at least My Chemical Romance isn't mediocre, rehashed-to-the-millionth-time, generic rock. But what else could you expect from a bunch of junkies, who cares if it's straight forward rock, that doesn't mean it doesn't suck.
    This is terrible; at least My Chemical Romance isn't mediocre, rehashed-to-the-millionth-time, generic rock. But what else could you expect from a bunch of junkies, who cares if it's straight forward rock, that doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

Name about anything and i'll bet My Chemical Romance are worse so, at least name a decent band to mention.
  • Name about anything and i'll bet My Chemical Romance are worse so, at least name a decent band to mention.
    Name about any other opinion and I still won't give a shit and this album still won't suck.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    It's a fun album but I know I'll be bored of it within a week. Axl really needs to put out "Chinese Democracy". This decade blows so hard.
  • Matty Boy wrote:
    It's a fun album but I know I'll be bored of it within a week. Axl really needs to put out "Chinese Democracy". This decade blows so hard.

If this album bores you within a week, how does 14 years of waiting for Chinese Democracy keep you interested?:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Brian V.Brian V. Posts: 51
    Matty Boy wrote:
    I'd say the songs on Libertad are better than any of the leaked GNR tracks. But I've never been a huge Axl fan...
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    If this album bores you within a week, how does 14 years of waiting for Chinese Democracy keep you interested?:p

Axl's the only person left who can make a killer rock album. I know people will think I'm crazy, but I believe "Chinese democracy' will be the best album to come out this decade, if it comes out this decade. Songs like these make me still believe in the ability of Mr Rose.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=VHskgl2B730
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2tgWLsLaqrc
  • I love scott weiland and stp but this album is pure shit. The first four stone temple pilots albums were probablly four of the best albums of the 90s and brendan obrein did a great job of producing them, and one thing I always look foward to when listening to a scott weiland project (solo, stp, vr, or side project like magnificent bastards) is his distinct voice, and its almost drounded out by this sub par riff drivin rock. I know I have only listened to the cd once and havent grasped the whole album titles tracklisting, lyrics, etc, but that is one thing that stuck out like a sore thumb is that YOU CANT HEAR SCOTT WEILANDS FUCKING VOICE, and that pisses me off.

additionally please bring on chinese democracy
  • For those that are interested. I've heard it and I think it's the best pure rock and roll album I've heard in a long time. Sounds more like STP than the last album. Breath of fresh air from all the My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, etc that clogs the airwaves today. I love it!

sweet...when does it actually come out..hopefully b4 Aug 5th when I'm seeing them for the 2nd time
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    sweet...when does it actually come out..hopefully b4 Aug 5th when I'm seeing them for the 2nd time

I believe next Tuesday, 7/3
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    This is terrible; at least My Chemical Romance isn't mediocre, rehashed-to-the-millionth-time, generic rock. But what else could you expect from a bunch of junkies, who cares if it's straight forward rock, that doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

Funny, that would be my exact description of My Chemical Romance.... mediocre, rehashed, generic.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• NickyNooch wrote:
    Funny, that would be my exact description of My Chemical Romance.... mediocre, rehashed, generic.
    That would be my definition as well.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Axl's the only person left who can make a killer rock album. I know people will think I'm crazy, but I believe "Chinese democracy' will be the best album to come out this decade, if it comes out this decade. Songs like these make me still believe in the ability of Mr Rose.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=VHskgl2B730
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2tgWLsLaqrc

This is the first time i've listened to any of the leaks. I checked out Better too. Can you say 80's? Pretty cheesy music if you ask me. I think VR sucks as well though.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”