Heard the Foo Fighters new single The Pretender!

2»

Comments

• jerve5150 wrote:

Check it out at the youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PXueZYAiOTU

Is this the 1st single?? WOW!! generic filler. Foo Figherters are the 1st band to put out a double album and have nobody care.

One guy one there said how the intro reminded him of Stairway....that was the very first thing i thought of when the song started. Great song.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Love It!!
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Evensolo05 wrote:
    My thoughts exactly, I bought tickets for the Marley Park gig purely because NIN were playing, although I've been disappointed with their past two albums but seein the foo's on Live Earth and listening to this new single I am very much looking forward to this gig.

They released the times schedule for the gig on http://www.ticketmaster.ie :)
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • The Wife is more a fan but that's the best single they've released in ages, most impressed!
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    One guy one there said how the intro reminded him of Stairway....that was the very first thing i thought of when the song started. Great song.

Yep, I thought the very same thing! Very cool song, I can't get the chorus out of my head. I'll definitely be going to see them next time they tour the UK.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I think it rocks. Thanks for posting a link.
    Brian
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Very cool song! Thanks for the download!

Gives me hope for the next album, especially since In Your Honor just didn't have any really stand out track.
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    I thought that it is taboo in rock to rip off Stairway (& also Sesame Street). With that said, this is a pretty good song.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    jerve5150 wrote:
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    NOT EVEN FUCKING CLOSE this song is garbage and not catchy at all

Check it out at the youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PXueZYAiOTU

Is this the 1st single?? WOW!! generic filler. Foo Figherters are the 1st band to put out a double album and have nobody care.

all you fanboys of this single are part of the reason rock is in the shambles its in. you accept complete garbage from a band that hasnt been relevant in 10 years. foo has done much better this piece.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

all you fanboys of this single are part of the reason rock is in the shambles its in. you accept complete garbage from a band that hasnt been relevant in 10 years. foo has done much better this piece.

Is there anything that you don't shit on (other than crappy rarities)? This song is good. It's not ground-breaking or anything, but it's typical Foo Fighters. If you don't like them, that's fine. Just STFU then. Foo Fighters fans will love this song.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    yeah doesn't do much for me. Foos seem to be rehashing the same thing for years now. Middle of the road rock.