Heard the Foo Fighters new single The Pretender!

thecrackedjackthecrackedjack Posts: 148
edited August 2007 in Other Music
It's being played on some radio station if you haven't heard already. I didn't see a thread. Easily the best single they have released in god knows how long. Just an awsome song all around. I would put it up there with Everlong, Hero, ect.

Who else has heard it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i havent, but id sure love to.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Give us a link mate!
  • muppet wrote:
    Give us a link mate!
    I would if I had one!
  • sandiesandie Posts: 1
    You can download it here...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BM2IRS80
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    sandie wrote:
    You can download it here...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BM2IRS80

nice first post....thanks!!:D
  • I'm really rooting for Dave to get back on his A-game.. (downloading now) :D

Thanks for the link, mate!
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    I heard it earlier today, and i think its fantastic. It's not a huge departure from previous Foo work, but thats not to say it doesn't kick major ass. What is it about Dave Grohl that he can write these heavy as shit songs with pop hooks that make them anthemic?
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I'm Gone wrote:
    I heard it earlier today, and i think its fantastic. It's not a huge departure from previous Foo work, but thats not to say it doesn't kick major ass. What is it about Dave Grohl that he can write these heavy as shit songs with pop hooks that make them anthemic?

true.....this sounds great....old fashioned, visceral rock and roll.....:D:D
  • Fucking fantastic!! :D:D:D:D:D
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

"Make our day"
  • AranarthAranarth Posts: 227
    yeah I actually like it more than any FF song since TCATS, so yay!
  • Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

"Make our day"
  • Waaaaaay better than anything on In Your Honor. Looking forward to this release.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Wow, thats breathtakingly good. I lost interest in the Foo's after the last album, I bought tickets to a joint gig between them and Nine Inch Nails only because NIN were there but if this material is anything to go by I actually have a reason to look foward to this gig aside from NIN obviously :)
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Heard it on its 3rd play on Radio 1 yesterday afternoon and its definitely their most immediate song since All My Life.

IMHO, the Foos haven't released a really great album in about 10 years now so this has put my hopes high for the new one. Hope it isn't the let down that One By One was after hearing All My Life.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Foo Fighters have always been an "ok" band that never did too much for me. Really like this new single though.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I hope the album is good. As far as I'm concerned they haven't done anything useful since Nothing Left to Lose.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Waaaaaay better than anything in In Your Honor. Looking forward to this release.
    NOT EVEN FUCKING CLOSE this song is garbage and not catchy at all

the best of you is 100000000000000000000000000x better than this 'bridge to monkey wrench'

GOD FUCKING AWFUL THIS SONG WONT DO SHIT
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:

the best of you is 100000000000000000000000000x better than this 'bridge to monkey wrench'

Best of You <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<The Pretender
  • jsasojsaso Posts: 179
    the song is solid
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I hope the album is good. As far as I'm concerned they haven't done anything useful since Nothing Left to Lose.

motherfucker... i forgot to download this last night! man, im falling apart. will that link still be up after ben harper finishes tonight?

anyway, quoted this cos i agree. one by one was a very weak album. in your honor had its moments, but it felt like it would have been a great single disc album that was a stretch of a 2-discer. im stoked for this one though.
  • Yeah, its pretty good
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Best of You <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<The Pretender

sure! in i like crap land!
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:

really? seriously?

Best Of You was okay but that was kind of it, just okay. It's a really flat song that doesn't really go anywhere and then leaves.

The Pretender is very like Monkeywrench in many respects, it's got the energy and is destined to be played long after Best Of You has dissapeared from the Foos live set.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Best of You was probably one of the shittiest piles of shit they've released as a single. The Pretender blows that away. DOA should have been released as the first one off their last album.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Argghhhh! I've been trying to get this song for the last hour, my pc keeps bloody crashing when I try and download any of the links I've found.....would somebody mind emailing it to me? pretty please?!
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:
    sure! in i like crap land!

I can't believe you...
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:

Check it out at the youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PXueZYAiOTU

Is this the 1st single?? WOW!! generic filler. Foo Figherters are the 1st band to put out a double album and have nobody care.
    Strictly for my ninjas
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Finally managed to download it, and I FUCKING LOVE IT! Just great driving rock music, nothing more, nothing less. And not catchy?! Are you deaf?

Looking forward to the new record - the last one wasn't bad, I really love Best Of You, in my opinion one of their very best songs, hearing an arena full of people sing along to that was awe-inspiring. The acoustic cd didn't do much for me though.
  • Reminds me a lot of Chris Cornell's James Bond song. I'm really confused as to whether that's a good thing or not.

I'd prefer it if there was a tune in the chorus. It's kind of one-note monotony.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Evensolo05Evensolo05 Posts: 118
    Binaural wrote:
    Wow, thats breathtakingly good. I lost interest in the Foo's after the last album, I bought tickets to a joint gig between them and Nine Inch Nails only because NIN were there but if this material is anything to go by I actually have a reason to look foward to this gig aside from NIN obviously :)

My thoughts exactly, I bought tickets for the Marley Park gig purely because NIN were playing, although I've been disappointed with their past two albums but seein the foo's on Live Earth and listening to this new single I am very much looking forward to this gig.
    no additives, preservatives, or artificial colouring