which love hurts is better?

2»

Comments

• Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    Ok yes I agree with everything you just said. Incubus are a great band. I've seen them live several times and every show has been awesome. I knew all about their charity work and everything, like I said I was a big Incubus fan. The only problem I have with them is the Light Grenades record. It all sounds too pop. It just seemed like ACLOTM was taking them into a new more interesting place, more solos, deeper lyrics, and songs that really wouldn't fit on the radio. And now with LG, the music sound like they took a few steps back in the wrong direction. Its almost like all they wanted to do was make songs that sound like southern girl. Now whether that's what they actually intended to do, I don't know, that's only my interpretation. And I don't know, it's only my individual opinion, but I think Light Grenades is very weak and was a dissapointment to me, esp after such classic albums as Make Yourself and Morning View and, well all of them were great, except Light Grenades (sorry).
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Yo, that's completely fine man. I felt obligated to stand up for the band that literally got me through one of the roughest parts of my life. I will agree that there was a lot of experimentation going on during ACLOTM, which was really awesome.

To be honest though... I saw them on the ACLOTM tour, and they were great, but when I saw them in the small clubs tour early last year, I got more of a euphoric feeling when the Light Grenades songs came on... especially on Dig. It just felt really good to hear those/that song(s). Plus, they really nailed SSLW even more on the LG tour... the solo of Mikey and then the solo of Ben Kenney, just awesome... plus, they redefined Redefine. To me, it seems like the experimentation was with the two Earth to Bellas, Rogues, and Pendulous Threads (on album), and then mainly more focused with experimenting on the tour.

However, I must say that this sentiment was given the same way when ACLOTM came out... no one really liked it, then when LG was about to come out, everyone went back, listened to ACLOTM and loved it... so we shall what comes out of everyone's mind when the next album comes out.

Oh, you've heard their two B-sides from LG, right? (Look Alive and Punchdrunk are the names)
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    yea that the funny thing, I got the Special Edition of the Look Alive DVD that came with the bonus CD, and I loved it. All the songs were really different from anything they've done before. Probably because they're mostly instrumental. Even the live versions of the LG songs sound better than the album version.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Yeah, the instrumentals CD that comes with the Look Alive package is amazing. I like how they just kind of surprised us with that.. haha, they had been on tour that whole time, so it was like, how could they have recorded those little ditties in that time.
    If I could, think I would give in.