MLB 2k7 commercial NIRVANA

verb_to_trustverb_to_trust Posts: 178
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Breed is used in the commercial. pretty sad..........

pretty pathetic seeing as how unless kurt went through a drastic change of perspective he'd never do this.

i'm not really against songs being used to sell products but nirvana obviously isn't a band that was into that sort of thing.

45 seconds till someone bashes nirvana to compensate for their small penis.........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• At least it's being used for a good game :D
    NERDS!
  • At least it's being used for a good game :D

I actually planned on buyign a new baseball game this year..............but i don't know whether 2k7 or the show is the better buy.
  • I actually planned on buyign a new baseball game this year..............but i don't know whether 2k7 or the show is the better buy.
    I haven't owned a baseball game since RBI baseball for the NES. So I'm going w/ 2k7. It looks really good and NBA 2k7 was good this year. I'm hoping they stay on a roll.
    NERDS!
  • And what does Breed have to do with baseball??? :confused:
    Weren't the songs supposed to be used in context if at all used?
  • yea i saw that...it was weird....the song didnt fit, made no sense.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • I've always heard the show was a lot better than the 2k series. I've never owned either. I've always gone for the EA series but now that they've eliminated those...i'd probably pick up the show.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Damn that Courtney Love!!!!!!!!
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    The soundtrack to the game has some pretty good rock songs. It is the first time they are doing this where i don't think there is any rap music on the MLB game.

No one went ape shit when mother love bone's stardog champion was on NCAA a couple years ago.

It is kind of cool when you play a game to have some good music to it.

sooner or later you will be able to have your own soundtrack that you keep on your game which will be so much better.

Oh and not to mention one of kurts idols the pixies/ frank black are on the same soundtrack so maybe he would have been like what the fuck if Frank can do it so can we.

Here is a list of all the songs

311 - "Down"

Bishop Allen - "Middle Management"

Cities in Dust - "Emergency"

Death From Above 1979 - "Little Girl"

Dixie Witch - "Set the Speed"

Editors - "Munich"

Five Horse Johnson - "I Can't Shake It"

Greatdayforup - "Man's Ruin"

Les Savy Fav - "Hold On To Your Genre"

Nerf Herder - "High Five Anxiety"

Nirvana - "Breed"

Sublime - "Summertime"

Tapes 'n Tapes - "Insistor"

The Jealous Sound - "Naïve"

The M's - "Plan Of The Man"

The Pixies - "Mr. Grieves"

The Specials - "A Message to you Rudy"

The Stooges - "I Feel Alright"

The Thermals - "A Passing Feeling"

The Walkmen - "The Rat"

Wolfmother - "Woman"
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    The soundtrack to the game has some pretty good rock songs. It is the first time they are doing this where i don't think there is any rap music on the MLB game.

No one went ape shit when mother love bone's stardog champion was on NCAA a couple years ago.

sooner or later you will be able to have your own soundtrack that you keep on your game which will be so much better.

Oh and not to mention one of kurts idols the pixies/ frank black are on the same soundtrack so maybe he would have been like what the fuck if Frank can do it so can we.

311 - "Down"

Editors - "Munich"

Nirvana - "Breed"

Sublime - "Summertime"

The Walkmen - "The Rat"

Wolfmother - "Woman"
    That's a pretty good soundtrack. It almost looks like a FIFA soundtrack. Too bad the FIFA games suck(for now)
    NERDS!
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Damn that Courtney Love!!!!!!!!

I agree, damn her.
    Weird choice of song to use anyway.

Why didnt they use Ed's 'take me out to the ball game'? :D
  • 2K sports games are awesome. NHL 2K7 has a pretty sweet soundtrack from Sub-Pop artists.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Courtney....she is a POS.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • I'm hoping to pick up the 2K7 game today, it looks light years ahead of The Show. Does anyone have it yet?
  • intodeep wrote:

311 - "Down"

Editors - "Munich"

Nirvana - "Breed"

Sublime - "Summertime"

The Walkmen - "The Rat"

Wolfmother - "Woman"

There's nothing wrong w/ putting stuff in the game. I think the original poster's contention was using Nirvana's "breed" in the commercial had nothing to do w/ the game and didn't really fit so why use it.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    The Show was a great, great game last year. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting that again this year.
  • There's nothing wrong w/ putting stuff in the game. I think the original poster's contention was using Nirvana's "breed" in the commercial had nothing to do w/ the game and didn't really fit so why use it.
    That's what I got out of it. If the song actually had a purpose in the game/commerical, made some kind of correlation, it'd be fine.
    What happened was like putting I'm Open in it just because of the song title (actually I'm sure I'm confusing the sport where that phrase is said, but you get the principle).
  • yeah man, this really goes against what nirvana was all about. i am so upset. how dare a baseball video game use such a sacred song!

for christ fucking sake, who gives a shit?
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Damn...thought you were talking about mother love bone.....please excuse huge amount of ignorance....what does MLB stand for?
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Major League Baseball.
    and 2k is the videogame software company

I think the real prob. the original poster had was that the song was used in the commercial for the game as well as actually being ON the game...

oh well. creative control dies when you do.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Major League Baseball.
    and 2k is the videogame software company

I think the real prob. the original poster had was that the song was used in the commercial for the game as well as actually being ON the game...

oh well. creative control dies when you do.

Thank you for the clearing that up!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • yeah man, this really goes against what nirvana was all about. i am so upset. how dare a baseball video game use such a sacred song!

for christ fucking sake, who gives a shit?

Why don't you realx a little buddy? The only one taking their post in this thread seriously is you.........

I just thought a Nirvana song being used in a TV commercial to sell a product was an interesting conversasion piece for this forum.

Sorry to waste your time your highness
  • Sorry to waste your time your highness

is that's how you spell it when you are talking royalty? (i really dont know)
  • Breed is used in the commercial. pretty sad..........

pretty pathetic seeing as how unless kurt went through a drastic change of perspective he'd never do this.

i'm not really against songs being used to sell products but nirvana obviously isn't a band that was into that sort of thing.

45 seconds till someone bashes nirvana to compensate for their small penis.........

fucking Courtney's a fucking whore who will do anything for money. its only a matter of time before there's "Nirvana night" on american idol.

her ownership of Nirvana's songs reminds me of how Michael Jackson owns the Beatles songs and lets shitty cover versions of songs like When I'm 64 and Goodday Sunshine be used in commericals.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • is that's how you spell it when you are talking royalty? (i really dont know)

i really don't know for sure either..............but sarcastically referring to you as royalty was too good to pass up so i took a stab
  • same song being used for the PS3 game "Motor Storm".

Fits that game great and Im not a huge Nirvana fan.
  • i really don't know for sure either..............but sarcastically referring to you as royalty was too good to pass up so i took a stab

Once again taking things way to seriously.

"She fell funny"

• NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    I haven't owned a baseball game since RBI baseball for the NES. So I'm going w/ 2k7. It looks really good and NBA 2k7 was good this year. I'm hoping they stay on a roll.
    nowhere to go but up from the atrocity that is mlb 2k6
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:
    agreed
    NERDS!
  • i really don't know for sure either..............but sarcastically referring to you as royalty was too good to pass up so i took a stab

i dig it. party on.
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:

Speaking as someone who couldn't make it through a single game last year without it freezing, I'm pleased to report that I have had absolutely no issues so far and am totally digging the game.

As for the song, does anyone else think that she chose something pre-Grohl just to avoid any additional royalty issues with him since they hate each other (not that he needs it or anything)? I mean I don't know the details but I would imagine that even though she has the rights to do whatever she wants with the songs, that the musicians who actually played on the song would get paid something if the song were to be licensed.