Smashing Pumpkins - Adore

2»

Comments

• elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Blank Page is probably my favourite track, been a while since I've listened however, so can't be certain.

Their contribution to the Singles soundtrack I thought was amazing at the time.

TheFutureEmbrace was a bit dissappointing eh? Not as bad as some have made out though.
  • muppet wrote:
    "Shame" is such a good song.

I didn't like Shame much when Adore came out, but LOVE it live now that Jimmy is back in the fold.

I read the same article where Billy said Adore would've sounded more like In The Arms of Sleep, to me that's how Shame sounds now... and I fucking love it!!!

As a side note the Pumpkins have finished their new single G.L.O.W. and it should hit the airwaves in September. The Pumpkins worked with Bjorn Thorsrud on the track, he produced Adore, MACHINA, and other albums by them.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I didn't like Shame much when Adore came out, but LOVE it live now that Jimmy is back in the fold.

I read the same article where Billy said Adore would've sounded more like In The Arms of Sleep, to me that's how Shame sounds now... and I fucking love it!!!

As a side note the Pumpkins have finished their new single G.L.O.W. and it should hit the airwaves in September. The Pumpkins worked with Bjorn Thorsrud on the track, he produced Adore, MACHINA, and other albums by them.

Yeah I just found out today that G.L.O.W. has been finished. I hope they play it in a few weeks when I see them in the Louisville.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980

It's the best "drive your car during the night alone" song ever made :)
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I stumbled upon this video tonight. It probably ought to be in this thread. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x51zgcXitw&feature=related
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Zeitgeist is fucking amazing.

There you go.
    Montreal 08/20/98 | New York 09/11/98 | Wantagh 08/24/00 | Montreal 10/04/00 | Montreal 06/29/03 | Montreal 09/15/05
    Toronto 05/10/06 | Vancouver 04/02//08 (Ed) | Manchester 06/14/08 | Montreal 08/09/08 (Ed) | Montreal 08/10/08 (Ed) 
    Albany 06/08/09 (Ed) | Philadelphia 10/31/09 | Montreal 09/07/11 | Ottawa 05/08/16 | Brooklyn 04/07/17 (RRHOF)
    Dana Point 09/09/17 (Ed) | Rome 06/26/18