Anybody else hates Frank Sinatras music?

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Cant stand this boring dogshit. Not even good enough to listen to while eating.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854
    so many pjoasisrules threads...so little time
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • "Boring dogshit"? Really? I want Let's Face The Music And Dance to be played at whatever service they have when I die. :D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483

You may be poor in cash but you are rich with opinions!
    :)
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    The chairman of the board? pfft..I cannot hate Ol' Blue Eyes...Im from NJ and Italian. :p
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    i'm not a big fan, but i don't hate his music. now Tony Bennett on the other hand, that dude is an asshole
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I don't really listen to him but I'm quite surprised at how dark some of his lyrics were.
  • another dumb thread to be taken lightly by a person with oasis in his screenname.........
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Jesus, can this guy not make a post without somebody mentioning Oasis?
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Bashing on The Chairman is like bashing on The Man in Black. First off, It's freaking un-American. Second, it's sacrilegious. Third, you're wrong.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    muppet wrote:

Its pretty pathetic if you ask me. Especially coming from people that think MMJ and Wilco are the second coming of Christ.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• RedheadedRedheaded Posts: 3
    One of the greats, music is art form,and in his day he was it, the master of his time. besides I was born in Hoboken you just had to love him.
  • "In America, you're either a rebel or you like Frank Sinatra" - Jimi Hendrix
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184

You could have come up something better than this and without the word HATE. Weak, very weak on your part.

There's always a time and place for Ol Blue Eyes.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    You could have come up something better than this and without the word HATE. Weak, very weak on your part.

There's always a time and place for Ol Blue Eyes.

Peace

Weak to use the word HATE about something I cant stand to hear?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    No, I don't think *anyone* else hates him...on this board, or elsewhere.
    muppet wrote:

If he would make a post about something other than what music he thinks is awful, we wouldn't feel obligated to point out the obvious irony. ;)

Thats the sad thing, people cant decide for themselves whether they like him or not, they just do because It's freaking un-American. Second, it's sacrilegious.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Thats the sad thing, people cant decide for themselves whether they like him or not, they just do because It's freaking un-American. Second, it's sacrilegious.

Or, they like him, and also have senses of humour. :) Plus, I couldn't care less if it's un-American, for obvious reasons. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    Sinatra is timeless. But I don't think being in your 20's and not liking Sinatra doesn't make you cool. It probably makes you cooler to not like him. He's music for your grandparents until you realize your grandparents were really on to something. I thought he was music reserved for lame weddings until a few years ago, having drinks with my father in law and his friends, Sinatra was playing and it just hit me how great of an entertainer the man was. I mean he wasn't just a great singer, he was a pretty damn good actor too.
    gabers wrote:
    Sinatra is timeless. But I don't think being in your 20's and not liking Sinatra doesn't make you cool. It probably makes you cooler to not like him. He's music for your grandparents until you realize your grandparents were really on to something. I thought he was music reserved for lame weddings until a few years ago, having drinks with my father in law and his friends, Sinatra was playing and it just hit me how great of an entertainer the man was. I mean he wasn't just a great singer, he was a pretty damn good actor too.

No, just like DMB, it is definitely cool and in to listen to Sinatra at this age.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

No, just like DMB, it is definitely cool and in to listen to Sinatra at this age.

1.) It's still cool to listen to DMB?

2.) Seriously?

:D
    1.) It's still cool to listen to DMB?

2.) Seriously?

:D

Fine, maybe OAR could be the replacement now
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Fine, maybe OAR could be the replacement now

I'm 28, and I don't even know who that is...lol!! I guess I'm getting old. :D
    I'm 28, and I don't even know who that is...lol!! I guess I'm getting old. :D

Another popular band with popular high school kids, frat boys, and sorority girls.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Another popular band with popular high school kids, frat boys, and sorority girls.

When I started college, I remember hearing tons and tons of DMB and Creed being played at the frat house across the street whenever we had our windows open. They all looked like guys that would listen to creed, too. :rolleyes: :D

Go figure, a Jersey girl standing up for Sinatra. :)
  • I happen to be a big fan of Sinatra and the Rat Pack.

Some of their comedy is the funniest American comedy I've seen.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • muppet wrote:
    I don't really listen to him but I'm quite surprised at how dark some of his lyrics were.

This is true. You've really got to look deeper than the apparent cheese of the music. The Rat Pack's comedy is often very risky and bitingly satirical and a good portion of their songs are about loneliness, hopelessness and despair. I think they were more 'alternative' than people give them credit for.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I can't stand all that Ratpack shit. There I said it.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    muppet wrote:

This is true. You've really got to look deeper than the apparent cheese of the music. The Rat Pack's comedy is often very risky and bitingly satirical and a good portion of their songs are about loneliness, hopelessness and despair. I think they were more 'alternative' than people give them credit for.

sinatra didnt write his own songs. he was just the singer.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say