Options

Best concert you have been to

Comments

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    uninnocent wrote:
    other than pj, it was definitely nine inch nails on may 10th last year, at the kool haus in toronto.

if pearl jam is included, then it's ottawa 2005, followed by toronto 2000, THEN nin.

Ottawa was so god damn good.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Pearl Jam - Spectrum - no question....

Others - The Dead and Neil Young were awesome of course...
  • Options
    Sorry - Pearl Jam - Spectrum in Philly that is....been to about 15+ shows and that one was magic....
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I am going to have to say Pearl Jam, Bonner Springs 2003. It was one of those nights I will never forget. Poured down rain at the close of Idlewilds set, Pearl Jam came out and delivered a fast and furious set in the pouring down rain. It was unbelievable.

Other than Pearl Jam? Radiohead in St. Louis 2003
  • Options
    pearl jam 98 molson park
    first concert ever and by far the best
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    I am going to have to say Pearl Jam, Bonner Springs 2003. It was one of those nights I will never forget. Poured down rain at the close of Idlewilds set, Pearl Jam came out and delivered a fast and furious set in the pouring down rain. It was unbelievable.

Other than Pearl Jam? Radiohead in St. Louis 2003

I was at both of those shows as well and yes, they were both great. The Radiohead show is probably in my Top 10. Pyramid Song and Just in the encore - wow.

Mine is The Rolling Stones in Columbia, Missouri in '94 on the Voodoo Lounge tour. I had no idea what I was in for, I figured, "Eh, it's the Stones, I guess I'll go check 'em out." I didn't know it was going to be explosions, hundreds of colored lights, Mick dancing around the stage, capped off with fireworks. It was amazing.

Also, Columbia doesn't get bands like the Stones, they mostly play KC or St. Louis.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • Options
    JamHead86JamHead86 Posts: 37
    I have seen them three times in the last year (Milwaukee Summerfest, Chicago 12/30, and Madison 2/11) and all three are at the top of my list. For the best of the three its a toss up between Summerfest and Madison.
    "I feel it!"- Eddie, during Alive solo, Chicago 2003
  • Options
    Rage Against The Machine, Auditorium de Verdun, Evil Empire Tour. Best ever.
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    Mine very well could be PJ after this summer, but for now I'd definitely say The Dead 06/29/04 - never experienced a connection that strong with a band before...and even without Garcia!!
    Her?
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    PJ-95 Austin-Not so much the show but fantastic mood of the day.

Counting Crows-Dallas 97-A giant festival with 500,000, Adam was bitter & depressed & sang the saddest songs they have like a raving beat poet. A profanity filled Anna Begins was simply perfect. Like seeing a horrible argument & someone losing it before your eyes. He simply was insane that day.

Sigur Ros-2006-Houston-About 2 weeks ago. The quiet moments you could here the bow scratch the strings before the sounds came out, & the most intense ending of a show ever.

Ministry-89-San Antonio-The most brutal experience you could have is Ministry & 2000 people in a club only big enough to hold 900.

Radiohead-2000-Houston-My fondest concert moment until Sigur Ros this year was How to Disappear Completely live. It was as if time stopped for 8 minutes.

Ned's Atomic Dustbin-1990-Houston-Like a fucking soccer riot. The insane guys from Scotland were fantastic live. With every bounce that the crowd would make you would land 3 feet away from where you started.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    -Any STP show
    -MUSE atlanta
    -Any My Morning Jacket show
    -Drive By Truckers

-Sidenote: I saw the Strokes last night in atlanta and they were incredible. I came into thinking it was going to be lame and boring but they were amazing playing 25 songs and rocking so hard and loud. Also opening band, Eagles of Death Metal, were great as well.
  • Options
    orgirlorgirl Posts: 35
    Toshala wrote:
    Audioslave in Portland at the Roseland Theater (?) hell, I think thats what the place was called.....???? anyway they seriously rocked the house.........blew EVERYONE away!!!!
    next best was PJ June 1, 2003 in Mt. View, CA........they did Crazy Mary and it was just sooooooooo incredible.....so glad they sell pro bootlegs.....

I was at both of these shows! It is called the Roseland Theather. The whole place was shaking. I love Audioslave in concert they have an amazing energy. Mt. View was my first time to see PJ and I didn't really know too much about them, but I bought the tickets cause my guy is a big fan. Ever since then, I am addicted. Also on the top of my list would be the PJ Gorge show 2005. So beautiful and euphoric, I only wish I had not gotten so loaded. Anyways there is always this year for more! Woooohoooooooo!
  • Options
    Robby Krieger - Wetlands in NYC either summer of 98. The bassist sounded just like Jim Morrison. It seemed to like a doors show in the early 60's. Just a magical night.

Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes - Roseland Ballroom 10/13/99 - I took my dad to this show who has seen Zeppelin. He and I were both blown away. Literally 15 feet from the stage. Magical night.

Page and Plant summer 98 - Madison Square Garden.

Black Crowes - 9/30/05 Philly and February Northhampton Mass.

Pearl Jam - Ottawa 05, Boston 1 04, MSG 2 03, Saratoga 00.

Bruce Springsteen - Meadowlands 99, MSG 00, Detroit 2002
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Audioslave last year at Oxegen... couldn't even talk for a while after... twas fantastic!!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    mr orionmr orion Posts: 61
    Apart from Pearl Jam in Manchester, UK, I would say The Oysterband at Cambridge folk festival 1999 and The Black Crowes at wolverhampton uk , 1997.
  • Options
    Penny453Penny453 Posts: 200
    It 's going to have to be a tie between NIN in the pit @ Moline...and PJ ast the Borgata. Two extremely different experiences but both were great experiences.
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"
  • Options
    jodijodi Posts: 183
    placebo 2003 amsterdam
    depeche mode 2006 dusseldorf
    depeche mode 2006 antwerp
    bush 2002 pinkpop landgraaf
    alanis 2001 utrecht
    muse 2003 rotterdam
    There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms...
    And I know she's reached my heart,... in thin air
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i would have to say pj - (raleigh)
    r.e.m.- (raleigh)
    u2 in florida (unforgettable fire tour)
    prince- cincinnati (eons ago)

i know there are a few i left out, like jane's addiction, so i don't know that this is accurate but its what came to mind first.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    Audioslave MSG show 10/29/05
    What made this show so amazing was that I first thought that we couldnt get tickets to the show, but then we did, and got front row right infront of Morello, soooo good
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • Options
    Penny453Penny453 Posts: 200
    Penny453 wrote:
    It 's going to have to be a tie between NIN in the pit @ Moline...and PJ ast the Borgata. Two extremely different experiences but both were great experiences.
    ok...I lied. Or should I say after last night...

NIN blew anyone else right out of the water. Not only was it a great show, but during one of the songs Trent went down into the pit. Not only did I get to hold his hand, play with his bracelets, play with the mic cord, BUT I got to put my hand on his head and run my fingers through his hair. HE IS GOD.

oh..and I got a blue pic! :D

BEST CONCERT EVER!!....actually who knows...they're playing tonight in AC and I'm going! we'll see what happens! :)
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"
  • Options
    Our Lady Peace at the state theatre in sept/01 in detroit.

pearl jam in grand rapids for the VFC tour is second.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam in Noblesville Indiana for the Riot Act tour.
    the date was 6/22/03 and it was at the Verizon Wireless Music Center.
    Deffinetly the best time i've ever had. Amazing show.
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    I have never seen them yet I'm sad to say. so my favourite gig is...

Motorpsycho at Night town Rotterdam

The first time (I think) they came to Rotterdam was the best ever.

Oh how I remember that eve I was Dazed and confused. It just wasn't possible, out of this world. I saw them quiet some times before that gig but never and I do mean never had I heard them be that good.
    I'm not exaggerating when I say this. I was in a trance and I was all misty eyed when they started playing Skies R full of...!!! If I remember well that also was the fist time I heard s'Numbness. God just thinking about that gig brings back the feel of that night. I still have the pictures in my head.
    Two days after I was still amazed.

Not in my wildest dreams had I dared to dream up such a gig.
    I could not conceive of it and thinking back I still can't.
    Before and after that gig I've seen theme be good, often even great, but never after that night have I seen them do that what they did there.

Heaven,.......Pure bliss.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    The Sadies...New Years eve. Amazing evening...small club...played for four hours and took our requests.
    best band around!
    Listen to the Sadies.

"Who's better than Eddie Vedder?" - Oranje by Orson Corson
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    PJ in Philly/NJ - The three times I have seen them there, Ed mentions that they sell more records in that area than in any other part of the country, and then they play for about 3 hours. :)
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    I could never pick a best. Here’s a few I found most enjoyable. Thanks for asking.

1978 Yes - Chicago
    1979 Rush - Alpine Valley
    1980 Queen - Hoffman Estates
    1987 Boston - Oakland (no shit, really)
    1988 David Gilmour’s Pink Floyd - Oakland
    1989 Stevie Ray Vaughan / Jeff Beck - Oakland
    1991 (?) Guns and Roses - Warfield Theatre SF
    1992 Metallica - Sacramento
    1995 Stevie Wonder - Oakland

Honorable mention in the comedy category: 1983 Richard Pryor Chicago

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    This past New Year's show at the Neighborhood Theatre in Charlotte.
    Where The Avett Brothers were headlining.
    Go see The Avett Brothers!!
  • Options
    best ever ? It's hard to say...

but my first major concert was Pink Floyd in 92 or 93 in Montreal and it was really something !!

recently, I've see a young Canadian band called Cuff The Duke and I really liked their show...

they're still touring across Canada so check this webpage to have more info on the different venues...

http://www.diamonddog.ca/cufftheduke
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Green Day, American Idiot - in the pit, against the rail, right in front of Billy Joe on the cat walk. Unfuckingbelievable. Billy Joe kept grabbing all our hands the entire show. That band has more energy than any band I've ever seen play. They suck you up and give you back twofold.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    derek trucks band 03-pittsburgh,greatful dead 94-buckeye lake ohio and pearl jam 93 lallapalooza tour.
    Anthony