Options

Best concert you have been to

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited March 2006 in Other Music
For me its a tie between Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers 2005 or Paul McCartney 2005. I would prolly say Pearl Jam but I havent gotten to see them since 2000 and I had to work all day before the gig so I was too tired for it
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    Kings of Leon at Ziggy's in Winston-Salem, NC. Incredible live show.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I really don't have much to choose from: Bright Eyes, Guster, James Taylor, X-Fest (music festival put on by local radio station that featured Godsmack, Mudvayne, Alien Ant Farm). Of those, I would say Bright Eyes was my favorite followed by James Taylor.
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."
  • Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Pearl Jam (Vancouver 2003) and The Arcade Fire (Coachella performance and/or Warfield performance)
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Pearl Jam and The Rolling Stones last year, hands down. Both played amazing sets. I got to see two of the greatest rock bands ever from six rows away, I got to see a killer version of RitFW, Mike solo behind his head, the Stones play Paint It Black and to cap it all off Eddie sang with Mick on my favorite Stone's song. It was definitely a night to remember.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    id say velvet revolver who are so great live pearl jam the tragically hip and bruce springstein
  • Options
    I'd say either McCartney in '02 or the Henry Rollins/Keith Morris Black Flag show...
    Rock over London... Rock on Chicago... I love what you do for me Toyota - Wesley Willis
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    id say velvet revolver who are so great live pearl jam the tragically hip and bruce springstein

You know, I was kinda disapointed with Velvet Revolver. I'm like obsessed with VR too...i'm like the biggest fan I know lol...but I just didn't think they sounded that good. I mean they were great on stage, and getting the crowd pumped up, but their sound wasn't that good sometimes.

The best concert i'v been to is Green Day last summer. Fucking unreal. And I wasn't even expecting it to be that good.

Pearl Jam in Kitchener would be number two, followed by Metallica and Van Halen in Toronto in 2004.
  • Options
    moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    STP

or

Phish

or

Gov't Mule - NYE show
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    PJ - 7/8/03

I have seen probably 150-200 shows of all sorts of bands, and this rockets all the way to #1. I've never seen so many people leave a show with their jaws on the floor.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I'm excluding Pearl Jam.

The Drive-By Truckers show I went to was pretty intense...long set-list, great crowd interaction, etc.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    natureboy46natureboy46 Posts: 165
    bruce springstein

Oy vey......
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    Pearl Jam - Toledo - 1996

But if not Pearl Jam...

Live - throwing copper tour in Cleveland
    Scott Weiland - solo tour in CIncinnati
    Muse - 2004 (I think) in Cincinnati (Top Cats)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    natureboy46natureboy46 Posts: 165
    Best ever - MSG #1 03 - Pearl Jam

Besides PJ - most likely U2s ZooTv tour
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Scott Weiland - solo tour in CIncinnati

'97/'98 tour?

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    most memorable and mind blowing concert for me was my first...Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden...Exhibition Stadium 93'

close behind would be Springsteen, all Neil and Crazy Horse shows, all the PJ shows...Stones are good but a different kind of show.
  • Options
    NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    PJ, easily, then Billy Idol.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • Options
    edigerediger Posts: 308
    definately Pearl Jam. Then the Hip. I dont even compare any of those shows to the other concerts I've seen. Next to them it would be

Queens Of The Stone Age
    Mars Volta
    Dropkick Murphys
    Bad Religion
    The Pixies
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • Options
    kiainotkiainot Posts: 24
    hehehe!i'm from Mendoza,Argentina, and neither soundgarden or alice in chains came to argentina, so i'm going to say:
    ****La renga 19997 (it`s a hard rock band that kick ass)
    ****Divididos 1997 ( another hard rock band, with a combination of jimmy hendrix ballads and reggae music)
    ****Los Brujos in 1996 (an alternative band , los brujos were the opening band for nirvana in 1992, and Kurt Cobain stoled part of one of their songs called “Kanishka”, and then he renamed the song and called it “Very Ape”,jejeje ).
    Peligrosos Gorriones 98 ( grunge)
    Korn (in Chile, 2002)
    Pearl Jam (2005 -11-25), Eddie started to cry in the best part of this concert, when they played I Believe In Miracles! You could see the whole band surprised for our reaction
    when the song started. IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! Argentina loves The Ramones,and this was the only country where they played in a stadium, and sold out, in 1996 Eddie was part of their tour.......So You Should download those bootlegs!!!!!.

I Still can't believe that i was there.
  • Options
    Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    I got to see Panic three times on their last tour (San Diego, Tucson, Phoenix) and the Tucson show was absolutely amazing. Jazz jams, bass lines, drum solos, my three favorite songs were played (they never repeat a song within three shows)...what more can you ask for?
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    pearl jam - ithaca 91
    gnr - weedsport 89
    tom waits - toronto 99
    faith no more - rochester 89
  • Options
    joshlsjoshls Posts: 39
    Best show I have seen by far was TOOL at Van Andel arena in Grand Rapids, MI. The show was originally scheduled for 9/11/01 but was rescheduled for a few days later due to the attacks.The energy and performance was amazing. I have seen PJ several times, but nothing compared to this show.
    "I'll see you on the other side." - Sleight of Hand

Top Bands
    1. Pearl Jam - Vs. , Ten , Avocado , Yield , Vitalogy , Binaural , No Code , Riot Act.
    2. Tool - Lateralus , Aenima , 10,000 days , Undertow , Opiate
  • Options
    SandruwaSandruwa Posts: 239
    Neil Young in Ghent somewhere in 2002
    Tom Waits in Amsterdam 19/11/2004
    Rufus Wainwright (and opener Martha) in Brussels 24/10/2005
    Bob Dylan in Brussels 11/11/2005
    RIP Syd ... Shine on you crazy diamond ...
  • Options
    Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    PJ was probably the best show I've been to, although NIN was damn good too. 311 Day this Saturday might overtake em both though...
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • Options
    ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    Audioslave in Portland at the Roseland Theater (?) hell, I think thats what the place was called.....???? anyway they seriously rocked the house.........blew EVERYONE away!!!!
    next best was PJ June 1, 2003 in Mt. View, CA........they did Crazy Mary and it was just sooooooooo incredible.....so glad they sell pro bootlegs.....
  • Options
    MoondemonMoondemon Posts: 93
    Any Pearl jam concert..
    But excluding them, I'd say Tool in 1996 (November 29) for the aenima tour at the Metropolis in Montreal. The Metropolis holds around 3500 people and that made a big difference compared to the show I saw at the Bell centre (21 000+) in 2001.
    Rage against the machine in 1996 was also excellent, just like my first Slayer concert in 2001 !!
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    other than pj, it was definitely nine inch nails on may 10th last year, at the kool haus in toronto.

if pearl jam is included, then it's ottawa 2005, followed by toronto 2000, THEN nin.
  • Options
    HYLAHYLA Posts: 137
    Bridge School 04...

McCartney
    Tony Bennett
    Ben Harper
    Chili Peppers
    Neil
    Eddie Vedder
    Sonic Youth
    Los Lonely Boys

Incredible show.
  • Options
    Aside from PJ, the best show I went to was Metallica in Seattle at Qwest Field. They rocked downtown Seattle HARD!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
  • Options
    Live 8 in Barrie!
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    aside from pearl jam (id pick buffalo 03 as my top performance by them), id have to go with... probably the black crowes in columbus. they rocked pretty hard.

also contending are ben harper, rhcp/foo fighters (though i was too stoned to remember much of it), and the tragically hip show i saw on the phantom power tour.