Name a band that you once loved but now dislike or hate

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Blink 182

Easily my favorite band in high school, listened to all their records nonstop. I dont hate them but I would much rather not listen to them anymore. Their last album was total garbage and I just cannot relate to their music anymore. The vocals are awful as well and it seems like they paved the way for the crap that is popular nowadays. The reincarnations of the band are shit as well.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• memememe Posts: 4,695
    DMB

They now bore me to tears.
    I think it's due to a decline in the quality of their music rather than my change in taste.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • metallica is the big one. i loved nirvana, than hated b/c everyone made them out to be the greatest band ever b.c kurt ate a bullet, now i dig them.
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023, Wrigley 8.29.24, Wrigley 8.31.24
  • wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 165
    Vanilla Ice - man, when I was in 7th grade, for about 3 weeks, he was the man!
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Love the DMB and have seen them about 6 times, but saw them at the bridge school a couple of years ago and it was torturous. I don't know if I changed or they did, but I walked out of their set.
  • Live i was willing to let V slide then after two more bad records that was it.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Ted Nugent, saw him in concert and it looked like he was just going through the motions, sucked real bad.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • dave matthews band.

love them in high school, then the minute I got to college I absolutely hated them.
  • go prego pre Posts: 662
    dave matthews band

i still like the first few albums, but i can't listen to anything from the past seven years or so. i have to ask myself how such a great band could become so bad so fast. right when they dropped steve lilywhite (spelling?) as their producer.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Metallica, Marilyn Manson
  • Live i was willing to let V slide then after two more bad records that was it.

I think Birds of Pray had 5 or 6 good songs. Heck, "She" and "Like I Do" are at least worth the price of a used cd (or a few downloads).

My pick is They Might Be Giants. I think they are one of the most creative artists ever. Some of their songs are just silly, but others are really, really deep. Their lyrics can be phenominal at times. They were one of my favorite bands until I met them and discovered how immature and unprofessional they are.

I still listen to them every now and again, but the magic is kind of gone. Plus everything I've heard of theirs from 1996 on has sucked royally. (though I think it is cool they do some kids music now)
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    smashing Pumpkins- I'm gonna get reemed I'm sure, but hear me out:

I was a big fan for awhile, then I heard their live show from Houston over the radio. It was a charity show back in 98 and only like 1500 tix were released at 50 bucks a pop. They show sold out in 5 minutes. Well I was bummed, but then the radio station did us all a favor and played the show live as it was happening on air. I was taping it. The show sucked so bad. I didn't even finish taping it and taped over the tape with like 98 radio songs that were popular at the time. Their music sounded so out of tune and half assed. Billy Corgan like was singing out of key and the instruments sounded horrible. To this day, that's the worst piano playing I have ever heard (for the tracks they played it on.) The songs sound a little different live, like it's hard to tell what's being played before BC starts singing. (Dylan's like that too though).
    Adore was a so so record, after that, I pretty much gave up. Didn't care to really give machina a listen.
    The new album Zeitgeist was ok, but my enthusiasm and big fan status for the Pumpkins sadly is not there anymore.

All I can say, is I am so glad I saved my money.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Korn... liked them in elementary-freshman yr of high school. now i could care less about them. their basically crap

RHCP- loved them in middle school, tell me baby whats your story, can you play this song anymore on the radio? oh please, that alone made me dislike them. plus their performances seem to suck live. they're starting to become the type of band that kids say they like because they heard 5 songs from them on the radio, then they see them in concert and dont know half the shit they're playing.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • i used to love bush. i used to love hot hot heat. they suck now.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    red mos wrote:
    smashing Pumpkins- I'm gonna get reemed I'm sure, but hear me out:

I was a big fan for awhile, then I heard their live show from Houston over the radio. It was a charity show back in 98 and only like 1500 tix were released at 50 bucks a pop. They show sold out in 5 minutes. Well I was bummed, but then the radio station did us all a favor and played the show live as it was happening on air. I was taping it. The show sucked so bad. I didn't even finish taping it and taped over the tape with like 98 radio songs that were popular at the time. Their music sounded so out of tune and half assed. Billy Corgan like was singing out of key and the instruments sounded horrible. To this day, that's the worst piano playing I have ever heard (for the tracks they played it on.) The songs sound a little different live, like it's hard to tell what's being played before BC starts singing. (Dylan's like that too though).
    Adore was a so so record, after that, I pretty much gave up. Didn't care to really give machina a listen.

The new album Zeitgeist was ok, but my enthusiasm and big fan status for the Pumpkins sadly is not there anymore.

All I can say, is I am so glad I saved my money.

We can get reemed(?) together then cause I agree with you 100%.I have never gone from loving a band so much to despising what they have become.93's Siamese Dream tour still stands as one of the gig highlights of my life.Then the utterly absurdly bloated Mellon Collie was released and I was left thinking "what the fuck" but was still optimistic enought to go see them on that tour which I regret to this day.The whole thing from the black/white set/costume changes to Billy Corgan looking no better than a baldy twat in a dress was pure evil.They were lost to me.
    Ages after it was released I did buy Adore on the recommendation of a friend but it was with caution,it was decent enough,but I have never been able to regain my utter devotion to them.My friend got me a ticket to go see them this week,guess she wanted to hope they would have pulled back from the brink but it was a sad tale.He's still wearing a dress,the new stuff is shit IMO and it aint doing what it says on the tin.Jimmy Chamberlin and Billy Corgan do not the Pumpkins make.I have resigned myself to having seen them in their prime IMO and will walk away allowing newer fans their glory to enjoy.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers*
    *mainly because Anthony
    disrespected Faith No More, who are superior than RHCP.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • T C HT C H Posts: 85
    Offspring.

Back in the early 90s 'Smash' was a good punky rock album which I loved and I enjoyed seeing them live.

Then 'Ixnay..' came out and there were a couple of good songs on it but you could really hear the childish pop-rock starting to creep in. Anything after Ixnay was a total embarrassment and I let them go.....
    I've got a Gibson without a case, but I can't get that even tanned look on my face...
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Papa Roach - The USed - Linkin Park
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    This applies to a lot of the music I listened to as a teenager, but my most embarrassing moment comes from my freshman year of college:

Dashboard Confessional.

Saves the Day and Get Up Kids trail closely. I still cannot believe I went from listening to PJ Harvey and Pavement to (briefly) embracing that crap. I guess every freshman needs to grasp onto something. Thankfully that year wasn't a complete loss - I also discovered Ryan Adams during that same time period.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers

and

Metallica.

I call them pathethic and shameful since 1997-1998!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • ISUalISUal Posts: 40
    soclose wrote:
    This applies to a lot of the music I listened to as a teenager, but my most embarrassing moment comes from my freshman year of college:

Dashboard Confessional.

Saves the Day and Get Up Kids trail closely. I still cannot believe I went from listening to PJ Harvey and Pavement to (briefly) embracing that crap. I guess every freshman needs to grasp onto something. Thankfully that year wasn't a complete loss - I also discovered Ryan Adams during that same time period.

yeah, I listened to that shit for a little bit towards the end of my senior year of high school/freshman year of college. Then, for some reason I decided to give classic rock a fresh ear. Thank God. My sophomore year I made emo kids cry by blaring Live at Leeds through the wall :)
    "I know I was born, and I know that I'll die, but in between is mine..." Ed
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    DMB - i can't listen to his voice anymore. still a talented band, esp the drummer.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Funny that so many listed DMB
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    T C H wrote:
    Offspring.

Back in the early 90s 'Smash' was a good punky rock album which I loved and I enjoyed seeing them live.

Then 'Ixnay..' came out and there were a couple of good songs on it but you could really hear the childish pop-rock starting to creep in. Anything after Ixnay was a total embarrassment and I let them go.....

Oh man, I totally agree except that I also cant even listen to their earlier stuff anymore because the vocals are so bad.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• The only band I can really think of is Live. It's not that I hate them, and I would probably still go see them live just for the old songs, but they haven't had a decent album since The Distance To Here. Shame, cause Ed has such an amazing voice, but it's just wasted on bland songs.
  • DMB
    Poo Fighters
    the who
    led zep
    tool (not that i hate them.. they just have gotten boring musically to me recently)
  • Creed.

It's true :(
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Blink 182

Easily my favorite band in high school, listened to all their records nonstop. I dont hate them but I would much rather not listen to them anymore. Their last album was total garbage and I just cannot relate to their music anymore. The vocals are awful as well and it seems like they paved the way for the crap that is popular nowadays. The reincarnations of the band are shit as well.

Agreed they are the kings of the whiney, snotty, pseudo punk rock that is so annoying. Funny videos can't mask a crap band. I don't know if I can even tell one Blink song apart from another.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Agreed they are the kings of the whiney, snotty, pseudo punk rock that is so annoying. Funny videos can't mask a crap band. I don't know if I can even tell one Blink song apart from another.

Even funnier is the singers' new band Angels and Airwaves, musically it sounds pretty epic, and then he starts singing - seriously he needs to give it up, is his ego that big that he hasn't realised he can't sing for shit?!
  • chris cornell

foo fighters
    the Minions
  • chris cornell

foo fighters

Both still great live, regardless of what you think of their latest offerings though.