Bands with the most uncool fans

Comments

• nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Phish fans.
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157

HA! Holy shit! You are 100% RIGHT, CASE CLOSED!
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    'Grateful Dead' met some cool fans but thay all needed a bath
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • TwatayTwatay Posts: 64
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Tool

we have a winner!
  • I am a big Tool fan myself but a lot of Tool fans are very uncool. The elitism amongst Tool fans is something I really do not like.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    this doesn't apply to any one particular band, but I can't stand those pretentious twats who won't listen to a band if more than ten people know they exist, and even if they do like a popular band they will struggle to come up with lame ass excuses as to why they "don't" like them.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    I find Interpol and Arcade Fire fans really irritating....they're generally pretentious scenester twats
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    PJ Habit wrote:
    'Grateful Dead' met some cool fans but thay all needed a bath

so do pearl jam fans after a day of tailgating and not changing their shirt b4 the concert
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    the ones I know are ~100% teenagers. uhh...
    sorry those are the new fans not the orginal modest mouse fans. I don't claim them and they will be gone soon enough. I do'nt think dashboard went over as well as float on so hopefully they will lose interest and drop off.

I went to a show a few years ago they played doin the cockaroach. Me and half the crowd got very excited. The other half stood around because they never heard it before. Those are the annoying fans not the fans who enjoy all of their work.

for the record i'm 28 far from a teenager.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Chris Cornell. I mean, judging my the message board, it just seems like a lot of middle aged women who worship the ground he walks on and constanlty talk about how beautiful he is.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Ska fans (dont really exist anymore but when it was popular these people annoyed the shit out of me)

why?

really, I'm just curious seeing that I like ska and know many fans. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    muppet wrote:
    Chris Cornell. I mean, judging my the message board, it just seems like a lot of middle aged women who worship the ground he walks on and constanlty talk about how beautiful he is.

that is funny as hell.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • larslars Posts: 524
    any singer/songwriter newcomer fagget fan. James morrisson, the blunt guy, paolo nucini or whatever it is...these guys and their fans are just born annoying
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    ....and I´m proud to be a Korn fan (notice the capitol fuckin K)
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    muppet wrote:

CC is the new Rod Stewart didn't you know?
  • this doesn't apply to any one particular band, but I can't stand those pretentious twats who won't listen to a band if more than ten people know they exist, and even if they do like a popular band they will struggle to come up with lame ass excuses as to why they "don't" like them.

well put...those people get under my skin
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    Soupy wrote:
    CC is the new Rod Stewart didn't you know?

:D
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    that is funny as hell.

It's true though. If you go there, you'll be up to your neck in posts about Chris Cornell's eyes.

TBF though I think you have to admire what they're doing for this whole 'Street Team' thing. I'm personally not invovled but a lot of them are really, really dedicated.
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    Any band that has high school kids wearing their shirts that didn't go see them in concert. I believe these are found in stores like Spencer Gifts.
    whulmef wrote:
    Any band that has high school kids wearing their shirts that didn't go see them in concert. I believe these are found in stores like Spencer Gifts.

hot topic is another big place for the kiddies
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    Erm I think the number 1 band on this list is OASIS!!!!!!!!!!!
    that's what i thought he forgot to mention them ??.....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I wouldn't say Oasis fans are uncool as such.....but then they're not really fans in the sense that Pearl Jam fans are fans.

Oasis fans tend to like them just because they think they ought to.....they're beer boys who are into getting pissed, being loud, being obnoxious...trying to imitate the band really. They generally don't care about the music.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I wouldn't say Oasis fans are uncool as such.....but then they're not really fans in the sense that Pearl Jam fans are fans.

Oasis fans tend to like them just because they think they ought to.....they're beer boys who are into getting pissed, being loud, being obnoxious...trying to imitate the band really. They generally don't care about the music.

That statement doesnt hold true here in America at all.............I have seen some Oasis fans from the UK and it is pathetic how many attempt to look like Liam with the same hair, clothes, etc.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    That statement doesnt hold true here in America at all.............I have seen some Oasis fans from the UK and it is pathetic how many attempt to look like Liam with the same hair, clothes, etc.

I don't doubt you're right.....I was basing it solely on the UK fans.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Kottonmouth Kings.
    The fact I even know that is upsetting to me...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    To be fair only half of DMB's fans are dicks. You know the jock assholes that go to the shows to get fucked up, fight and have sex. Then theres the fans that go get fucked up, Have a good time, dance, sing....eat drink and be merry if you will.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • TwatayTwatay Posts: 64
    lars wrote:
    ....and I´m proud to be a Korn fan (notice the capitol fuckin K)

LOL
  • Tool..and I love Tool but their fans act so pretentious and wanna be hardcore...or maybe that's just the ones I know.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Mickey1794Mickey1794 Posts: 104
    Metallica. They hate every band thats not Metallica.
    11/5/93 Indio, CA;11/6/95 SD; 7/13/98 LA; 10/24/00 LA; 10/28/00 SB; 4/1/03 CO; 6/2/03 OC; 6/5/03 SD; 9/2/05 BC; 7/9-10/06 LA; 10/21/06 Bridge; 12/9/06 Oahu; 10/27/07 Bridge; 4/12/08 Eddie; 6/30/08 Mansfield; 9/30/09 Universal; 7/9/11 Eddie; 11/23-24/13 LA; 11/26/13 Oak.;10/22/13 CO
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    i dont think there are any bands who have crappy fans in general, but there is definitely a class of shitty fans out there, they are as follows:

The ones who can't handle their alcohol
    The ones who are trying to hard to fit into a scene
    The ones who disrespect the band/ supporting band
    The ones who disregaurd other people's personal space
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg