Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Cake
    Barenaked Ladies
    Flaming Lips
    Primus
    Crash Test Dummies

Maybe you should elaborate on this one for me. Your opinion means nothing at this point and time. What do you mean by "assholes"?
    Cock Fight.
  • I get what you're saying about BNL, but doesn't seem to apply to the others on your list. Although I can't say that I know much about Cake other than I like their music.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Tek Money wrote:
    Maybe you should elaborate on this one for me. Your opinion means nothing at this point and time. What do you mean by "assholes"?

Stupid, annoying, etc.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Stupid, annoying, etc.

And you say that they are "trying" to be funny and different? Maybe you should back up your post. So far it has been nothing but idiotic name calling.
    Cock Fight.
  • I know what you mean. Bands that try to be ironic and quirky but are bereft of sharp wit, because their humour is tame, lame, saccharine, formulaic and twee. Or just crap, in the case of the Bloodhound Gang.

Let's see, tame, lame, saccharine and twee ... as opposed to Weird Al flat-out shite ...

um ...

well ...

There was this shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19McuaPKjI8
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    I'll try to remember the name, but it's a spoof band that makes fun of popular artists. Dog Bone or something like that. I'll try to remember the name. Truly, truly annoying.
    I know what you mean. Bands that try to be ironic and quirky but are bereft of sharp wit, because their humour is tame, lame, saccharine, formulaic and twee. Or just crap, in the case of the Bloodhound Gang.

Let's see, tame, lame, saccharine and twee ... as opposed to Weird Al flat-out shite ...

um ...

well ...

There was this shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19McuaPKjI8

I used to really enjoy Bloodhound Gang when I was like 13, now I am shocked that I even found that music funny even considering I was that young.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    From what I've heard of them, I don't think that Crash Test Dummies are trying to be funny or quirky. I think that guy just has such a deep voice and people aren't used to that so they think it's a gimmick or something.
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    Blink 182 anyone?
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    The Darkness
  • Cake
    Barenaked Ladies
    Flaming Lips
    Primus
    Crash Test Dummies

The first two are just flat out fun bands, and on the third one, i think you're dead dead dead dead dead wrong. there's a lot of creative talent there, and wayne coyne is one of the greatest to his fans, and one of the more down to earth rock stars out there. go see em live- it's a hell of a show.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Wolfmother
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Wolfmother

True, the music sounds good........the vocals sound hideous
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    this thread is garbage.
    I say we jizz all over it and call it a day.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Cake
    Barenaked Ladies
    Flaming Lips
    Primus
    Crash Test Dummies
    Primus?? are you fucking kidding me? they're amazing... les claypool is a bass god

and bloodhound gang are from my town.. i used to work with their old drummer, Daddy Long Legs... DJ Q Ball used to work at the Lone Star at the mall, and my sis went to school w/ Jimmy Pop
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
    oppie1 wrote:
    Primus?? are you fucking kidding me? they're amazing... les claypool is a bass god

and bloodhound gang are from my town.. i used to work with their old drummer, Daddy Long Legs... DJ Q Ball used to work at the Lone Star at the mall, and my sis went to school w/ Jimmy Pop

Its quite pathetic that those guys are still making music like that at their age.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Its quite pathetic that those guys are still making music like that at their age.

no more pathetic than Oasis making music at any age.
    Take your stinkin’ hands off me, you damn dirty ape
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Its quite pathetic that those guys are still making music like that at their age.
    Yeah I know. Imagine if Pearl Jam was still making music at their age.
    danny72688 wrote:
    Yeah I know. Imagine if Pearl Jam was still making music at their age.

The combined age of the Rolling Stones now is 257. That's 64 years each. Ouch.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    this thread is garbage.

Dont post in it then.

I agree with the person who said The Darkness definitely.

My vote goes to Bowling for Soup, their videos are painfully unfunny. I suppose they are targeted at kids but even if i was a kid id be above the shit they come out with.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    oppie1 wrote:

All I know of the other bands are their "hits", so I'm not too familiar with them, but I am a huge fan of Primus, and Claypool is, in fact, a bass god. They are one of the only non-jam-bands out there (other than PJ) that will put on a 2.5 or 3 hour show that kicks major ass from start to end.

Plus, I still think Bloodhound Gang is pretty funny. But then again most of the entertainment in my life comes from dick and fart jokes, so that shows the maturity of my sense of humor...

:D
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    this thread is garbage.

AMEN!

EXUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ME

PRIMUS ARE FUCKING ROCK, THOSE 3 GUYS ARE AWESOME MUSCIANS!

what do you mean tehem trying to be different funny? in their song titles or what?

I think its cool to vary it all around rather than the usual topics of love, hate, politics or whatever

Also the lyrics are then harder to interpret to more mystery :)
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Primus
    So very very very wrong about that call.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    The first two are just flat out fun bands, and on the third one, i think you're dead dead dead dead dead wrong. there's a lot of creative talent there, and wayne coyne is one of the greatest to his fans, and one of the more down to earth rock stars out there. go see em live- it's a hell of a show.

I AGREE. I love the Flaming Lips. Death to anyone who thinks otherwise. I saw them in San Francisco and it was the most amazing show.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • rage333 wrote:
    I AGREE. I love the Flaming Lips. Death to anyone who thinks otherwise. I saw them in San Francisco and it was the most amazing show.

The Flaming Lips are fucking amazing and their live show is even better!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    Korn's song "All in the Family" where Jonothan raps with Fred Durst is the most offensive, homophobic, unfunny, piece of shit ever. He may have been able to get away with that song in the late 90's, but i doubt he could today.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    bestsane wrote:
    Blink 182 anyone?
    no see thats band that actually IS FUNNY, go listen to there live cd
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    no see thats band that actually IS FUNNY, go listen to there live cd
    "The most special kind of love is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch." Made me laugh so hard when I heard that :D
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    i dont really understand this thread....but i'll contribute anyhow:

Coheed and Cambria. That dude's voice is excruciating.
    Jam out with your clam out.