Your top 5 Live Earth performances

2»

Comments

• culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Metallica weren't very good. I thought the dad from American Chopper was doing the singing and can't they come up with something a little more fresh than Sad But True. I also think Hammett got hair plugs. They need to just age gracefully and quit fighting the fact they arent 20 anymore.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    direwolf74 wrote:
    I didn't see the whole thing, but the Foo Fighters kicked ass. The Police were awesome too until Kanye West walked out on stage and f**kin' ruined everything. Did Sting actually invite him, or did he just walk out there with a microphone?
    i think he walked out on his own.. Sting doesn't care about black people
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Foo
    Pumpkins
    Metallica
    Spinal Tap
    Roger Waters
    If you're headed to the grave,
    you don't blame the hearse.

07/09/03, 05/05/06, 06/01/06, 06/03/06
  • pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    oppie1 wrote:
    i think he walked out on his own.. Sting doesn't care about black people

lmao :D
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • culot4 wrote:
    Metallica weren't very good. I thought the dad from American Chopper was doing the singing and can't they come up with something a little more fresh than Sad But True. I also think Hammett got hair plugs. They need to just age gracefully and quit fighting the fact they arent 20 anymore.

perhaps they could have opened with fuel

only call it "alternative" fuel.
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Hello Wimbledon!
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Foo Fighters
    Pumpkins
    John Mayer
    Alicia Keys/Keith Urban doing Gimme Shelter
    And, yes, Bon Jovi.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • leafs4everleafs4ever Posts: 833
    1. foo fighters (the energy Dave puts out is insane, great finish with Everlong)
    2. Roger Waters (amazing from start to finishes, i just wish all of floyd had been together like Live8)
    3. Damien Rice and David Gray (pure genius to put these 2 together, wish Damien had of played Delicate)
    4. Missy Higgens (i had never heard of her and was very impressed)
    5. Linkin park (Chester was off a bit on the vocals, but still a great performance)
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • D.C.D.C. Posts: 20
    pumpkins....

sounded very good, but they needed to turn down that chicks mic, it was louder than billys i think..

shit that chick is smokin hot too

and how the hell did he pronounce tarantula
  • jsasojsaso Posts: 179
    GoBucky wrote:
    I saw it yesterday, and that was more than enough. They've been a brutal band since 91. Besides, you have The Police in your bottom 9, so I'll just leave it alone!

the police are a white reagge/pop band...and they are not
    writting new songs...just millking a 20 year old cow
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    1. rihanna

period.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    D.C. wrote:
    and how the hell did he pronounce tarantula

tar on too la
  • jsasojsaso Posts: 179
    PJammin' wrote:
    1. rihanna

period.

umbrella, ella, ellla, ella...
  • I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    Keane was my fav
    I've never understood the Foo Fighter's appeal. It's just a bunch of noise & yelling to these ears

KEANE???

As for the Foos, i think the 'noise' you refer to is known as Rock and Roll.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • I'm Gone wrote:
    KEANE???

As for the Foos, i think the 'noise' you refer to is known as Rock and Roll.

power chords + yelling = Rock and Roll??
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    Nice to see John Mayer getting some much deserved kudos here.

I thought Genesis's Duke tracks were awesome...though I hate Invisable Touch...

While I didn't see the whole show I must say Madonna really impressed the heck out of me and um it was great to finally see Paul Kelly play(he's awesome)
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    augustwest wrote:
    Nice to see John Mayer getting some much deserved kudos here.

Definitely, I'm psyched that he was able to showcase some of his guitar playing, "Gravity" is really an awesome live song.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I thought Metallica were shit, music was good (obviously) but James Hetfield's voice blows these days, he was never the best singer but he missed a hell of alot of notes.

Foo's were the best.
    Spinal Tap were hilarious.
    Pumpkins were good, as was John Mayer.
    chris01 wrote:
    Spinal Tap were hilarious.
    A friend of mine who was there said that there were quite a few people in the crowd who didn't know who Spinal Tap were, and they were mostly saying "who is this band? They're crap!" :D lmao...
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    pdh1978 wrote:
    A friend of mine who was there said that there were quite a few people in the crowd who didn't know who Spinal Tap were, and they were mostly saying "who is this band? They're crap!" :D lmao...

A friend of mine didnt know there were fictional until late Saturday night!! lol
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    jsaso wrote:

You mean that they are in the middle of one of the most requested and attended reunion tours in history, right?
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    jsaso wrote:

And BTW...Metallica may be the worlds worst white pop band out there now! The metal should've been taken out of their name in 1991.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    cornell
    pumpkins
    metallica

now..... metallica sounded crappy.. must have been the shite equipment.. i think it was all set up for the same..there is no soundchecks or anything....

i can tell you it was the sound becuase i saw them the day after ( last night ) at wembley stadium.. same place... for a proper metal show and that was totally awesome.

why are people getting all crappy about what corgan said.. im glad he is telling people to buy the album... get people to listen to new shit not metal core or indie...

lets face it.. the whole thing is a complete failure... is the concert green? a lot of lighting used and stuff.. not to mention flying the bands all over the place or using buses.... what exactly was the point of it.... live earth doesn't really explain much.. at least live 8 had some make poverty history thing to it and that made it clear what it was all about
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Chris Cornell's singing of "Black Hole Sun" was just pathetic. Chris quit being a pussy and start fucking screaming again.
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Chris Cornell's singing of "Black Hole Sun" was just pathetic. Chris quit being a pussy and start fucking screaming again.

When did he ever scream in Black Hole Sun??
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    Foo Fighters

AFI

Jack Johnson

Chris Cornell

Roger Waters...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    pdh1978 wrote:
    When did he ever scream in Black Hole Sun??

You know that part where he goes "Black Hole Sun, Black Hole Sun, Black Hole Sun, Won't You Come"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,256
    Matty Boy wrote:
    yeah you hit the nail i was trying to figure out what was missing from his performance i don't know if it was the screaming missin or just more emotion it just didn't work for me imo ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....