Options

Does anybody like british rock?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Artic Monkeys are good, and we are scientists aren't bad either

Agree.

I met the bassist of We Are Scientists at my uni when they did a gig :)
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    !!!!!! Posts: 28
    The Stone Roses
    The Verve
    Ride
    Ocean Colour Scene
    My Bloody Valentine
    Lush

:)
    SIGNATURE :)
  • Options
    Oasis
    Oasis
    Oasis
    Oasis
    Oasis
    Stone Roses
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    pink floyd - anytime, any lineup.

division bell tour, arrowhead stadium, kc, mo, on june 20, 1994

simply amazing :cool:
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    brit rock/pop is a great kind of music!!!!!!!!the groups like franz ferdinand and kaiser chiefs are two of my favourites nowadays....
  • Options
    Hmm it's strange the only British bands I like are the ones from the 60's really. Led Zep, Pink Floyd etc etc, guess I was raised right lol.
    All the newer stuff I've gotten into is early 90's American bands
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I like the Who also :D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    vsinjusticevsinjustice Posts: 20
    Sure do! Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand, Keane, Snow Patrol, Stereophonics, The Magic Numbers... among others.
    "If you hate something, don't you do it, too..."
  • Options
    jodijodi Posts: 183
    i like muse!!, bush, radiohead, oasis and placebo (ok it's 1/3 british..)
    There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms...
    And I know she's reached my heart,... in thin air
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    the Who springs in mind first.
    then the Arctic Monkeys (I love love love love them!!! :D:D)
    then.. the Darkness.

and, Marc Bolan!!!! :D:D he's so great, sexy groove songs! :D

I like other Brit rock bands too but at the momen these are the ones. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I think i still have the 'how to make friends and influence people' terrorvision cd somewhere, i really liked that but they were shit after it.

Oasis first two albums i loved, didnt like the rest (except the b-sides).
    Was never a big fan of Blur but i like some songs here and there.
    Pulp were shit..... very appropriate that Jarvis had the word 'cock' in his surname. :D

Biffy Clyro, Bush, Supergrass, Manic Street Preachers, Placebo (british based band at least). Like all them.
  • Options
    Britpop was cool, and I still think Oasis are one of the best British bands these days (except for the Stones n' stuff...). Arctic Monkeys are so overrated, as are Dirty Shitty Things. These days the whole NME "new rock revolution" is such a pile of shit I can't stand it. Going to Reading fest for the PJ day and my mate just wants to watch Kooks, Rakes, Maximo park.... god help me!

But anyway, British rock does literally rock. We've got Zeppelin, The Who, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd and so much more!
  • Options
    Arctic Monkeys are so overrated, as are Dirty Shitty Things. These days the whole NME "new rock revolution" is such a pile of shit I can't stand it. Going to Reading fest for the PJ day and my mate just wants to watch Kooks, Rakes, Maximo park.... god help me!

Man these bands are throwing the British rock scene over their shoulder and jumping into the toilet bowl with it.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    The Catherine Wheel baby!! Rob Dickinson has a killer vocal range. "Chrome" "Happy Days" "Adam & Eve" + "Wishville" are staples in my stereo
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    your use of the word grand was very irish. were you study?

yeah, i picked up a few mannerisms over there. i studied at a little school in dublin called the institute of public administration. it was somewhere south of the canal. i lived in a flat off... im not going to spell this right... ranelagh. best summer of my life. we traveled a lot on weekends... cork, galway/aran islands, portrush/ballintoy, glendalough (sp?). did a weekend in london/bath. then went to amsterdam for a week after ;)

anyway... i forgot the stone roses on my list. love them. and ive been getting into snow patrol lately. i keep hearing about the artic monkeys, but the samples i heard all sounded identical. they were only 30 seconds though. i also bought the bloc party cd and i really like that.
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    Radiohead are kings. One of the best bands ever surely.

Used to love Oasis but now I think theyre just trash with absolutely no originality.
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I tend mainly to like British rock. I prefer British folk rock especially.
  • Options
    jimmythingjimmything Posts: 11
    I can't believe no one mentioned the LIBERTINES.
  • Options
    Manic Street Preachers
    The Verve
    Oasis
    Ash
    Radiohead
    Feeder
    The Libertines
    Muse
    The Music
    Stereophonics
    Starsailor
    Supergrass

AWESOME BANDS!
  • Options
    Athlete and Keane are okay too....if you're into easygoing, Coldplayish like rock.
  • Options
    Elbow, Doves, Editors and Hard-fi are pretty good too but not as good as the ones i mentioned above
  • Options
    "Used to love Oasis but now I think theyre just trash with absolutely no originality.[/quote]"

Have you listened to their newest album? Its alot better than the crap they've put out in recent years.
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    jimmything wrote:
    Have you listened to their newest album? Its alot better than the crap they've put out in recent years.

yeah i have listened to DBTT. Its allright..but again, I dont see much progress from what they put out in Def Maybe. Like a friend of mine said, when u take other bands' music (Beatles, Stones) with little originality of your own u can come out with a few good albums, maybe even a great one (Morning Glory) but after that, where do u go?

I personally feel Be Here Now was awesome and if they had continued down that path I think they couldve been something bigger critically. Commercially they have achieved 'it' of course.
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,854
    what's the story morning glory is one of my favorite albums of all time. don't look back in anger is one of my favorite songs of all time. I love Oasis. Radiohead is right behind Pearl Jam for me. And all the old stuff: The Beatles, Pink Floyd, supreme for me.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    SandruwaSandruwa Posts: 239
    I like Manic Street Preachers aweful lot ... Oasis has got some really good songs, but I was a Blur-person. I kinda like Starsailor and Stereophonics too.
    The Who, Pink Floyd, the Cure, New Model Army and most definately Joy Division ... and many more British bands
    RIP Syd ... Shine on you crazy diamond ...
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    other than the classic rock bands, i've been a Radiohead and Gomez fan for a while now, i use to really like Oasis, still like them but not as much, btw, brittish rock was almost as big as grunge here in the early 90's, and today Radiohead are more popular than Pearl Jam here. (they've played Montreal a lot more than PJ, that helps).
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Not a fan of new British rock bands but love the classic one's.

To name a few:
    Led Zep
    The Who
    Rolling Stones
    Queen
    T Rex
    Iron Maiden
    Motorhead
    Black Sabbath
    Deep Purple
    Sex Pistols
    The Eagles
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    vsinjusticevsinjustice Posts: 20
    yeah, i picked up a few mannerisms over there.

hahaha.. you just reminded of what I picked up while I was work-study in London for 3 months back in '99. Came back using -ish (i.e. noonish), which I hadn't realized became part of my vernacular until I got back to the states. Oh, and that's another thing that has stuck.. "the states" lol. Good times. I've gotta make my way to Ireland one of these days.
    "If you hate something, don't you do it, too..."