New Blind Melon Album - "For My Friends" - Out 22nd April 2008

Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Yo all

just a heads up ;p

i hope they come to Europe... ahh

all you anti new melon just stay away, cba with you lot. We all know Shannon kicked ass and still does.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/BlindMelon/Wishing-Well--59021815

check that shit out. Love that song, its so good!

also check http://www.myspace.com/blindmelon for some other new songs.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    saw them in seattle one week ago tonight. i was impressed by how the new stuff sounded and the sound in the place sucked. i cant wait to hear this new album.

here is a little flyer:
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5325.jpg
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 671
    I'm from Indiana, where Shannon is from, and Blind Melon played a show at the Vogue in Indianapolis and all of Shannon's friends and family came down for the show from Lafayette. The show was amazing but one of the greatest parts was when the band brought Nico out on stage, Shannon's daughter. She sang two songs, and I wasn't the only one with a tear in my eye. The band has EXTREME support from Shannon's family and friends. The room was so alive with Shannon, that there is NO WAY I could say that this is wrong to be happening. There is noone who was a bigger Blind Melon fan than I was and this is just so right!!! Otherwise Shannon would fade away, and now with this new album, he is alive again!

To all the people who think Blind Melon should not have reformed with a new singer. How do you feel about Eddie taking the place of Andy? I know the band is not all the same and they changed the name, but seriously it's kinda the same thing. Please don't flame me, I'm just asking? I just could not be happier about the new album and if you get a chance-keep an open mind with Shannon in your heart and just go see the show, I promise when you leave, you will feel that this is a very good thing.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    irieinindy wrote:
    I'm from Indiana, where Shannon is from, and Blind Melon played a show at the Vogue in Indianapolis and all of Shannon's friends and family came down for the show from Lafayette. The show was amazing but one of the greatest parts was when the band brought Nico out on stage, Shannon's daughter. She sang two songs, and I wasn't the only one with a tear in my eye. The band has EXTREME support from Shannon's family and friends. The room was so alive with Shannon, that there is NO WAY I could say that this is wrong to be happening. There is noone who was a bigger Blind Melon fan than I was and this is just so right!!! Otherwise Shannon would fade away, and now with this new album, he is alive again!

To all the people who think Blind Melon should not have reformed with a new singer. How do you feel about Eddie taking the place of Andy? I know the band is not all the same and they changed the name, but seriously it's kinda the same thing. Please don't flame me, I'm just asking? I just could not be happier about the new album and if you get a chance-keep an open mind with Shannon in your heart and just go see the show, I promise when you leave, you will feel that this is a very good thing.

great post

do you go to the vigils?
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I don't really have a problem with the new singer, i just think the new song sucks in a way. Its not terrible, but compared to anything off soup or self titled, the song absolutely fails. Maybe if the other songs are good I would have more interest.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I love Wishing Well - great song. Looking forward to the record.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    They played in Nashville a few weeks ago and I missed them because I was closing on my house.

Priorities. ;)

Can't wait for the new album though.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I am ready for some new Blind Melon...At least I will try..
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I had tickets for the Indy Show and missed it!! I had the hangover from hell after watching both Purdue and IU botch the Big Ten Tourny.
    Jason P wrote:
    I had tickets for the Indy Show and missed it!! I had the hangover from hell after watching both Purdue and IU botch the Big Ten Tourny.

They're playing Cincy in a few months.

Tickets have been extremely reasonable...like $15.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Just saw them a week ago here in Boise. Ran into a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in awhile and he casually slid a couple grams of shrooms into my hand as we shook. Needless to say, great fucking show! I don't envy the position that Travis is in when it comes to narrow minded fans of the old material, but that fucker can sing his ass off. I sing in a band, so I'm not quick to think anyone can sing well, but his power and range seem limitless and effortless. The crowd totally embraced them and their energy and they kept giving it right back. They played well over 20 songs and I thought the new material held its own.. at least in a live setting.

I'll be picking up the new disk.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Haven't heard any of the new stuff. how is it?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jason P wrote:

Big mistake. BIG!
    irieinindy wrote:
    I The show was amazing but one of the greatest parts was when the band brought Nico out on stage, Shannon's daughter. She sang two songs, and I wasn't the only one with a tear in my eye.

there are vids on youtube of change. what a moment that mustve been.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    I BrisK I wrote:
    great post

do you go to the vigils?

No. Too many rock stars to mourn, it sucks.
    there are vids on youtube of change. what a moment that mustve been.

THANKS!
    It was a great moment and I loved seeing it again!
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Can't wait to see them on May 12
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    I saw the first show back on 10/07/07 in Rhode Island. It was the most emotional show I have ever been to. I got to talk to the band minus Travis. I got a lot off my chest about Shannon dying, and how much I loved their music.
    I went again on 02/29/08 in Hartford. Again, top notch show. I like the new songs. I like the direction they are heading. I am so happy that Shannon can be heard again. I am so happy that group of guys can play the music that they were always suppose to play.

Looking forward to the new ablum.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
    irieinindy wrote:
    THANKS!
    It was a great moment and I loved seeing it again!
    no problem
    Album out today.

I downloaded Sometimes off iTunes...plan on getting the rest of it later.

Good stuff.

PBM

• release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Gonna pick it up today..As with the new Tantric album...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Just got back from picking it up from FYE. I'll be listening it to it for the rest of the day/week. Everyone should go pick it up!!
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Shit. I almost forgot. Time to head to the record store...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Doesn't seem like theres much love for Blind Melon in here.
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    There's much love for Blind Melon here. It just seems people are split on the band reforming. I am giving Travis a chance.

I bought the new cd yesterday, even though I have had the demos forever. It is a little different vocally than the demos. It's a great record.

I recommend Father Time in a good set of headphones..there's a stereo part that will give you chills.
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    Damn, I need to go get this. Gotta wait till I get paid though...

They put on an incredible show here in STL last month.
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    Great, great album. I've been listening to it non stop since Tuesday, and this IS Blind Melon. Travis isn't Shannon, but he's still good, and the band sounds amazing. Better than I had hoped for.
    sometimes is great, just great. love this stuff so far.
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    I think Make a Difference is my favorite so far. That song rocks.
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    I have heard the demos, and even have seen some of these songs live. The studio tracks are great. Is it me, or does this truly sound like they are releasing 14 years of every single emotion in this album? I am really liking the new album a lot. Good stuff. I am glad to see some people giving it a try.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    I'm a huge Melon fan and I got to see the guys in Tulsa recently. They really did put on a great show and Travis sounded really good, even if he didn't look quite comfortable out there. As for the album, I like it but don't love it. Some songs are really pretty good (Sometimes, Make A Difference, Cheatem St., Hypnotize), whereas some others are a bit lacking (For My Friends, Wishing Well). Travis's lyrics are a bit weak but I'm glad to see the guys back together.