Chris Cornell @ Roundhouse, London - Pit Meetup?

Comments

• hey fp.

i will hopefully be there at 3ish...

got to hand my dissertation in, so will need a drink after that!!!

and i will join you in throwing something at him if say hello to heaven isnt played.

maybe a wooden plaque isnt such a good idea though

Sounds good, I'll probably be there around that time, gotta organise my friends, but I'm sure they will fall in line.

Oh and one last one, what pub?!
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Sounds good, I'll probably be there around that time, gotta organise my friends, but I'm sure they will fall in line.

Oh and one last one, what pub?!
    Bartok...opposite Roundhouse (chalk farm tube)
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • wash_ wrote:

Excellent, see you there!
  • wash_ wrote:

Awesome looking forwarded to it, I should get there after work around 6ish
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • Ok well I'm up and dressed! :D

I may well wait for Rita as I think it's a bit rude to just leave her! She did feed me and provide me with wine last night!

Maybe Rita and I will start drinking at her house in a bit! :D

See everyone soon
    xxxx
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • dbkdbk Posts: 304
    been a looooooooong time

got 2 standing spares for tonight if anyones interested??

let us know
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Don! Are you gonna be there then???

CHANGE OF VENUE FOR MEET-UP!!!! Those that are there already say the Bartok is not open yet... People meeting up at the Misty Moon just a bit down Chalk Road :D
  • Well the gig was good.

We got Say Hello to Heaven which was nice. Not sure about some of the SG songs, they kinda played around with the intro's which was confusing!

It was nice to meet people pre-gig for drinks. Always fun to catch up with PJ folks! :)

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Owwww...my neck hurts :( Too much headbanging :D

Good gig, wouldn't say it was as good as Astoria in May. Nice to hear DOTU songs.

Was cool to see everyone again :)
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Wow... great gig. See wash.. I thought it was better than the Astoria, CC's voice amazing, the band a lot tighter! Say Hello 2 Heaven AND Wave Goodbye... I was in heaven! :D
  • yep, i'm with redrock.

I couldn't believe they played wave goodbye...im still in shock a bit!

And ty cobb!!!

of course say hello to heaven was another highlight.

However, the whole lotta love thing smashed it!!!

the only thing i might be a teensy bit critical of is that the audioslave songs dont vary enough. i think ive heard those songs live too much, maybe playing other songs like wide awake, revalations, shadow on the sun, last remaining light etc, would be cool.

A great performance though, I really hope he writes and records the new album with this band.
    I am awed at their stamina, 26 songs!!! no band ive seen plays that much live!!!

And it was good to see pj people there.
  • redrock wrote:
    Wow... great gig. See wash.. I thought it was better than the Astoria, CC's voice amazing, the band a lot tighter! Say Hello 2 Heaven AND Wave Goodbye... I was in heaven! :D

Yeah the set list was way better than the astoria, Say Hello 2 Heaven and Wave Goodbye were incredible! Not to forget they played half of Whole Lotta Love at the end of Slaves and Bulldozers! I couldn't believe it, at first I thought they were just gonna play a bit of the music, but when he started singing too it was amazing!

I swear Cornell must have some sort of reserve tank, cause he just keeps going all night, and when you think he must have nothing left to give, he busts out all these ridiculous high notes, superb! Fingers crossed someone was recording the show.
    Does anyone have the set list? I think I need to see it to remind myself what I heard. The set list was alot more varied than the Astoria, but I wasn't too sure about the medley at the end (What you are and Slaves) ....

...ah, ignore me! I think the the people around me (exclu Pip and Sandra) pissed me off and tainted it. 6 ft + guy at barrier holding arms up to take photos and videos :(

Was a great night though...Ty Cobb :eek: and Say Hello 2 Heaven :eek: AND SEASONS (again!) :eek:
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• wash_ wrote:
    Does anyone have the set list? I think I need to see it to remind myself what I heard. The set list was alot more varied than the Astoria, but I wasn't too sure about the medley at the end (What you are and Slaves) ....

...ah, ignore me! I think the the people around me (exclu Pip and Sandra) pissed me off and tainted it. 6 ft + guy at barrier holding arms up to take photos and videos :(

Was a great night though...Ty Cobb :eek: and Say Hello 2 Heaven :eek: AND SEASONS (again!) :eek:

I just copied this from the CC board:
    SILENCE THE VOICES
    ORIGINAL FIRE
    LET ME DROWN
    OUTSHINED
    SHOW ME HOW TO LIVE
    YOU KNOW MY NAME
    NO SUCH THING
    SAY HELLO TO HEAVEN
    BE YOURSELF
    WHAT YOU ARE
    RUSTY CAGE

acoustic
    BILLIE JEAN
    FELL ON BLACK DAYS
    PREACHING THE END OF THE WORLD
    BLOW UP THE OUTSIDE WORLD
    DOESN’T REMIND ME

COCHISE
    TY COBB
    BLACK HOLE SUN
    SPOONMAN
    JESUS CHRIST POSE

SEASONS
    ARMS AROUND YOUR LOVE
    WAVE GOODBYE
    BURDEN IN MY HAND
    SLAVES AND BULLDOZERS
    WHOLE LOTTA LOVE
  • he sang the first verse of like a stone during slaves and bulldozers.

the guy next to me on the barrier cracked me up, he'd never heard of sg or totd but was totally into the whole night, we both collapsed in shock at the end!

the thing is, there will be a new generation of cornell fans who have only heard of him through audioslave or carry on anbd it cant be a bad thing.

it was interesting that cornell said he wrote outshined to Andrew Wood, kinda makes more sense now.
  • Damn that's an awesome setlist. I hope he plays something similar at the Birmingham Academy tonight. What time did he come onstage and what time did he finish?
  • Damn that's an awesome setlist. I hope he plays something similar at the Birmingham Academy tonight. What time did he come onstage and what time did he finish?

Came on around 8:45 and finished around 11 ish, I can't remember exactly. I'm really surprised how many songs he played.

Claire I totally agree about the Audioslave songs, it would be nice if he started mixing them up a bit, I couldn't help but think some of them (like What you are, for example) are just being used to bulk up the set list.
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    WOW!

I hope he plays a great set like that tonight...I would kill for a couple of Euphoria Morning songs!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Me post Cornell > :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Ok I just noticed you got Blow Up The Outside World and Burden In My Hand.

Me pre Cornell > :eek:
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• Highlights were definitely, Say Hello to Heaven, Seasons and Whole Lotta Love.

I'm not overly keen on his new solo album but the set was pretty damn good.

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Dave sure you will have an AMAZING night and we want to hear all about it!

Oh and Ross Halfin was taking pictures throughout the set and encores so keep on eye on his site for the photos ... he already mentions the gig in his blog :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • audiodave wrote:
    WOW!

I hope he plays a great set like that tonight...I would kill for a couple of Euphoria Morning songs!

I'm sure both you and Mike will get an equally good set list.

I just hope that you don't get Steel Rain. I'll be annoyed if you do :p:)

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Pretty much the same set, though we didn't get Preaching The End Of The World, Ty Cobb or Blow Up The Outside World. Got Call Me A Dog, and some other random song I didn't know instead.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    ah was so fucking cool

Babs and i totally rocked 1st/2nd row in front of cornell ;)

Pre meet up was nice :) was good to see the majority of the "crew".

Also met some awesome people before the show... this mexican dude wearing the hand pj shirt. stood riight behind me.. yes the mexican guy who threw his flag on the stage and cornell put it on his shoulders, he went with a bunch of other mexicans and a colombian so it was nice meeting her ( im half colombian ;).

OH and i met a really cool slovakian..

yeh great fucking show.. wow rusty cage was insane, people right behind me where just charging into each other.... i swear everyone went mad for the carry on shit :(

I was shouting out holy water, gun and hands all over, i think people looked me with thinking, wtf are those songs LOL.

Was a great show though :) Say hello, blow up the outside, fell on , slave > whole lotta love thing , the list goes on!

wasn't for school on wed i would go to the show ugh
  • anyone else repping at nottingham later?

i lucked out coz my mate has family he has been meaning to visit there for a while, so we decided to combine it with the gig

i'll let you know wht its like.

birmingham got call me a dog, was that cornell acoustic?

brisk, was cool seeing you again, albeit briefly, lol.
  • I BrisK I wrote:
    ah was so fucking cool

Babs and i totally rocked 1st/2nd row in front of cornell ;)

Pre meet up was nice :) was good to see the majority of the "crew".

Also met some awesome people before the show... this mexican dude wearing the hand pj shirt. stood riight behind me.. yes the mexican guy who threw his flag on the stage and cornell put it on his shoulders, he went with a bunch of other mexicans and a colombian so it was nice meeting her ( im half colombian ;).

OH and i met a really cool slovakian..

yeh great fucking show.. wow rusty cage was insane, people right behind me where just charging into each other.... i swear everyone went mad for the carry on shit :(

I was shouting out holy water, gun and hands all over, i think people looked me with thinking, wtf are those songs LOL.

Was a great show though :) Say hello, blow up the outside, fell on , slave > whole lotta love thing , the list goes on!

wasn't for school on wed i would go to the show ugh

Hey!

Was really nice to met you and the other people from the forum! I'm the mexican that was in front row, not the one from the flag. Really nice gig, awesome, not sure wat was best, if this one, or the Astoria!

Anyway, me and my friend took some pics, here is the link to the gallery http://web.mac.com/ledezma/iWeb/Site/CC%20Roundhouse.html

Soon a couple of videos
    anyone else repping at nottingham later?

i lucked out coz my mate has family he has been meaning to visit there for a while, so we decided to combine it with the gig

i'll let you know wht its like.

birmingham got call me a dog, was that cornell acoustic?

brisk, was cool seeing you again, albeit briefly, lol.

Yeah Call Me A Dog and some cover were in the middle of his acoustic set.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    skynet wrote:
    Hey!

Was really nice to met you and the other people from the forum! I'm the mexican that was in front row, not the one from the flag. Really nice gig, awesome, not sure wat was best, if this one, or the Astoria!

Anyway, me and my friend took some pics, here is the link to the gallery http://web.mac.com/ledezma/iWeb/Site/CC%20Roundhouse.html

Soon a couple of videos

DIEGO!

yoo :)

lol Jose is so dam funny!
  • The other acoustic song in Birmingham was "Whats so funny about Peace love and understanding"(think thats the title)
    Its on the Unplugged in Sweden if any1 has that... (he plays it after Redemption song on that CD)
    Got a drumstick at birmingham!! Fluke it landed on me shoulder!lol