I like Elton John. Fuck Everyone.

2»

Comments

• qwerty1qwerty1 Posts: 142
    From 1970-75, he was great! Ill defend those songs to the death.
    Now he is a washed up media whore. But he also has a billion dollars, so what do I know?
    This sidewalk is for regular walking, not for fancy walking!
  • qwerty wrote:
    From 1970-75, he was great! Ill defend those songs to the death.
    Now he is a washed up media whore. But he also has a billion dollars, so what do I know?

hahaha, i'm with ya
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • He actually still puts on a really good show... I went to see him a few years back and we got there like 45 minutes late, i kind of assumed we had just missed a lot of good stuff, but in fact we walked in as he finished playing the last song from the newest record... then he proceeded to play another 2+ hours pretty much playing everything you could ever want to hear (except for Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters, which kind of broke my heart cause that is one of my favorite songs ever).
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    I loved him up through Captain Fantastic ... everything since has been rubbish, imo. I saw him once in the 80s, which was when he was already deep into his rubbish phase, but he put on a great show, mostly older stuff. It was a lot better than I expected it to be.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • I fucking like Rocketman. I heard that today on the radio. Fuckin' awesome song. I don't care if he's gay.

But I doubt the line: "I miss my wife"

truly a post by a male, 17.

why would it matter if he's gay? you thread title should just read "I like Elton John" without the "fuck everyone"

but on a personal note, I don't care for Elton John. never really could get into his songs. not that he's not good, he's just not for me. and he's a little too stuck up his own ass for my liking

sidenote: I've often thought what the heck would happen on this message board if one of the Pearl Jam guys admitted to being gay. people would be going apeshit with threads defending them, bashing them, etc.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • qwerty1qwerty1 Posts: 142
    sidenote: I've often thought what the heck would happen on this message board if one of the Pearl Jam guys admitted to being gay. people would be going apeshit with threads defending them, bashing them, etc.

You should of seen what happened when a few of the posters have said they are gay. Mostly positive, but too many nagative(and sometimes very nasty) posts toward those posters.
    This sidewalk is for regular walking, not for fancy walking!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I saw Elton for the first time last year and the concert was incredible! He is really talented.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Love "Someone Saved My Life Tonight"! However I can't help but play the lyric game that PJ played back in '96 (spin magazine) with Tiny Dancer.

"Hold Me Closer Tony Danza"

Oh and with Billy Joel I love screwing with "Just the way you are"

"I couldn't love you, Eddie Vedder, Not after you went and stole my car!"
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    yeah 'someone saved my life tonight' is a great song. however i can't help but chuckle out loud whenever hearing it out now. knowing it's about elton john and bernie taupin's newly found 'admiration' for each other kind of ruined the lyrical aspect of it for me.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    cc10106 wrote:
    yeah 'someone saved my life tonight' is a great song. however i can't help but chuckle out loud whenever hearing it out now. knowing it's about elton john and bernie taupin's newly found 'admiration' for each other kind of ruined the lyrical aspect of it for me.

Didn't know what it was about. Why I love PJ so much in allowing to keep the interpretations of their songs to the listener!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I fucking like Rocketman. I heard that today on the radio. Fuckin' awesome song. I don't care if he's gay.

But I doubt the line: "I miss my wife"

I like old Elton John too, but then, I think Madman Across the Water was the first record I bought as a kid--and I play the piano.

I don't like much past Yellow Brick Road though...
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    right on. ed is one of the best lyricists of our time - yeah i said it. as for the elton john bit, i was unfortunate to learn of that on some tv show like vhl classics or some shit.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    truly a post by a male, 17.

why would it matter if he's gay? you thread title should just read "I like Elton John" without the "fuck everyone"

but on a personal note, I don't care for Elton John. never really could get into his songs. not that he's not good, he's just not for me. and he's a little too stuck up his own ass for my liking

I,too, can never get into his stuff. I always preferred Billy Joel's music before he married Brinkley. He's hit or miss after that.