Alice in Chains

2»

Comments

• pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Yes, I saw them play in the old arena in Seattle, with Screaming Trees and Grunttruck. What a fucking incrediblle evening. Had to beg my buddy to come with me too.

Great, always thought layne had the most poweful voice in rock, to bad how he ended.
  • Is there a opening band for this tour?
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I saw them last night at the Tabernacle in Atlanta and they fucking rocked the place. anyone who has any doubts about this tour becasue layne is not with them needs suck it up and get a ticket becasue it is a great show. William does a great job and has good stage presence. Jerry is the fucking man and just destoyed on guitar all night long.

Whale and Wasp
    Again
    Bleed The Freak
    Grind
    It Ain't Like That
    Junkhead
    Nutshell
    Them Bones
    Dam That River
    Rain When I Die

- Acoustic Set -
    Don't Follow
    Brother
    Killer Is Me
    No Excuses
    Got Me Wrong
    Down In A Hole

- Electric Set pt2 -
    Sludge Factory
    We Die Young
    Heaven Beside You
    Angry Chair
    Man In The Box

- Encore -
    Rooster
    Would?

I forgot how massively heavy the riff for sludge factory is.

amazing show 2 hours long. The crowd was really loud and really into it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Yes, I saw them play in the old arena in Seattle, with Screaming Trees and Grunttruck. What a fucking incrediblle evening. Had to beg my buddy to come with me too.
    dude that is awesome. Gruntruck might be the most underated band from seattle.... that is unless screaming trees takes that honor!

What a killer show you saw.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    I saw them last night at the Tabernacle in Atlanta and they fucking rocked the place. anyone who has any doubts about this tour becasue layne is not with them needs suck it up and get a ticket becasue it is a great show. William does a great job and has good stage presence. Jerry is the fucking man and just destoyed on guitar all night long.

I don't remember the setlist but i'm pretty sure i rember all the songs played and this is what i rembember:
    we die young
    man in the box
    bleed the freak
    it ain't like that
    brother
    got me wrong
    them bones
    dam that river
    rain when i die
    rooster
    junkhead
    angry chair
    down in a hole
    would?
    no excuses
    whale of wasp (intro music)
    don't follow
    nutshell
    killer in me
    grind
    sludge factory
    heavan beside you
    again

I think that is it. I might have fucked up a little i was too busy rockin out. Obviously not in that order. I forgot how massively heavy the riff for sludge factory is.

amazing show 2 hours long. The crowd was really loud and really into it.

What a treat we got last night!! I will never forget this one, easily the best show I have seen all year, definately in my top 3! Yeah people that are missing this are really missing out, this is the closest you will ever get to see Alice in Chains, Jerry, Mike and Shawn rocked out and William did a great job at filling the shoes of a legend. I was really impressed and glad I didn't miss out on this great show!

• I'm going to the show tonight in Orlando at Hard Rock.....anyone else?
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • NewmanUSPS wrote:
    I'm going to the show tonight in Orlando at Hard Rock.....anyone else?

You will have a great time, they blew the roof off. At times, you could feel the floor shaking!!

• PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    I just want to say that the crowd last night at the Tabernacle was phenomenal as well as the band. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I was extremely surprised by the band's performance, especially William Duvall. Saw a lot of the "Faithfull" out last night at the show wearing their PJ shirts. Had fun talking with all of ya. Good times overall.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I am one of the ones who is sorry- I am deeply regretting missing this show! :(
    I was skeptical about this show, so I ended up buying frampton and who tix but wish I had bought some AIC tix. A friend of mine at the Austin show, said there was a good vibe that the band could tour again as Jerry hinted at it. I have a video of AIC aic with William singing again on my myspace, check my sig, and I will add you if you want to check it out to get an idea of how they sound.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    intodeep wrote:
    dude that is awesome. Gruntruck might be the most underated band from seattle.... that is unless screaming trees takes that honor!

What a killer show you saw.
    I still throw in the Gruntruck CD's. Always liked that band. The Trees ain't so bad either! Oh what a night!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    cookie5798 wrote:
    Is there a opening band for this tour?
    I think it is "Hurt".....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • GR8Dane wrote:
    I think it is "Hurt".....
    Yeah I found that out. The drummer was insane!

• oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    i have tickets for the nov 18 show at the Uptown in KC. it's sold out. can't wait for this show!!
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I'm gonna see them tonight @ Ft. Lauderdale's "Revolution" :D yay!
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    I'm gonna see them tonight @ Ft. Lauderdale's "Revolution" :D yay!

Great, let me know how it was.
    I heard that the club had some problems and things were running late and their was no acoustic set last night .... :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • edgarcampedgarcamp Posts: 100
    Hurt didn't go on until 9:30, AIC at 10:30 and played until 12. No acoustic set, but damn they rocked. Jerry seemed to be pissed most of the night. I couldn't tell why, vocals were great and guitar sounded fine. He thanked the crowd for, "bearing with us." I didn't see any problem besides the late start.
    It was a very tightly packed crowd but pretty good energy.
    Duvall is a perfect fit. I'm not going to say he sounds like Layne, but he is damn good, real damn good.
    A must see if they come to your area.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    intodeep wrote:
    I heard that the club had some problems and things were running late and their was no acoustic set last night .... :(

Yep. I checked out the setlist from previous nights and was expecting them to play the acoustic set + No Excuses...but they didn't. I notice the show was running a bit late, but I didn't know if it just was that way or if there was some kind of issue. So yeah, I guess there was a problem :p

The show was AWESOME though. The new guy's voice is not too different from Layne's, it fits the music. I absolutely loved the show and I'm glad I had the chance to see them live! :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Some great stuff on youtube from the atlanta show i was at

Them Bones
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY6i87EECRo

Junkhead
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juhWBAORBtI
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Before Layne died, I would have given anything to see them. It's good to hear Duvall can do justice.
    Anybody know when they'll next be doing the UK? I'd still love to see them.
    "Death ain't the same without you, dear"
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    Alicesque wrote:
    Before Layne died, I would have given anything to see them. It's good to hear Duvall can do justice.
    Anybody know when they'll next be doing the UK? I'd still love to see them.

i beleive after they are done with the US Tim is supposed to be working on the new Comes With The Fall album....... maybe late next year or early the year afteR??
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    oooh, I'm not sure I can wait til 11/26.......I just got Comes With The Falls new EP and track one just KICKS!!! It's on the new album to come.....for only $5 you should try it......5 great songs.......yeah, they picked a good singer for AIC.....

He NAILED Junkhead...........
  • just got my tix today i finally gave in this post did it
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    yeah the show at Revolution in Lauderdale on Thurs. was really good. Dam that River, We Die Young, Junkhead, Dirt, Sludge Factory, etc. were insatiably on fire. I agree with edgarcamp that Jerry seemed pissed that night (at least some of it). i think some of it had to do with him not being able to hear his guitar (i remember seeing him rip out his earphones/monitors/whatever the hell they're called in disgust and just start wailing away on his guitar). the venue was packed to the fucking rafters. i could barely breath b/c there were so many fucking bodies. i was real happy that everyone came out to support them. way to finally go FL fans.

p.s. - to whoever stayed for the "afterparty", weren't those strippers, i mean dancers, hot as hell? well worth staying a little while after.
    Live Free or Die!
  • intodeep wrote:
    Some great stuff on youtube from the atlanta show i was at

Them Bones
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY6i87EECRo

Junkhead
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juhWBAORBtI

sweetness!!

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    YOU GUYS HEARD MY STORY?

I was sitting at the royal george outside with a few friends and including some from here. I was looking at my friend as you do when you speak and then i turned away and i saw some guy on the corner of the street. Its only about 20-30m not a long street. And i said to him that looks awfully like William Duvall and my friend was like yeh it does. He turned and walked towards us and i went up t him and shook his hand and asked if he was William Duvall and he said yes. He went into the bar (wasn't allowed in as you had to be 18) and he was looking for some lunch aparantly but i think he got swallowed up with fans. I managed to get him to sign my ticket (the front one you get with your address on it) and give me another hand shake and we asked him to play some jar of flies and he told us they were going to go deep into the catologue. They didn't really but still was awesome.

so that was pretty sweet
    I BrisK I wrote:
    YOU GUYS HEARD MY STORY?

I was sitting at the royal george outside with a few friends and including some from here. I was looking at my friend as you do when you speak and then i turned away and i saw some guy on the corner of the street. Its only about 20-30m not a long street. And i said to him that looks awfully like William Duvall and my friend was like yeh it does. He turned and walked towards us and i went up t him and shook his hand and asked if he was William Duvall and he said yes. He went into the bar (wasn't allowed in as you had to be 18) and he was looking for some lunch aparantly but i think he got swallowed up with fans. I managed to get him to sign my ticket (the front one you get with your address on it) and give me another hand shake and we asked him to play some jar of flies and he told us they were going to go deep into the catologue. They didn't really but still was awesome.

so that was pretty sweet

that is a great story man!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I'm going to see them in Wichita on November 9th.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    November 11th in Milwaukee for me.

There were tickets available last time I checked.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV