Alice in Chains

DPT JammerDPT Jammer Posts: 5
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Not PJ related but I saw them 2 nights ago in south Texas and it was an AWESOME show. They played for over 2 hours and the set included an acoustic session (flashback to MTV unplugged).

If they're anywhere close, it will be well worth your time.
'98 Albuquerque, '00 Houston, '03 San Antonio, '06 Las Vegas
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i'm going on november 27th here in LA...
    OH MY GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!
    can't wait!
    [ 14 ]
    san diego '06 | los angeles '06 | los angeles '06 | san francisco '06 | seattle '09 | salt lake city '09 | los angeles '09 | los angeles '09 | philadelphia '09 | arras '10 | lisbon '10 | berlin '12 | oslo '12 | copenhagen '12
  • Hell yeah! I'm seeing them next Thursday in Ft. Lauderdale. Which songs did they do in the acoustic session?
  • You will enjoy. They started with Again and ended with Would?

Included a nice tribute to Layne and William was unbelievable.

Have fun!
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    they were amazing at the astoria! everyone has to see them
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'm listening to Mad Season right now... I wish I could see them in TO but being 15 my parents wouldn't let me go.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • so please fill me in here....AIC is dead....Layne is dead....so whats the deal? if they got a new singer why the fuck are still calling themselves AIC?
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    tremorvoid wrote:
    so please fill me in here....AIC is dead....Layne is dead....so whats the deal? if they got a new singer why the fuck are still calling themselves AIC?

Because Jerry wrote most of the songs. AC/DC continued successfully with a new singer after Bon Scott's death, Black Sabbath & Van Halen have had success with a new singer after parting ways with the original. So why do people feel that the remaining members are in the wrong to continue the band if they choose to? It'd be different if Layne wrote everything (ie/ Nirvana/Cobain).

Thats how I feel about it. If they stay true to what they did before then it seems like more of a tribute than blasphemy.
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • tremorvoid wrote:
    so please fill me in here....AIC is dead....Layne is dead....so whats the deal? if they got a new singer why the fuck are still calling themselves AIC?

Actually attend a show, then speak.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Excellent!!! i will be at the 11/24 Paramount show in Seattle for my birthday celebration (my birthday is 11/25)!!!! i am very excited for the show.
  • AntreaperAntreaper Posts: 256
    I saw them do a VH1 special with Heart in ACity.

Ummm...

They had to do Would x2 and Man in the Box x 2 because of sound mishaps or something. Cantrell was a fucking dick about it and was saying how lucky we were for having to hear these songs multiple times.

Oh btw, Heart was better.

Covered a lot of Zep, and were really good.
    "It's as comfortable as can be. But when you're on stage playing with Neil, well -- it's one thing to be at the zoo and watch an animal pace around its cage. It's another to be in the cage with him." -Eddie Vedder
  • I saw them in Mansfield MA during Locobazooka and was amazed with how good Duval was. Definately worth the price of admission.
  • they already play chicago? i dont remember what the date was... i think it mightve been oct or nov 11th?... too lazy to check :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • 14RAY5514RAY55 Posts: 109
    DPT Jammer wrote:
    Not PJ related but I saw them 2 nights ago in south Texas and it was an AWESOME show. They played for over 2 hours and the set included an acoustic session (flashback to MTV unplugged).

If they're anywhere close, it will be well worth your time.

Thanks,I've been kicking myself since the early 90's when I missed them.Very happy to hear they can still pull it off without the late great Layne Staley.Looking forward to a great show this Thursday!!!
    Still Alive And Well In Miami
    4-23-92 Miami,8-22-92 Miami,3-28-94 Miami,10-07-96 Ft.Laud.,9-22-98 WPB,9-23-98 WPB,8-9-00 WPB,8-10-00 WPB,4-11-03 WPB,7-16-06 S.F.,7-18-06 S.F.,7-22-06 Gorge,6-11-08 WPB,6-12-08 Tampa,10-23-10 Moun.View,10-24-10 Moun.View
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 965
    good to hear positive things...going to Nov 5 show in Toronto, didnt know what to expect...but sounds like it should be good...
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • grazmangrazman Posts: 198
    yep
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • edgarcampedgarcamp Posts: 100
    thursday, ft lauderdale, anyone, anyone........
  • Stay tuned.
  • DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    I feel like I am going to throw up.....

I would give anything to see them in Toronto. Sold out. Thats what I get for not paying attention..... FUCK!
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • playing 11/13 in Minneapolis First Ave.
    6/26/98 E. Troy WI, 6/27/98 E. Troy WI,6/30/98 Minneapolis MN, 7/3/98 Bonner Springs KS,10/8/00 E. Troy WI (THE ICEBOWL),6/13/03 Council Bluffs IA,06/15/03 Fargo ND,06/16/03 St.Paul MN,9/9/05 Thunder Bay ON,5/17/06 Chicago,6/26/06 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul, 8/23/09 Chicago IL, 8/24/09 Chicago IL, 5/3/10 Kansas City, MO, Chicago IL (Wrigley Field) 7/19/13
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I saw Jerry solo twice in small clubs - The Middle East in Boston and Lupo's in Providence. Each time, half the songs were AIC songs with William Duval singing the Layne parts... good shit!
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    tremorvoid wrote:

they are touring as AIC but if they ever make another album jerry said they would go under another name.
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    Seeing them Tuesday night. Gonna need it after bullshitting my way through a 10-page paper I have to write by Tuesday.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Rooster286 wrote:
    I saw them in Mansfield MA during Locobazooka and was amazed with how good Duval was. Definately worth the price of admission.
    Unfortunately, I have only listened to bootlegs and watched their performance at the Rock Am Ring Festival in Germany this summer on DVD. I agree that Duvall is a VERY good replacement. And me thinks that Layne's shoes were extremely difficult to fill.
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Seeing them Tuesday night. Gonna need it after bullshitting my way through a 10-page paper I have to write by Tuesday.
    I'll be at the Tabernacle too! can't wait. This is gonna be the shit!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • tremorvoid wrote:

don't go then debby downer.

If you would have seen them live back in the day you'd realize how much Jerry was singing and Layne was not especially towards the end. Jerry wrote and sung most of the material anyhow.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • After thinking I was never going to get to see them perform live, I was shocked at how good they were. The place rocked. Cantrell was beyond belief and William on vocals added to the really awesome experience. I would love to see them again.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    MNJAMMER wrote:
    playing 11/13 in Minneapolis First Ave.

That is going to be ridiculous. First Ave is a great place to see a show. Too bad it's on a Monday.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    Anyone here saw AIC with Layne??? I love AIC but I never saw them live, I would love to see them now without comaparing, Im just courius, anyone saw Layne live?????
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Excellent!!! i will be at the 11/24 Paramount show in Seattle for my birthday celebration (my birthday is 11/25)!!!! i am very excited for the show.
    Alright aNiMaL. We gotta hook up b4 this one.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    pouch15 wrote:
    Anyone here saw AIC with Layne??? I love AIC but I never saw them live, I would love to see them now without comaparing, Im just courius, anyone saw Layne live?????
    Yes, I saw them play in the old arena in Seattle, with Screaming Trees and Grunttruck. What a fucking incrediblle evening. Had to beg my buddy to come with me too.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!