Hardest Working Band ..

2»

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    Get_Right wrote:
    That will be a tough ticket but I am going to try and put it together.
    Any interest in Thurs or Fri?

yeah friday not thursday ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    yeah friday not thursday ...

lets see how it goes when the tix go onsale kimosabe
  • godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    BB King. Without a doubt. He was just in Salina, Kan., last week. Too bad I missed that one. He tours alot more places than PJ ever will... and he's 80+ years old.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Dylan

Never Ending Tour
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    Get_Right wrote:
    lets see how it goes when the tix go onsale kimosabe

that would be cool ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,968
    that would be cool ...

Do you guys not have cell phones or regular email :p?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Pearl Jam
    Flaming Lips
    Widespread Panic (tour ALOT)
    Modest Mouse (tour alot)
    Ween (also tour a shit ton)
    Les Claypool and his many bands
    Tool (always expect 100% from themselves, nothing less)
    NIN
    Collective Soul (seems to always be touring)
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Rush
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • godpt3 wrote:
    BB King. Without a doubt. He was just in Salina, Kan., last week. Too bad I missed that one. He tours alot more places than PJ ever will... and he's 80+ years old.
    your shitting me. Im an hour south
  • NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    Tool (always expect 100% from themselves, nothing less)
    Exactly, saw them in Tulsa. Was Justins b-day. An amazing show. Ate way too many mushrooms before that show.
  • The Roots
    NERDS!
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Sevendust, followed by Clutch. Both tour extensively and consistently put on great shows (they are, IMO, the only bands that rank up there with Pearl Jam in this regard). The former seems to come out with a new release every year.
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    Hardest working? hmmm..i'd say bands like Rolling Stones..just for a matter of age, touring with over 60 years old and looking like a resurrected pharaoh must be quiet an effort...and yes they still deliver great live shows.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Odin wrote:
    Sevendust, followed by Clutch. Both tour extensively and consistently put on great shows (they are, IMO, the only bands that rank up there with Pearl Jam in this regard). The former seems to come out with a new release every year.
    Clutch is the answer, yes.
    Clutch is the answer, yes.

I think Sevendust edges them out slightly, but Clutch is definitely right up there.

What are your impressions of The Company Band?
    Odin wrote:
    I think Sevendust edges them out slightly, but Clutch is definitely right up there.

What are your impressions of The Company Band?
    i like it but i cant stand that guitarist from Firebally Ministry, i just think he's a total loser. Jess Margera's drumming is solid but nothing mind blowing. the real question is would you listen to it if Neil Fallon wasn't involved. he makes that band intresting and worth my money. "Fortune's a Mistress" is a great song. overall it's a good EP, but i'd like to hear them live or on a full length.

it takes a little getting into because i'm so use to Neil singing for Clutch it's just odd to hear him sing a totally different type of music. shit, i'm on the fence on this one. to me a lot of it is almost average metal/rock but Neil makes it worthwhile. what do you think?

for the record i never cared for Sevendust. some of my friends really liked their early records but i couldn't get into it. i don't like it when the bands second singer is the drummer. unless it's Phil Collins of course!
    the real question is would you listen to it if Neil Fallon wasn't involved.

Good question. Probably not, though I'm always interested in "supergroups" and how they sound due to the hit-or-miss factor. The Company Band pulls off the "classic rock" sound fairly well, IMO, and they have more chemistry than a lot of supergroups (Velvet Revolver and HellYeah immediately come to mind).
    for the record i never cared for Sevendust. some of my friends really liked their early records but i couldn't get into it. i don't like it when the bands second singer is the drummer. unless it's Phil Collins of course!

I don't mind Morgan screaming occasionally, but it has been a bit overboard on their last few albums. From what I've read, their upcoming album "Hope & Sorrow" will mark a return to their "Animosity" sound. I think you'll enjoy their new single "Prodigal Son." It's got a bluesy feel to it and the screaming has been scaled back dramatically.
    Come to think of it, I don't think the new single contains any screaming.
    didn't Sevendust put out an all acoustic record... Seasons or something??? i was mildly curious about that.

Hellyeah SUCKS!! so genric and boring.
    didn't Sevendust put out an all acoustic record... Seasons or something??? i was mildly curious about that.

Their Southside Double-Wide album is all-acoustic. It's a damn good album because Lajon has one of the better voices in rock. They also went on an acoustic tour a few years ago.